Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Feb 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: If Wrestling with Shadows didnt Exist how would we have viewed the Screwjob??
Regardless of what Bret or Shawn or anyone else says, I believe that the Montreal Screwjob was the greatest work of all time:
1. Vince gives Bret "permission" to negotiate with WCW.
2. Bischoff is overpaying for Bret, like he did with everyone who went to WCW. Bret is nearing the end of his career, so he can make as much money as possible because given the WWF's financial troubles at the time, he couldn't make that money with Vince.
3. Vince has stated that should Bret go to WCW, they would never know what to do with him. The Screwjob gave Bret a fantastic story. (Which Bischoff, along with certain wrestlers who have 100% creative control, screwed up.)
4. "Mr. McMahon" is born. The one guy Vince knows will never leave the company is himself & sets himself up as the ultimate bad guy.
5. Shawn was a tweener for months but apparently backstage wants to be a heel. Screwjob ensures that Michaels is pretty much a heel in Canada forever & a heel when he faces first Undertaker & then Austin in the coming months.
6. Should everything work out, Bret has the perfect reason to come back when his contract would run out with WCW: come back for one last run against Shawn & Vince & get his redemption.
However, Owen died tragically & Michaels ended up with the back injury which caused an over four year retirement, which at the time was thought to be permanent.
Wrestling's greatest work.