WCW Discussion Thread - Page 11 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #101 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Marv95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,066
Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

LOL some of these vids aren't even from the time Russo was in charge. He got fired in January 2000 and came back in April. He wasn't around from late 2000 into 2001.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazegod99 View Post
You fucking politically correct morons are quick to defend WWE for every pussy ass decision they make, but complain about the show lacking attitude and intensity... SMH.
Right on!
Marv95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #102 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
JoseDRiveraTCR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,480
JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
I like Bryan but the book was extremely biased. Above and beyond the point where you can still ignore it while reading the entire book. It was like Bryan fucking hated the company. Obviously the book is the "death of" but they could have used a clever way to go around the positives than completely ignore it or to try to find the smallest detail in a contract for example and make it a huge story. The lack of details for the HUGE success that Rodman and Malone were on PPV in 98 and then a 3-4 pages story on how much money WCW spent on Rodman in 99 when he never moved business and was difficult to work with was a good way to summarize the entire point of the book. Hope that the new edition would be much better.
When was the last time you read the book? I read it around 6-8 weeks ago and I remember them praising WCW for being innovative. If you feel the book was too negative, well, the book was about the "death" of WCW, aka how it went downhill. If you still feel the book was inadaquate, well, Bryan did say he wrote the book in 6 weeks.

As for your Rodman example, I don't know how successful he was on PPV, but I would imagine that if WCW was spending more money than the PPVs were bringing in then they would still be losing a profit no matter how successful the PPVs were. Like I said, I don't know too much about the business side of WCW, so I think it would be best if you email Alvarez about this. Like I said, he and Reynolds are going to be addressing criticism in the next edition, so maybe your criticism will end up in there.
__________________
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #103 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,009
kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
And you sir are a hypocrite or have a selective memory. Name me one segment from the AE when Russo was headwriter that looks different or more classy than Russo's WCW and TNA storylines.
You've mentioned loads yourself.

The Kane vs Taker feud in comparison to Sting and Vampiro.

I was a huge WCW fan and loved Sting but that feud was, at best, an aids induced fuckfest.

Remember the Goldberg feud with Steiner which was centred around Goldberg breaking script? The fuck was that all about?
kopitelewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #104 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait 50 - 100
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopitelewis View Post
You've mentioned loads yourself.

The Kane vs Taker feud in comparison to Sting and Vampiro.

I was a huge WCW fan and loved Sting but that feud was, at best, an aids induced fuckfest.

Remember the Goldberg feud with Steiner which was centred around Goldberg breaking script? The fuck was that all about?
Russo was very ahead of his time. Today, if a wrestler would "Break script" then everyone will praise it (Ex: Punk).

And by the way, it happened on WWF as well... Vince blamed the Undertaker for "Thinking he's the character" (He admits it's a character? Oh, dear!). Mick Foley also broke characters- He portrays gimmicks!

How about that time where DX showed that Curtain Call at MSG? This was about not following the script.

Or the Brawl for All (Not Russo's idea, but still)?
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #105 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,009
kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosihait View Post
Russo was very ahead of his time. Today, if a wrestler would "Break script" then everyone will praise it (Ex: Punk).

And by the way, it happened on WWF as well... Vince blamed the Undertaker for "Thinking he's the character" (He admits it's a character? Oh, dear!). Mick Foley also broke characters- He portrays gimmicks!

How about that time where DX showed that Curtain Call at MSG? This was about not following the script.

Or the Brawl for All (Not Russo's idea, but still)?
There's a difference between breaking the script, and doing it well.

Would it be the same if Ziggler did that shoot instead of Punk in 2011? No.

The Curtain Call incident was the wrestlers breaking script and had nothing to do with booking and Triple H was punished for it. That is totally different to Russo instructing people to break the script.

Also, wasn't it Russo's idea for Sid to do a top rope move, resulting in him breaking his leg?
kopitelewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #106 (permalink)
Taking orders from THE MACHINE
 
#ROOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 19,396
#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore#ROOT is a rep whore
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

I think it was BIG JOHNNY who told Sid to do the top rope move.
#ROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #107 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait 50 - 100
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopitelewis View Post
There's a difference between breaking the script, and doing it well.

Would it be the same if Ziggler did that shoot instead of Punk in 2011? No.

The Curtain Call incident was the wrestlers breaking script and had nothing to do with booking and Triple H was punished for it. That is totally different to Russo instructing people to break the script.

Also, wasn't it Russo's idea for Sid to do a top rope move, resulting in him breaking his leg?
See? That's why you are wrong. You don't get your facts straight.

It WASN'T Russo's idea to have Sid jumping... First off- He's not an agent, he's a writer. And second- He left WCW at October 2000, and Sid broke his leg on January 2001.


About the Curtain Call- During late 1997, DX showed the curtain call. So they showed themself breaking the script in public.

Would Ziggler break the script better then Punk? No. But a lot of people want to see the wrestlers being involved in a "Shoot" storylines.

And, as I said, Russo did the same thing at WWF. So yeah.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #108 (permalink)
#EMMAlution
 
The Corre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,466
The Corre 1001 - 1500The Corre 1001 - 1500The Corre 1001 - 1500The Corre 1001 - 1500The Corre 1001 - 1500The Corre 1001 - 1500The Corre 1001 - 1500The Corre 1001 - 1500The Corre 1001 - 1500The Corre 1001 - 1500
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

""The 12/18 Nitro was supposed to practically be built around Rick Steiner as the surprise guy, but he wasn't there because they forgot to tell him" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 01, 2001."

OMG haha, only in WCW do they build a show around someone they haven't clued in!
__________________

Sig. made by fiddlecastro
The Corre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #109 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait 50 - 100
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corre View Post
""The 12/18 Nitro was supposed to practically be built around Rick Steiner as the surprise guy, but he wasn't there because they forgot to tell him" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 01, 2001."

OMG haha, only in WCW do they build a show around someone they haven't clued in!
Which shows that WCW was a mess with or without Russo.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #110 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,009
kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500kopitelewis 251 - 500
Default re: WCW Discussion Thread because people get asshurt about JUST RUSSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosihait View Post
See? That's why you are wrong. You don't get your facts straight.

It WASN'T Russo's idea to have Sid jumping... First off- He's not an agent, he's a writer. And second- He left WCW at October 2000, and Sid broke his leg on January 2001.



About the Curtain Call- During late 1997, DX showed the curtain call. So they showed themself breaking the script in public.

Would Ziggler break the script better then Punk? No. But a lot of people want to see the wrestlers being involved in a "Shoot" storylines.

And, as I said, Russo did the same thing at WWF. So yeah.
That was me asking a question, hence why I said was it, rather than straight up accuse him.

Second bolded part, in your opinion of course. I don't want to see that because it creates the environment that lead to the demise of WCW, under Russo.

I remember reading that Bagwell did a worked shoot on Steiner but nobody told Scott so during their match he kicks the fuck out of Bagwell, repeatedly kicking him in the balls.
kopitelewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios