WCW Discussion Thread - Page 15 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #141 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,817
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
You know what's real funny about this video? That 11 years later some fans on the internet jizzed their pants because CM Punk was so cool and edgy when he said stuff like "This is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque", "I'm breaking the 4th wall" or exposing that wrestlingmoves don't hurt by saying "clown shoes I'm so mad that I will not give you an GTS, I will kick your ass" but many fans bash Russo because of stuff like that.
In fact, some fans think what Punk did was so cool that they started calling wrestlers with their real names on wrestlingforums. Phil, Dwayne, Oscar and Paul but boo hoo Goldberg refuses to follow the script, the business is dead

Here is another important moment from this era. Vince Russo cuts Ric Flair's hair. Is that a water bottle at 7:34?
It was a one time thing between Phil & Paul. Done in a era where all of it is known and much more common. Doing it nearly 13 years ago was unheard of. Not to mention the way they played it out was in such a bad fashion. "Refused to follow the script" How does that help your product when you're openly revealing that it's scripted AS AN ANGLE? You can't compare the two. Only you choose to b/c you feel the need to defend Russo at every turn even though a lot of what he has done is over the top. It's been proven Russo can be fine with his "outside of the box" thinking with a filter. Without it he seems to go overboard.

I'll give you this though, you're right when you say that some TNA fans did like the product more with Russo in charge than they did when Hogan stepped in. Of course that's personal preference and could spark a debate (not in here though) about how when Russo was re-hired back in September of 2006, that's when TNA's awesome streak started to dwindle. And it did. In a matter of weeks TNA was already back to being ultra-gimmicky.

For the third time (fuck me people just have fun here) lets get back to the FUN...

Jarrett vs Sting for the WCW World Championship? If I don't get 5 run-ins, I'm going to be in a sour mood.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #142 (permalink)
$4 VIC
 
Redwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cipher Unknown
Posts: 2,927
Redwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missed
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO



KISS Demon vs. The Maestro. Biggest waste of money on a gimmick wrestler ever.
__________________
Redwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #143 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,817
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

lmao @ Torborg before fully going into the Demon gimmick. Looks like the demonic version of Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #144 (permalink)
Kerser is the sickest.
 
EYELRAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 926
EYELRAK needs to take rep more seriousEYELRAK needs to take rep more seriousEYELRAK needs to take rep more seriousEYELRAK needs to take rep more seriousEYELRAK needs to take rep more seriousEYELRAK needs to take rep more serious
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Raven View Post


KISS Demon vs. The Maestro. Biggest waste of money on a gimmick wrestler ever.
That was a trainwreck. Especially having to main event with it.
__________________

Twitter: @charliecosgrove
EYELRAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #145 (permalink)
$4 VIC
 
Redwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cipher Unknown
Posts: 2,927
Redwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missedRedwood probably won't be missed
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Last I've heard of Torborg is that he married Asya. And did an interview with the lead singer of Alter Bridge, that's about it.
__________________
Redwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #146 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait is an after thought
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post
It was a one time thing between Phil & Paul. Done in a era where all of it is known and much more common. Doing it nearly 13 years ago was unheard of. Not to mention the way they played it out was in such a bad fashion. "Refused to follow the script" How does that help your product when you're openly revealing that it's scripted AS AN ANGLE? You can't compare the two. Only you choose to b/c you feel the need to defend Russo at every turn even though a lot of what he has done is over the top. It's been proven Russo can be fine with his "outside of the box" thinking with a filter. Without it he seems to go overboard.

I'll give you this though, you're right when you say that some TNA fans did like the product more with Russo in charge than they did when Hogan stepped in. Of course that's personal preference and could spark a debate (not in here though) about how when Russo was re-hired back in September of 2006, that's when TNA's awesome streak started to dwindle. And it did. In a matter of weeks TNA was already back to being ultra-gimmicky.

For the third time (fuck me people just have fun here) lets get back to the FUN...

Jarrett vs Sting for the WCW World Championship? If I don't get 5 run-ins, I'm going to be in a sour mood.

But he did THE SAME THING in the WWE, for God's sake!

Sorry, but you can't blame Russo for doing new things. And the "Filter" is a myth. It's just something that the WWE like to say.

Russo is Russo, with or without filter. It's the SAME thing.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #147 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait is an after thought
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Double post.

Last edited by Yosihait : 01-22-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:01 AM   #148 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Raw Is Regal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 333
Raw Is Regal should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsRaw Is Regal should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsRaw Is Regal should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post
It was a one time thing between Phil & Paul. Done in a era where all of it is known and much more common. Doing it nearly 13 years ago was unheard of. Not to mention the way they played it out was in such a bad fashion. "Refused to follow the script" How does that help your product when you're openly revealing that it's scripted AS AN ANGLE? You can't compare the two. Only you choose to b/c you feel the need to defend Russo at every turn even though a lot of what he has done is over the top. It's been proven Russo can be fine with his "outside of the box" thinking with a filter. Without it he seems to go overboard.

I'll give you this though, you're right when you say that some TNA fans did like the product more with Russo in charge than they did when Hogan stepped in. Of course that's personal preference and could spark a debate (not in here though) about how when Russo was re-hired back in September of 2006, that's when TNA's awesome streak started to dwindle. And it did. In a matter of weeks TNA was already back to being ultra-gimmicky.

For the third time (fuck me people just have fun here) lets get back to the FUN...

Jarrett vs Sting for the WCW World Championship? If I don't get 5 run-ins, I'm going to be in a sour mood.
Russo never had a filter... McMahon would overlook things and tweak the smallest details to make it that much better but he'd never change anything outside of the box that he was given by Russo 'n Ed.

WCW 2000 was pretty much Attitude 2.0 but with added politics backstage.

Oh, TNA got it's highest ratings with Russo booking. Again, some things were stopped short because too many people had their fingers in the pies... Dixie would pretty much let the soddin' merch guys change stuff in the booking meetings which led to a miss-match of things.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic190119_7.gif
Raw Is Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #149 (permalink)
The Face Of The Company
 
King Kenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,479
King Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whoreKing Kenny is a rep whore
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post
It was a one time thing between Phil & Paul. Done in a era where all of it is known and much more common. Doing it nearly 13 years ago was unheard of. Not to mention the way they played it out was in such a bad fashion. "Refused to follow the script" How does that help your product when you're openly revealing that it's scripted AS AN ANGLE? You can't compare the two. Only you choose to b/c you feel the need to defend Russo at every turn even though a lot of what he has done is over the top. It's been proven Russo can be fine with his "outside of the box" thinking with a filter. Without it he seems to go overboard.

I'll give you this though, you're right when you say that some TNA fans did like the product more with Russo in charge than they did when Hogan stepped in. Of course that's personal preference and could spark a debate (not in here though) about how when Russo was re-hired back in September of 2006, that's when TNA's awesome streak started to dwindle. And it did. In a matter of weeks TNA was already back to being ultra-gimmicky.

For the third time (fuck me people just have fun here) lets get back to the FUN...

Jarrett vs Sting for the WCW World Championship? If I don't get 5 run-ins, I'm going to be in a sour mood.
Will watch that match later
__________________

King Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:35 AM   #150 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,817
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosihait View Post
But he did THE SAME THING in the WWE, for God's sake!

Sorry, but you can't blame Russo for doing new things. And the "Filter" is a myth. It's just something that the WWE like to say.

Russo is Russo, with or without filter. It's the SAME thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Is Regal View Post
Russo never had a filter... McMahon would overlook things and tweak the smallest details to make it that much better but he'd never change anything outside of the box that he was given by Russo 'n Ed.

WCW 2000 was pretty much Attitude 2.0 but with added politics backstage.

Oh, TNA got it's highest ratings with Russo booking. Again, some things were stopped short because too many people had their fingers in the pies... Dixie would pretty much let the soddin' merch guys change stuff in the booking meetings which led to a miss-match of things.
It's funny when the same statements get thrown over and over again. It's been brought up and said already in this thread. We all know Russo pumped out wacky things during the attitude era too. Only difference is those worked at the time.

Russo fans debunk the filter myth. Then when it comes to Russo without McMahon behind him - success didn't come through. Hearsay is one thing, but fact is another.

Don't care about ratings. Never have, never will. TNA's product declined when Russo was put back in charge. Now I'm not blaming him 100% for it. Only, that's just the way it went.

Fuck me, Russo marks. Stop ruining this thread already. Nobody cares. He has a stigma. So what. Now lets finally recede from the nonsense and get back to what made this thread kicking for about 10+ pages before this stuff. The hilarious and awesome moments of latter WCW.
__________________
Femme Fatale - Angel in your temple of pleasure.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios