The Savage/Roberts feud in 91 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: America
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
The Savage/Roberts feud in 91

In my mind and many others is one of the greatest feuds in all time and should be mandatory watching for anyone in wrestling to see how you build a feud.

Everything worked perfectly, from Jake and Undertaker crashing the wedding reception to fans worldwide wanting Macho to be reinstated by President Tunney it drew you in and you wanted to see what happens next as Jake went down a dark path that made him the most hated man in wrestling. I never forget the Snake Bite incident ending with Jake laughing at the cobra and the crowds stunned and shocked reaction with kids crying and their parents trying to comfort them. You wanted to see Savage tear his head off for what he did to Elizabeth. There was no belts, no money, no glory involved. Just two men who wanted to kill the other and had to be separated from each other's throats.

That's how you get people invested in two guys feuding.
Mic1988 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Savage/Roberts feud in 91

It is a pretty epic feud

Savage taking that REAL bite like a champ, incredible. He sold crazy angry like a goddamn maniac

reDREDD is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Winning World titles, Custom Made Clothes
 
RyanPelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belleville, Indiana
Posts: 15,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Savage/Roberts feud in 91

Ahh man, one of the greatest feuds EVER. Your post was spot on. Everything in this feud was great. The wedding gift was awesome. (Honorable mention to Sid Justice scaring them off with a wood chair)

If people didn't hate Roberts enough after the snake bite and after slapping Miss Elizabeth, they surely hated him after the promo he cut. Absolutely bone chilling. Still one of the best promos I've ever heard. "That felt so good, I should have to pay for that!"


That has got to be Kane.
RyanPelley is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Savage/Roberts feud in 91

Almost forgot how good Jake was



breathtaking

reDREDD is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
tducey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a house
Posts: 5,011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                   
Re: The Savage/Roberts feud in 91

These 2 should have had a blow-off match at either the Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania. As good a feud as it was it deserved a match on a bigger event than "This Tuesday in Texas"

This meme courtesy of a WWE meme page on Facebook
tducey is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: America
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: The Savage/Roberts feud in 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPelley View Post
Ahh man, one of the greatest feuds EVER. Your post was spot on. Everything in this feud was great. The wedding gift was awesome. (Honorable mention to Sid Justice scaring them off with a wood chair)

If people didn't hate Roberts enough after the snake bite and after slapping Miss Elizabeth, they surely hated him after the promo he cut. Absolutely bone chilling. Still one of the best promos I've ever heard. "That felt so good, I should have to pay for that!"
Agreed, you wanted to see Jake get his. Nowadays the Heel is presented as the Cool Guy, Roberts was as much of a monster as you could get in Wrestling as he was universally hated over what he had done.

There was nothing complicated over it, it was something you could buy into and want to watch and see what happens next. If Jake had his Cobra bite Savage, who's to say he wouldn't try to have it bite Elizabeth?
Mic1988 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Winning World titles, Custom Made Clothes
 
RyanPelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belleville, Indiana
Posts: 15,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Savage/Roberts feud in 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic1988 View Post
Agreed, you wanted to see Jake get his. Nowadays the Heel is presented as the Cool Guy, Roberts was as much of a monster as you could get in Wrestling as he was universally hated over what he had done.

There was nothing complicated over it, it was something you could buy into and want to watch and see what happens next. If Jake had his Cobra bite Savage, who's to say he wouldn't try to have it bite Elizabeth?
Repped to the max. Great point. Anything Roberts could have done, say further harming Elizabeth as you mentioned, would have been almost expected from him, I guess you could say. Like anyone else doing that, it would have been shocking... But would it really be surprising for Roberts to go one step further? "I could cultivate her into something that even I could want."

Oh man, the end of that promo... "Let me touch her again." Walks away laughing, as Mean Gene is flipping his lid. That's fucking sick, and just so incredible now.


That has got to be Kane.
RyanPelley is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: The Savage/Roberts feud in 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tducey View Post
These 2 should have had a blow-off match at either the Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania. As good a feud as it was it deserved a match on a bigger event than "This Tuesday in Texas"
I remember some thought that Savage/Roberts would have a steel cage match at Mania VIII.

Yes this was one of the greatest feuds ever.

If you get the chance watch Macho and Jake in a IC title match on SNME from 1986. Classic.
promoter2003 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome