Yokozuna was great - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 03-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #91 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 344
MoneyInc 101 - 250MoneyInc 101 - 250
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Oh it was someone else with FANdango in their pic...


Dude the question is not WHO is a worse champ. You have to consider the situation. Vince wanted to put the belt on a heel so he put it on Yoko because YOKO DESERVED IT. You think you are smarter than Vince? Ok. As I said. Using your arguments, there wasn't a single wrestler deserving to be on the roster because the product as a whole lost money during that time. Get your head out of your arse please.
MoneyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #92 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait 50 - 100
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyInc View Post
Oh it was someone else with FANdango in their pic...


Dude the question is not WHO is a worse champ. You have to consider the situation. Vince wanted to put the belt on a heel so he put it on Yoko because YOKO DESERVED IT. You think you are smarter than Vince? Ok. As I said. Using your arguments, there wasn't a single wrestler deserving to be on the roster because the product as a whole lost money during that time. Get your head out of your arse please.
Get YOUR head out of Yoko's ass.

Yeah, I'm smarter then Vince. You'll tell me how he was deserving. Please, enlighten me... So I can crush it.

IF YOKO WAS THE WORST CHAMP, HOW THE FUCK DOES HE WORTHY?! HE HAD NOTHING: ZERO CHARISMA, ZERO TALENT, ZERO STAR POWER AND ZERO DRAW POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've thought Bret is Fandango. Why should I take you seriously?

Then again, you think Yoko is so great. You must be blind.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #93 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Sids_chickenleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,294
Sids_chickenleg 1001 - 1500Sids_chickenleg 1001 - 1500Sids_chickenleg 1001 - 1500Sids_chickenleg 1001 - 1500Sids_chickenleg 1001 - 1500Sids_chickenleg 1001 - 1500Sids_chickenleg 1001 - 1500Sids_chickenleg 1001 - 1500Sids_chickenleg 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosihait View Post
Get YOUR head out of Yoko's ass.

Yeah, I'm smarter then Vince. You'll tell me how he was deserving. Please, enlighten me... So I can crush it.

IF YOKO WAS THE WORST CHAMP, HOW THE FUCK DOES HE WORTHY?! HE HAD NOTHING: ZERO CHARISMA, ZERO TALENT, ZERO STAR POWER AND ZERO DRAW POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've thought Bret is Fandango. Why should I take you seriously?

Then again, you think Yoko is so great. You must be blind.
Then why don't you have hundreds of millions of dollars and running the biggest wrestling company in the world?

And he didn't think Bret was Fandango. Read his comment again.
Sids_chickenleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #94 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 388
superdog is being a bitch
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Yokozuna is one of the all time greats as far as I'm concerned.
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #95 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
That's Amore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 446
That's Amore 501 - 1000That's Amore 501 - 1000That's Amore 501 - 1000That's Amore 501 - 1000That's Amore 501 - 1000That's Amore 501 - 1000
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Yosihait,

You really come off arrogant & when coupled with the fact that it also seems you have no idea how the buisness works, you come off very badly.

Yoko was not great by any stretch of the imagination.

Noone is saying he was a master technician,like Dean Malenko, Mr. Perfect etc etc.

Noone is saying he had loads of charisma, like Hogan, Flair etc etc.

What he did have, however, is all the components to play a monster heel, which is what he was no more, no less.

Big, scary & looked pretty legit. Anyone would shit a brick if a man that size was coming after you. Presence is a very important aspect of pro-wrestling, something Yoko had in abundance.

As others have stated, which you seem to have ignored entirely, he was not bad in the ring. Quick for a guy his size & fairly precise. I can think of guys on the current roster who can't hold a candle to Yoko, yet have got over literally on presence & looks. Ryback springs to mind.

You want him compared to other champions? In terms of overall ability, if you categorise it into:

In-ring work
Charisma
Presence

If you take them categories, he only really loses out to Hogan on one & thats charisma. Just as good, if not better, in the ring than Hogan.

Funny that you use his booking to undermine the character. The way he was booked has no bearing on his skill, because by that merit Tyson Kidd is useless, which couldn't be further from the truth.

It boils down to, did he perform what he was told to do well? The answer is a definitive yes.

Just for kicks, if you were in charge, who would you have put the title on?
That's Amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #96 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Issues_Sunshyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,014
Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

I've been thinking about it, I think Yokozuna may have been the greatest champion of all-time.

Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #97 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
GE 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 149
GE 7 50 - 100
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

IMO Yoko is one of the greatest big men in the history of this industry, I would put him there with Bam and Show, he had the charisma and the athletic abilities and he was a great story teller in the ring.
For sure he was involved in some average story lines sometimes and I don't see how this can be considered his mistake or how this can take away from him as a wrestler.
__________________

Thanks to Google for the signature & the avatar
GE 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #98 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
N2mjusschillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 586
N2mjusschillin 251 - 500N2mjusschillin 251 - 500N2mjusschillin 251 - 500N2mjusschillin 251 - 500N2mjusschillin 251 - 500
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

yokozuna sucks.....and i feel like a good percentage of wrestling fans would agree......he was okay from a jobber stand point.....but as a main eventer? wtf? garbage
N2mjusschillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #99 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait 50 - 100
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Yoko sucks. He sucks ass. And all of you are remembering him from a time where you couldn't tell your ass of your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooo!! View Post
Yosihait,

You really come off arrogant & when coupled with the fact that it also seems you have no idea how the buisness works, you come off very badly.
It's seems that YOU are an idiot, sir. YOU have no idea how business work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooo!! View Post
Yoko was not great by any stretch of the imagination.

Noone is saying he was a master technician,like Dean Malenko, Mr. Perfect etc etc.

Noone is saying he had loads of charisma, like Hogan, Flair etc etc.
HA! That's it, man. YOKO WASN'T GREAT! THE QUESTION HERE WAS WHETHER OR NOT HE WAS GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooo!! View Post
What he did have, however, is all the components to play a monster heel, which is what he was no more, no less.

Big, scary & looked pretty legit. Anyone would shit a brick if a man that size was coming after you. Presence is a very important aspect of pro-wrestling, something Yoko had in abundance.
He had a presence?! So WHY DID HE HAD FUJI AND CORNETTE CARRYING HIS BACK?!

He was scary? OOOOOOH, you're scared of a guy that loses all the time and most of the time sucking air and on his back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooo!! View Post
As others have stated, which you seem to have ignored entirely, he was not bad in the ring. Quick for a guy his size & fairly precise. I can think of guys on the current roster who can't hold a candle to Yoko, yet have got over literally on presence & looks. Ryback springs to mind.
Yoko was "Quick for his size" considering that a guy in "his size" was supposed to be dead.

Mae Young is pretty good for an 80 year old woman.

David Otunga is REALLY good for a lawyer that drinks coffee and married to a celebrity.

Ryback is very good for a Ryback.

Yoko was over just as anyone else. It's so easy to say those stuff looking at him as a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooo!! View Post
You want him compared to other champions? In terms of overall ability, if you categorise it into:

In-ring work
Charisma
Presence

If you take them categories, he only really loses out to Hogan on one & thats charisma. Just as good, if not better, in the ring than Hogan.


He had MORE PRESENCE THEN HULK HOGAN?! THE GUY THAT WAS CELEBRITY?!

If he's that good, explain to me- What good matches he had? Hogan had:

Rock, Savage, Warrior, Sting, Rock, Angle...

Yoko had BRET.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooo!! View Post
Funny that you use his booking to undermine the character. The way he was booked has no bearing on his skill, because by that merit Tyson Kidd is useless, which couldn't be further from the truth.

It boils down to, did he perform what he was told to do well? The answer is a definitive yes.

Just for kicks, if you were in charge, who would you have put the title on?
Ummm... YEAH, booking is VERY important. Tyson Kidd is useless with his booking. And if Tyson would've win the title, you'll say "WTF?! WHY?!".

WHAT HE WAS TOLD?! Yoko was TOLD to be bad? Hmmm... So Brad Maddox is REALLY good by that merit, because he's being told to be bad. And Cena is being told to be sucky.

I've showed you in my previous posts two alternative booking options: Mickeybabylon suggested Taker, I say Savage. Both of us agree- NOT YOKO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE 7 View Post
IMO Yoko is one of the greatest big men in the history of this industry, I would put him there with Bam and Show, he had the charisma and the athletic abilities and he was a great story teller in the ring.
For sure he was involved in some average story lines sometimes and I don't see how this can be considered his mistake or how this can take away from him as a wrestler.
HE HAD CHARISMA?! So tell me, why after he lost his managers, he did NOTHING at all? If he was that charismatic, he would've been a success even after it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sids_chickenleg View Post
Then why don't you have hundreds of millions of dollars and running the biggest wrestling company in the world?

And he didn't think Bret was Fandango. Read his comment again.
He thought Bret was Fandango. Why don't I have millions of dollar? Kiddo, why did VINCE lost a lot of dollars back then and got them back only after he ditched that booking? Grow a set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2mjusschillin View Post
yokozuna sucks.....and i feel like a good percentage of wrestling fans would agree......he was okay from a jobber stand point.....but as a main eventer? wtf? garbage
THANK YOU!
How old were ALL of you when he was in his "Peak years"?

Your memories from the naivity back then makes Yoko bigger in your mind, and a better monster. If the SAME Yoko would've come today, you'll call him wrestlecrap.

I KNOW that you being a child back then improves him.

When you see him, you can't judge him objectively. None of you can.

Tell me now: If you'll look at an old tape and see Bastion Booger, wouldn't you smile? Just because of nostalgia?

Yoko reminds you your childhood.

But truth is- He wasn't a star, he wasn't GREAT (And that's what this thread is all about). If he WAS a star, if he COULD'VE generated heat, if he WAS that good, he wouldn't have fallen to jobberland after his storyline was ended.

Last edited by Yosihait : 03-15-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #100 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,127
Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500
Default Re: Yokozuna was great

Coffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios