Ultimate Warrior - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Ultimate Warrior

From what i heard warrior is kind of above HBK and Hogan in terms of a rotten human being but a notch below Bret Hart.

Quote:
Warrior held Vince up for $250,000 dollars minutes before the main event at SummerSlam in MSG. That is perhaps the biggest no-no in the business. That's what Vince holds against him today.
very unprofessional indeed, but it's peanuts compared to the Montreal Screwjob sin The Hitman has commited/caused.
Rugal 3:16 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 09:39 PM
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Ultimate Warrior

You never explained how Bret is a rotten human being.



And why is it that you constantly go in threads to complain about how rotten Bret was? Has he ever held Vince up for a quarter million? It's not comparable and you really need help with your Bret bashing.

You probably think Bret is a worse human being than Jimmy Snuka, Chris Benoit, Dynamite Kid & Fritz Von Erich combined.
Elipses Corter is offline  
post #23 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
JLawls91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: England
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugal 3:16 View Post
From what i heard warrior is kind of above HBK and Hogan in terms of a rotten human being but a notch below Bret Hart.

very unprofessional indeed, but it's peanuts compared to the Montreal Screwjob sin The Hitman has commited/caused.
The Montreal Screwjob is more about Shawn Michaels' character during that time. Had he not have acted the way he did in regards to dropping the belt, would Bret have had a reluctance to lose the belt in Canada? As for his actions in the ring after it happened, it was heat of the moment for being screwed.

At the end of the day its happened, you have a hatred towards Bret and it blinds your vision on arguments that have NOTHING to do with him.People like you need to let go of the Screwjob. Bret and Vince have both got over it ffs
JLawls91 is offline  
post #24 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Berkajr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
               
Re: Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
I think the WWE's shitting on Warrior is a little too much.


The main reasons they use to bash him are no different than various other guys have done over the years. I mean, he worked for WWE on 3 different occasions. So, from his first stint, they knew what he was about but continued to bring him back.

I think the main bad point about Warrior is he doesn't handle business properly. The guy seems pretty intelligent but the fact that he's been shitting on the business and various top names in it for years will pretty much alter the views that any in the business have of him. Plus, he was pretty green and got pushed too far, too fast.

I remember Konnan saying he's only known 3 people to flip out on Vince and get away with it and that was HBK, Eddie & Warrior. Vince saw something good about all 3 to continue dealing with them and considering what guys like HBK have put Vince through, I don't believe Warrior is this psychotic, egomaniac they portray him to be, especially since they created the monster.
What do you mean does not handle business properly? Warrior knwo his namevalue, he does not share the socalled passion Ric Flair and others have, Warrior have made tons of moeny, so he does not have to come back to the business and refuse to come back on McMahon's terms. Sometimes it seems to me that everybody thinks cMahon treats hall his wrestlers fairly and dont push htem around. From what Iäve seen in shoot itnerviews with Warrior and read in Lesnars book, they both kind of confirms that Vince lives in his own WWE bubble and do think he can do what ever he wants and that everybody is want the top spot on no matter what. LEsnar, Goldberg and Warrior made shitloads of money and refused to go back on Vince terms, which is what everybody should strive for IMO. Their personal quality in their lives are like 1000 times more important than the person the portray on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by promoter2003 View Post
Bruno Sammartino has crapped on the modern wwf/e ever since he exited. He never got a railroad DVD. There is always two sides of the story I believe. I think the company thought like the IWC and made the DVD the way it was thinking everyone would agree. It backfired.

They even tried getting him into the HOF before guys like Savage who sure as hell deserve induction over him, yet he has more chance than Savage(regardless of the rumors).

Vince is strange like that because guys like Hall, Nash, and Luger scrwed him over more imo as they almost put a nail in the coffin for the company in the 90's after getting over 2 years promo as being the new generation of wrestling. We saw how wcw used that to its advantage. HBK would have done the same thing if he could have got out of that contract too in the mid 90's to jump ship.

Warrior is a strange dude and it's easy to make a dvd trying to capitalize on it imo.
Yep, WWE makes money on what they want, and as you say they did capitalize on Warrior despite being on bad terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugal 3:16 View Post
From what I heard warrior is kind of above HBK and Hogan in terms of a rotten human being but a notch below Bret Hart.



very unprofessional indeed, but it's peanuts compared to the Montreal Screwjob sin The Hitman has commited/caused.
Yes I agree, in terms of Warrior holding Vince up for money, I think Vince have to blame himself, not Warrior. Fans seems to buy in to WWE's version of it. But is that the real story? Do WWE tell the truth or manipulate it in order for them to be the good guys while burying Warrior?
Personaly I think that if I guy gets screwed around too much, got some spine and does not need the business as much as it needs you. You should be able to draw the line somewhere. Bret Hart did it in Montreal, Lesnar have done it, so did Goldberg. They all then got portrayed as the most evil men in wrestling by WWE and most fans tend to buy in to most of WWE's propaganda.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x302/Berkajr/JakeTheSnake_zpsd3b971df.jpg

What a horrible night to have a curse

Currently marking for:
Lesnar, Cesaro, Ambrose, Hogan & The Rock
Berkajr is offline  
post #25 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 AM
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkajr View Post
What do you mean does not handle business properly? Warrior knwo his namevalue, he does not share the socalled passion Ric Flair and others have, Warrior have made tons of moeny, so he does not have to come back to the business and refuse to come back on McMahon's terms. Sometimes it seems to me that everybody thinks cMahon treats hall his wrestlers fairly and dont push htem around. From what Iäve seen in shoot itnerviews with Warrior and read in Lesnars book, they both kind of confirms that Vince lives in his own WWE bubble and do think he can do what ever he wants and that everybody is want the top spot on no matter what. LEsnar, Goldberg and Warrior made shitloads of money and refused to go back on Vince terms, which is what everybody should strive for IMO. Their personal quality in their lives are like 1000 times more important than the person the portray on TV
Who said anything about coming back to the business? That has nothing to do with him failing to handle business properly.

Knowing his name value doesn't make it acceptable for him to hold up Vince for more money minutes before bell time, nor does it make it acceptable for him to rip off a promoter between his second and third WWE run. You taking things completely out of context.

In terms of handling business, Warrior wasn't good at it and has done some questionable things. Has nothing to do with him refusing to come back, but more so what he did within the span of 5 years. Not only was he rather green but he was difficult to work with, unreliable (eventhough he should get a pass, given the circumstances regarding his father) and flat out, did not meet Vince's expectations when he envisioned Warrior becoming face of the company.

Face it, it's a reason Warrior has been let go on 3 different occasions and I'm not placing total blame on him, as I think Vince is so stuck in his ways, it would have to be highly profitable for him to even be on working terms with Warrior, which at this point, I doubt either is interested in. It's simple, Warrior really wants nothing to do with the business, has a good life outside of it and Vince doesn't care either way because Warrior was such a headache to deal with but at the time, it was worth it. It's not worth it any more, for either man.
Elipses Corter is offline  
post #26 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Mike Zybyszko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The school of hard knocks.
Posts: 2,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Ultimate Warrior

Changing his legal name to "Warrior" was not because of being a freekazoid. It was a legal maneuver in a battle with Vince over what could be done with the character name. Hellwig was Dingo Warrior before he came to WWF. Vince tried to play games with that because of "Ultimate Warrior" so he had the name change so he could work elsewhere and still be "The Warrior".

As far as being a prick, surprise... lots of guys were pricks on a level Hellwig couldn't comprehend such as HBK. Vince just holds grudges too long, as well as being petty and vindictive.

"If anyone asks you if you've paid your dues, you tell 'em the check is in the mail."

Not removing until:

[ ] Hulk Hogan vs Hawk Hogan
Mike Zybyszko is offline  
post #27 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Berkajr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
               
Re: Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
Who said anything about coming back to the business? That has nothing to do with him failing to handle business properly.

Knowing his name value doesn't make it acceptable for him to hold up Vince for more money minutes before bell time, nor does it make it acceptable for him to rip off a promoter between his second and third WWE run. You taking things completely out of context.

In terms of handling business, Warrior wasn't good at it and has done some questionable things. Has nothing to do with him refusing to come back, but more so what he did within the span of 5 years. Not only was he rather green but he was difficult to work with, unreliable (eventhough he should get a pass, given the circumstances regarding his father) and flat out, did not meet Vince's expectations when he envisioned Warrior becoming face of the company.

Face it, it's a reason Warrior has been let go on 3 different occasions and I'm not placing total blame on him, as I think Vince is so stuck in his ways, it would have to be highly profitable for him to even be on working terms with Warrior, which at this point, I doubt either is interested in. It's simple, Warrior really wants nothing to do with the business, has a good life outside of it and Vince doesn't care either way because Warrior was such a headache to deal with but at the time, it was worth it. It's not worth it any more, for either man.
But how was he a bad businessman then?

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x302/Berkajr/JakeTheSnake_zpsd3b971df.jpg

What a horrible night to have a curse

Currently marking for:
Lesnar, Cesaro, Ambrose, Hogan & The Rock
Berkajr is offline  
post #28 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 PM
I am vengeance, I am the night, I am Batman
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
                     
Re: Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
You never explained how Bret is a rotten human being.
Well that twat compared Bret's moaning to the Benoit incident, so id take anything he says about him, or anyone for that matter as bollocks

I really cant believe his hate for Bret that he'd say shit like that, its baffling really, and very sad.
Brock is offline  
post #29 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
MusculosoBarbaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Ultimate Warrior

I honestly look to the Ultimate Warrior for inspiration. If you've ever been to his personal website or watched any of his youtube videos, he's a pretty down to earth guy (at least I think so.....i dunno, maybe we're both crazy and see each other in the same light). He's gone around as a motivational speaker and called Hogan out about throwing Savage under the bus during an interview. I dunno...i guess I'm just biased, but I really dig the guy, especially after watching his interactions with fans.

The Internet's Official Celtic Punk Luchador
MusculosoBarbaro is offline  
post #30 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 PM
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkajr View Post
But how was he a bad businessman then?
Well, holding up a promoter for more money, minutes before bell time isn't a good business move. Not to mention, accepting payment from an indy promoter, only to no show the event with no explanation isn't a good business move either.


Personally, Warrior profited from it but all it does is further the perception that he was an egomaniac, regardless of how intelligent and down to earth he is in real life.


But at the same time, all can be overlooked, as Warrior was brought back twice. And IIRC, he held up Vince for more money again at Wrestlemania 12, although not to the extent of Summerslam 1991, as well as making various demands as to how he would be portrayed in his match with HHH.


If those aren't bad business moves, then HBK refusing to job, HHH bitching about jobbing and Austin walking out twice aren't bad business moves, as you can look at them in regards to that particular person protecting their image and recognizing their true worth and potential. Still doesn't make it a good decision and gives the idea that they portray themselves as bigger than the business that created them.
Elipses Corter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome