Did Rock Screw Mankind? - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Did Rock Screw Mankind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
You have the quote from the book? Sounds really petty from a guy like Foley and weird because he praised Rock plenty of times during that period. They also worked with each other on a weekly basis, from their feud, to Rock and Sock to Foley's commissioner run. Good thing that he at least realized how stupid it was.
From "Foley is Good":

"A lot of people have wondered about my relationship with the Rock and with good cause, since comments I made about him in Beyond the Mat certainly revealed emotional wounds that didn't appear to have healed.

Well, The Rock and I did what we should have done a long time ago-we talked about it. He couldn't quite explain his actions of January 1999 in Anaheim, and I couldn't quite explain why I chose to hold on to my feelings for two years instead of letting them out in a mature manner. Actually, I think I can explain it. I was simply holding on to some hatred for a promo that never happened. Both of us were wrong, but I think maybe I was more wrong. The Rock made a mistake and apologized as soon as he was informed of it. I may have been a victim, but allowing my bitterness to fester for two years was just plain stupid. And make no mistake about it, I was bitter. Even stupider was my logic for holding it all in: I figured that with all of that anger built up I could cut a hell of a promo with him when the time was right."
murder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 02:08 PM
✯✯✯ Kissing Under the Mistletoe ✯✯✯
 
Clique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Irving, TX by way of Chicago, IL
Posts: 18,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Did Rock Screw Mankind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
From "Foley is Good":

"A lot of people have wondered about my relationship with the Rock and with good cause, since comments I made about him in Beyond the Mat certainly revealed emotional wounds that didn't appear to have healed.

Well, The Rock and I did what we should have done a long time ago-we talked about it. He couldn't quite explain his actions of January 1999 in Anaheim, and I couldn't quite explain why I chose to hold on to my feelings for two years instead of letting them out in a mature manner. Actually, I think I can explain it. I was simply holding on to some hatred for a promo that never happened. Both of us were wrong, but I think maybe I was more wrong. The Rock made a mistake and apologized as soon as he was informed of it. I may have been a victim, but allowing my bitterness to fester for two years was just plain stupid. And make no mistake about it, I was bitter. Even stupider was my logic for holding it all in: I figured that with all of that anger built up I could cut a hell of a promo with him when the time was right."
I'm going to have to re-read this book. Thanks for posting. I think Foley felt bad about not airing his feelings and I also think if you watched the Beyond The Mat documentary that Foley felt bad as a father for having his family in the front row to witness the brutal match.


THIS CHRISTMAS
ALL I'M REALLY ASKING FOR IS YOU

Clique is offline  
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
tducey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a house
Posts: 5,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                   
Re: Did Rock Screw Mankind?

He never. If anything I think The Rock solidifed Mankind as one of the toughest wrestlers ever.

This meme courtesy of a WWE meme page on Facebook
tducey is offline  
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 04:48 PM
WWE Golden Era Sim League President
 
Jatt Kidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: WrestleMania
Posts: 3,052
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Did Rock Screw Mankind?

Like, in bed?

No he didn't, he was finally the bad guy that Mankind needed to face, the arrogance of the Rock helped the sympathy factor for Mankind. Mankind was getting thrown off cells and battling with Shamrock for a while but until that sympathy factor kicked in, he wasn't getting as loud of pops.

10 Years: Decade of Destruction, The Cream of the Crop

Last edited by Jatt Kidd; 02-05-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Jatt Kidd is offline  
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Did Rock Screw Mankind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruum View Post
I agree. Perhaps 'screwed' is the wrong word. He definitely abused the trust that wrestlers have to have with eachother. I think a lot of people are failing to realize that The Rock (legend or not) was a piece of shit human being with really low morals........All that feel good shit about him game after he started making millions of dollars doing kid movies in hollywood.
i think you are confusing the character he plays/played in wwf, to real life. you couldnt possibly know what kind of human he was then..
DarkZavage is offline  
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
cablegeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Did Rock Screw Mankind?

Where did the rumor come from that Vince ordered Rock to beat the crap out of Foley? Did Foley hint this in Beyond the mat?

WRESTLEMANIA X7 - EVOLUTION 2004 - EXTREME RULES 2011
cablegeddon is offline  
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
starscreamlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Did Rock Screw Mankind?

D-Lo screwed Droz...
starscreamlive is offline  
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Did Rock Screw Mankind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
I really don't see how he screwed Foley. It's not like his career took a hit because of it.

If you think Rock screwed Foley over based on that, you probably think Owen screwed over Austin, seeing as he didn't check to see how Austin was doing.

I'm willing to bet Rock felt bad about it and I doubt Foley even had a major problem with it, at least not to the extent people make it out to be. It got Foley over big time, as well and was probably one of the top 3 moments of his career that didn't involve Japan or getting his ear ripped off.
Wow if there's proof that Owen (RIP) didn't check on Austin then that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more f'd up than anything having to do with Foley and Rock.
The Main Headliner is offline  
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 PM
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Did Rock Screw Mankind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Main Headliner View Post
Wow if there's proof that Owen (RIP) didn't check on Austin then that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more f'd up than anything having to do with Foley and Rock.
I can't remember exactly where I heard this from and can only assume it was through Bret or in a random shoot interview I've watched over the years.


But the story was that Owen never checked on Austin afterwards and IIRC, the reason was along the lines of Owen feeling pretty shitty about the accident. So, it was like he didn't want Austin to be mad, as it was genuinely an accident but by not seeing how he was doing, I'm pretty sure Austin was pissed.



On second thought, I'm nearly certain it was Bret who said this.
Elipses Corter is offline  
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Did Rock Screw Mankind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZavage View Post
i think you are confusing the character he plays/played in wwf, to real life. you couldnt possibly know what kind of human he was then..
That and it's common knowledge that the Rock was one of the best and nicest people to work with backstage. Outside of this obvious mis-communication there's basically been no leaked news of the Rock (between 1998 and 2004) having any issue with anyone. All i heard was that HBK was an asshole to him.
The Main Headliner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome