Yokozuna was great - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 03-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #81 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait 50 - 100
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Fenômeno View Post


Wow im sorry.
No kidding. It IS real.

Just like the Von Erichs are considered bigger then Hogan in Israel.

People know their names in Israel.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #82 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 340
MoneyInc 101 - 250MoneyInc 101 - 250
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosihait View Post
You're the one with the thickhead.

Yoko was the champ. Therefore, he had that resposibiliity to draw.

He didn't.

You know who deserves something? A guy who's actually good. At least Hall at talent. At least Shawn had talent. But Yoko? That guy isn't worthy being IC champ, so a World champ? At least the Kliq were relevant to the culture.

Come on...

Tell me how he was worthy.



You've proved that you're dumb. AGAIN.

The best drawers are gone? Hmmm... Where was Savage?

They lost money not because Hogan left. They lost money because... Well... The product sucked ass.

Hogan lost money as well back then!

It had nothing to do with the times. It had something to do with the fact that wrestling wasn't cool.

It's like screaming "Steroid Scandal!". The product sucked ass, hence it lost money and business.



As I said, it means nothing.

That falls on Yoko. Because he WAS that shitty product.

So you just proved yourself wrong.

Even Hogan lost money at that time

HOGAN WASN'T A DESERVING CHAMP??? If Hogan couldn't draw money how do you fault Yoko for not drawing money???

It isn't YOKO's fault which is what your making it to be. It is WWE's fault. They don't draw soley on who is champ you idiot.

HAHAHHAHA you proved yourself wrong after all this time of arguing. Pathetic really. If Hogan was losing money at that time, it definitely wasn't Yoko's fault. It was the company's as a whole. Whoever the belt was put on at that time would lose money. Therefore this whole argument you've made is irrelevant.
MoneyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #83 (permalink)
Winning World titles, Custom Made Clothes
 
just1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bolton, England
Posts: 15,152
just1988 8501 - 9000just1988 8501 - 9000just1988 8501 - 9000just1988 8501 - 9000just1988 8501 - 9000just1988 8501 - 9000just1988 8501 - 9000just1988 8501 - 9000just1988 8501 - 9000just1988 8501 - 9000just1988 8501 - 9000
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Yokozuna was a good heel, when he was motivated...which seemed to be a grand time of 1 year. After that he faded quickly and never hit anywhere near the heights that somebody of his unique look and style could have reached.

A quick side note, Yokozuna was my favourite toy when I was a kid. His figure was so different from the rest of the others that WWF were producing at the time, loved it.


__________________

COME ON IN, ADD, FOLLOW AND SUBSCRIBE


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anwar.thinks

Xbox Live: anwarthegunner

Twitter: http://twitter.com/anwar_thinks

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/just_1988/jo...album_rankings
just1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #84 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait 50 - 100
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyInc View Post
So you just proved yourself wrong.

Even Hogan lost money at that time

HOGAN WASN'T A DESERVING CHAMP??? If Hogan couldn't draw money how do you fault Yoko for not drawing money???

It isn't YOKO's fault which is what your making it to be. It is WWE's fault. They don't draw soley on who is champ you idiot.

HAHAHHAHA you proved yourself wrong after all this time of arguing. Pathetic really. If Hogan was losing money at that time, it definitely wasn't Yoko's fault. It was the company's as a whole. Whoever the belt was put on at that time would lose money. Therefore this whole argument you've made is irrelevant.
Hogan WASN'T a deserving champ... At the 1990s.

It wasn't the culture back then.

Just like he wasn't a deserving champ at WCW 1999-2000.

Yoko is partially resposible for that, because he was the faliure of 80s wrestling in the 90s.


HAHAHHAHA you're an idiot that kisses Yoko's fat butt. You're really a pathetic guy who's balls hurt when he hears someone trashes Yoko.

IF SOMEONE RELEVANT WOULD'VE HOLD THE BELT, HE WOULD'VE MADE MONEY.

Therefore you suck, Yoko suck, and you can't read as well.

Go to the streets to get some money because you clearly know nothing about it.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #85 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 50
Zk29 50 - 100
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Yokozuna was the perfect monster heel champ. He was big and intimidating. His manager was an annoying twit you wanted to punch in the face. And people were begging for somebody to beat him. There wasn't much else you could ask of a heel champion. Bret Hart finally got over as a main-eventer after beating him at Wrestlemania X. His previous title run was weak.

Popularity for the whole sport was down at that time anyway. Wrestlemania VIII (With Hogan, Savage, Flair, Piper) was one of the lowest bought of all time. Yokozuna was just given the ball and he ran pretty damn well with it.

His brief tag team run with Owen Hart was great as well.
Zk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #86 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait 50 - 100
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zk29 View Post
Yokozuna was the perfect monster heel champ. He was big and intimidating. His manager was an annoying twit you wanted to punch in the face. And people were begging for somebody to beat him. There wasn't much else you could ask of a heel champion. Bret Hart finally got over as a main-eventer after beating him at Wrestlemania X. His previous title run was weak.

Popularity for the whole sport was down at that time anyway. Wrestlemania VIII (With Hogan, Savage, Flair, Piper) was one of the lowest bought of all time. Yokozuna was just given the ball and he ran pretty damn well with it.

His brief tag team run with Owen Hart was great as well.


Bret got NOTHING from this feud.

Hmm... What can I ask of a heel champion?

Talent? Charisma?

If he had a good run, then why did no one cared after Wrestlemania X?
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #87 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,127
Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Some of my favorite stories in wrestling are Yokozuna related. Telling off Shane Douglas on the WWF World Tour Bus, being "gangster as fuck" (according to Konnan) in the way that he talked, hiding drugs in his fat rolls in his legs, & giving Hall/Nash the nWo catchphrases they used later when they went to WCW because of Mack-10 lyrics that Yoko was listening to. "For life!"

Also the fact that he was Samoan & played a Japanese sumo wrestler in WWF always cracked me up.
Coffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #88 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 340
MoneyInc 101 - 250MoneyInc 101 - 250
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

ALright then. SO WHO was a deserving champion in the 90s. WHO would have made the WWE MAKE MONEY. If you are actually telling me that Macho Man would make the WWE money when Hogan was losing it, then I have to tell you you are wrong. Macho is my favorite ever but if Hogan can't draw money then how in the hell is anyone else supposed to. As I said, you proved yourself wrong by saying Hogan was not a deserving champion and saying he lost money as well. The whole company was losing money. You can't just blame Yoko. Yoko isn't a top 50 wrestler of mine but he was still a deserving champ and a good heel. Not a personal favorite but I can still objectively argue that he was deserving. I don't know what is wrong with you and why you can't accept it. It is you vs like 10 people. It would be the same in any WWE circle you talked to. Most people think yoko was a good heel.


it is also funny that you have a picture of FANDANGO in your sig after you bashed the Honky Tonk Man. Fandango is just a very poorman's honky tonk.

Last edited by MoneyInc : 03-14-2013 at 03:50 PM.
MoneyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #89 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000austin316 G.O.A.T 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

-I personally enjoyed Yoko.

-He was different
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #90 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait 50 - 100
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyInc View Post
ALright then. SO WHO was a deserving champion in the 90s. WHO would have made the WWE MAKE MONEY. If you are actually telling me that Macho Man would make the WWE money when Hogan was losing it, then I have to tell you you are wrong. Macho is my favorite ever but if Hogan can't draw money then how in the hell is anyone else supposed to. As I said, you proved yourself wrong by saying Hogan was not a deserving champion and saying he lost money as well. The whole company was losing money. You can't just blame Yoko. Yoko isn't a top 50 wrestler of mine but he was still a deserving champ and a good heel. Not a personal favorite but I can still objectively argue that he was deserving. I don't know what is wrong with you and why you can't accept it. It is you vs like 10 people. It would be the same in any WWE circle you talked to. Most people think yoko was a good heel.


it is also funny that you have a picture of FANDANGO in your sig after you bashed the Honky Tonk Man. Fandango is just a very poorman's honky tonk.
Um, sweetie, clam down.

The question isn't WHO could've made money but WHAT could've made money. And you know what could've done it? A culturally relevant product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3zaPHf0fiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zzEO-PUZLs

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-pp...resent-19.html

Hogan WASN'T a deserving champ in the 90s. He wasn't relevant to the society. Just as Yoko was- Americans of the mid-90s had no particular reason to hate fat Japanese people. It was culturally irrelevant. It wasn't relevant even in the 80s.

I don't care what Yoko MARKS are thinking. I care about the truth. And you know what, Mr. KissYokoButt? You'll tell me WHY he was a deserving champ. Tell me. I'll be HAPPY to hear it and crush it.

I have Fandangooooooo in my sign? WTF?! It's BRET HART IN HIS WORST MOMENT, JERK!

Anyone held a title>Yoko. Name ONE guy that was worse then him (Not World champs. WWE champs).

Last edited by Yosihait : 03-15-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios