WCW Discussion Thread - Page 14 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 653 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Oh it's top notch.

Biggest surprise of the year.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #132 of 653 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Raw Is Regal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Most of you don't seem to realize the politics 'n that Russo had to put up with in WCW.. which is why most of the time things didn't make sense because certain people would switch gears before matches etc...

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic190119_7.gif
Raw Is Regal is offline  
post #133 of 653 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post


You know what's real funny about this video? That 11 years later some fans on the internet jizzed their pants because CM Punk was so cool and edgy when he said stuff like "This is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque", "I'm breaking the 4th wall" or exposing that wrestlingmoves don't hurt by saying "clown shoes I'm so mad that I will not give you an GTS, I will kick your ass" but many fans bash Russo because of stuff like that.
In fact, some fans think what Punk did was so cool that they started calling wrestlers with their real names on wrestlingforums. Phil, Dwayne, Oscar and Paul but boo hoo Goldberg refuses to follow the script, the business is dead

Here is another important moment from this era. Vince Russo cuts Ric Flair's hair. Is that a water bottle at 7:34?

DualShock is offline  
post #134 of 653 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Woodsboro High
Posts: 2,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

The storyline with CM Punk and Triple H was a one off. Apart from that feud and the famous shoot it's been business as usual. Plus it was very tame stuff - easy enough to follow - and the world has changed. There wasn't Twitter or Facebook 13 years ago and intenet useage has nearly doubled. I remember Eddie Guerero tamely 'breaking the script' in 1998 (same episode Warrior made his debut). Very few in the arena seemed to get it.

Due to Russo being entwined it what seemed like every storyline, it seemed to be every week. Blatant and what would be confusing for the time:

"You don't know the script"
"You don't know the storyline"
"Goldberg believes that this world was real, he could take everyone"
JigsawKrueger is offline  
post #135 of 653 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigsawKrueger View Post
The storyline with CM Punk and Triple H was a one off. Apart from that feud and the famous shoot it's been business as usual. Plus it was very tame stuff - easy enough to follow - and the world has changed. There wasn't Twitter or Facebook 13 years ago and intenet useage has nearly doubled. I remember Eddie Guerero tamely 'breaking the script' in 1998 (same episode Warrior made his debut). Very few in the arena seemed to get it.

Due to Russo being entwined it what seemed like every storyline, it seemed to be every week. Blatant and what would be confusing for the time:

"You don't know the script"
"You don't know the storyline"
"Goldberg believes that this world was real, he could take everyone"
Undertaker also "Broke the script" at 1999...

Vince said that MARK started believing that he is his CHARACTER...

Same Russo.
Yosihait is offline  
post #136 of 653 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
markdeez33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

This is another excellent Russo thread! I love it
markdeez33 is offline  
post #137 of 653 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
cablegeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Looking back, how disrespectful of Bischoff to call in to Nitro to make his big announcement on Nitro (which some, at the time thought was all a work). He can't get out of the contract negotiations for a few hours and fly to Kentucky or wherever to thank the company, the tv-show and the fans that paid for everything in his life? His houses, kids college education, wife's jewelry!

WRESTLEMANIA X7 - EVOLUTION 2004 - EXTREME RULES 2011
cablegeddon is offline  
post #138 of 653 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
$4 VIC
 
Christmas on Redwood Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cipher Unknown
Posts: 2,943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

at the Russo marks ITT.



Edit: Vampiro makes a special appearance in this match.


Last edited by Christmas on Redwood Lane; 01-21-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Christmas on Redwood Lane is offline  
post #139 of 653 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
MTheBehemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                 
re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Is Regal View Post
Most of you don't seem to realize the politics 'n that Russo had to put up with in WCW.. which is why most of the time things didn't make sense because certain people would switch gears before matches etc...
The "funny" thing is - TNA turned into 100% garbage almost right after he joined them. And became watchable RIGHT after he left. Seriously.
Politics are politics and every booker books some stupid shit from time to time, but you can still easily smell Russo's shit during his clusterfuck non-wrestling shows - short as hell matches, no one looks strong/good, titles getting shit on, 100 boys being used and no one is getting over, etc, etc,etc.


Last edited by MTheBehemoth; 01-21-2013 at 05:53 PM.
MTheBehemoth is offline  
post #140 of 653 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTheBehemoth View Post
The "funny" thing is - TNA turned into 100% garbage almost right after he joined them. And became watchable RIGHT after he left. Seriously.
Politics are politics and every booker books some stupid shit from time to time, but you can still easily smell Russo's shit during his clusterfuck non-wrestling shows - short as hell matches, no one looks strong/good, titles getting shit on, 100 boys being used and no one is getting over, etc, etc,etc.
The "funny" thing is you act like opinions are facts. Can you prove it with anything, I mean with statistics, PPV buys, ratings that it has become better?
You're not a fan of his writing and you think the TNA after Russo is better but that is not fact, only your opinion. There are plenty fans who liked more TNA before the Hogan/Prichard era
DualShock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome