Boss Man hanging at WM15 - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 02-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #41 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,598
DualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Boss Man hanging at WM15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
I really dont know how to respond to that. First of all you cant compare movies to wrestling, so dont even bother even pretending it is


Shawn collapsing..... I dont think that should have happened. Someone injuring him? Maybe. But him just dropping to the ground? Yeah, I didnt like that. Whenever I see it, it reminds me of what happened to Fabrice Muamba. And the less said about Flair's heart attack the better

the hanging is most problematic because of the imagery. Nobody wants to see that. There is a reason they banned public executions and hangings in England as early as the time of Charles Dickens, and there is a reason they dont show it on TV or that many movies, at least not vividly. Its a dark thing, especially when someone isnt aware its a work

It went nowhere, the crowd hated it, and the company ignored it. The only purpose it served was telling Vince he'd gone too far. Little surprise the following years were all toned back from the craziness of the previous years
Why not? We fans defend wrestling when someone says that it's fake by replying "so are movies and you still watch it" so why not using this argument in this case? This is entertainment after all. You compare public executions to entertainment? dafuq?
Pro wrestling is entertainment consisting of every genre, comedy, action, drama, sex and this storyline involved elements from the horror genre, the build up to this match already revealed it.
One question. If this segment was a scene in a Wes Craven or Tarantino movie would people leave the theatre in disgust? I guess not so why is it different in pro wrestling? Because it looks more real? Excuse me but if this is your argument you are not different than the parents who were upset when Nexus attacked John Cena and destroyed the ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Bronson View Post
I'm 32, and nothing says poor argument like saying I am a kid. Because no grown man would hate Russo right? What a fuckin' joke. Russo was a one trick pony and the company got bigger and bigger after Russo left, proving that they didn't need him.
I know. I'm actually 120 years old and was the tag team partner of Lou Thesz. You don't need to tell me how old you are because you can't prove it anyway. The only thing you proved is that you're actually a spoiled little brat because the first time someone disagrees with you you start with dabya see dabya nonsense and posted the ridiculous smiley.
tbh I don't know if I should reply to a kid like you on the internet because Chris Hansen can knock on my door at any second

Last edited by DualShock : 02-01-2013 at 04:25 PM.
DualShock is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Posts: 15,868
Chismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREWChismo is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Boss Man hanging at WM15

I hated that shit. I don't care about the "impact" it had, it was just poor, IMO. Not to mention Bossman just randomly hanging around backstage on TV two weeks later.
Chismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,596
reDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Boss Man hanging at WM15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
Why not? We fans defend wrestling when someone says that it's fake by replying "so are movies and you still watch it" so why not using this argument in this case? This is entertainment after all. You compare public executions to entertainment? dafuq?
Pro wrestling is entertainment consisting of every genre, comedy, action, drama, sex and this storyline involved elements from the horror genre, the build up to this match already revealed it.
One question. If this segment was a scene in a Wes Craven or Tarantino movie would people leave the theatre in disgust? I guess not so why is it different in pro wrestling? Because it looks more real? Excuse me but if this is your argument you are not different than the parents who were upset when Nexus attacked John Cena and destroyed the ring


I know. I'm actually 120 years old and was the tag team partner of Lou Thesz. You don't need to tell me how old you are because you can't prove it anyway. The only thing you proved is that you're actually a spoiled little brat because the first time someone disagrees with you you start with dabya see dabya nonsense and posted the ridiculous smiley.
tbh I don't know if I should reply to a kid like you on the internet because Chris Hansen can knock on my door at any second
The nexus attack didnt end with the implication that a man had just died in the middle of the ring infront of everyone's eyes
__________________
reDREDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,598
DualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Boss Man hanging at WM15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
The nexus attack didnt end with the implication that a man had just died in the middle of the ring infront of everyone's eyes
But it was the implication that Cena, Punk, Lawler and others were really injured and that Justin Roberts was unconscious at the hands of Daniel Bryan.
A question, when last year Brock Lesnar broke the arm of Triple H have you felt uncomfortable watching a man breaking other mans arm? I guess not because you know it's entertainment. So where is the difference between watching Triple H screaming in pain to sell the angle and Boss Man playing dead to sell this angle?

If you find on the internet a video where a man legit breaks the arm of another man you will look different at it than at the Triple H and Lesnar segment right?
If you also find a video on the internet where a man hangs himself and compare it to the Bossman/Undertaker angle it should be not different than the Hunter/Lesnar comparison right? But yet people have a hard time.
Is it because we still think wrestling is somehow more real than other entertainment shows?
I watched John Travolta shooting a woman in the head in the "from Paris with Love" movie and I watched Undertaker killing someone on a scripted show called sports entertainment. Where is the difference? Both is entertainment with people playing their characters

Last edited by DualShock : 02-01-2013 at 07:00 PM.
DualShock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Waiting for Shinskay vs Okada at the Dome!
Posts: 3,071
bigbuxxx bigbuxxx bigbuxxx bigbuxxx bigbuxxx bigbuxxx bigbuxxx bigbuxxx bigbuxxx bigbuxxx bigbuxxx
Default Re: Boss Man hanging at WM15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Bronson View Post

Taker vs. Shamrock was a great match at Backlash, not sure why they couldn't do a match at WM. It didn't have to end with a hanging, just have a great match.
You mean the one that went on FOREVER and people started chanting boring and you could hear a pin drop when they weren't chanting that for the last few minutes because every part of it sucked? I can't believe that was the match that went on before Rock/Austin rematch. I recently watched the first half of 99s RAWs and PPVs and that was the worst ppv match that they had aside from maybe HHH/Xpac from the same ppv which went nearly 25 minutes. By comparison BBM/Taker at wm was a 5* match.
bigbuxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios