If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Gorgeous George
I think the reason most people on this forum don't mention him is because they have only heard about him and not seen any of his work. I know I haven't.
For example, go in the GOAT thread and post the OP and 95% of the posters will discredit him completely, without even knowing anything about him and the other 5% will either ignore or change the subject because they don't know much about him.
IMO, he should get more mentions, simply because of the era he worked in, which was when wrestling had a more legitimate feel to it. But in these days, nobody calls anybody GOAT unless they've won the WWE Title countless times, main evented Wrestlemania or had a successful life outside of the business, which is totally unfair to guys in the old school who didn't have those same outlets.