1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #81 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,463
Elipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth reading
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.W.H. View Post
Sounds like a lame excuse to me. He got booed at WM when he beat HBK, who was more popular than he was by then. He was over but he still lost money. And 1994 was a better year I'm sure.
Far from an excuse.


And Nash did not lose money.

From 1994-1995, WWE lost over 4 million. From 1995-1996, they profited over 3 million.

http://www.gerweck.net/information/w...iness-history/

Start doing research, first.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 AM   #82 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 616
therock11 therock11 therock11 therock11 therock11
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
How about making a rant on it because I'm quite not sure not 1 of my posts are half as stupid as yours.





You son redrepped me with a message "the Rock is gay" when i was new here! how stupid is that! if you dont like the Rock i have no problem with that.You can love or hate whoever you want but expressing your hate like a 10 year old to a random Rock fan shows how stupid you really are.

Last edited by therock11 : 01-15-2013 at 01:46 AM.
therock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #83 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,463
Elipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth reading
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Stay on topic.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #84 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
Far from an excuse.


And Nash did not lose money.

From 1994-1995, WWE lost over 4 million. From 1995-1996, they profited over 3 million.

http://www.gerweck.net/information/w...iness-history/

Start doing research, first.
The question is, does the physical year starts in January?

I think it lasts from August till August, therefore most of the money that was lost was during Nash's year.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #85 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,463
Elipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth reading
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosihait View Post
The question is, does the physical year starts in January?

I think it lasts from August till August, therefore most of the money that was lost was during Nash's year.
Not sure, but I see an article from 2007 that then WWE CFO Mike Sileck expanded the fiscal year, at the time beginning in April, to a calendar year.


And an article here http://sec.edgar-online.com/world-wr...section30.aspx contains information as far back as 1997 that also says the fiscal year for WWE ends in April.


Just an excerpt:

Quote:
During fiscal 1995, the Company entered into a Note and Security Agreement with Charter Financial, Inc. under which the Company borrowed $713 at a fixed interest rate of 10.5%. The borrowing is collateralized by certain equipment. Principal and interest are to be paid in 60 monthly installments of approximately $15, which commenced on April 1, 1995.





EDIT: And in regards to the profit of that term, I never said Diesel made the profit, as there is no way to factually say he was responsible for it. I simply posted all of this because it had been said Diesel lost the company money and from everything I see (fiscal year starting in April), that would mean the first 5 months of his reign, WWE was losing money. Also means that for 7 other months, WWE was possibly making money while he was champion.


And regarding K.W.H., you claim that even if they did make a profit, it wasn't because of Diesel, how is it that if they lost money, it was because of Diesel? Doesn't make sense. You can't blame him for the bad (that wasn't solely because of him) but discredit him for the good (that wasn't solely because of him). And don't get it twisted, I'm not saying he was a good champion or anything like that. You originally said he cost the company money, which I don't see how you can say, especially when you just told me that if it was a profit, it wasn't because of him.

Thats why the ENTIRE roster is held responsible. It's a group effort. One guy can't increase revenue for the entire promotion when everything else is horrible and one guy isn't to blame if they are financially in the negative.

Not to mention, fiscal year of 02-03, WWE lost nearly 20 million dollars. But, it has nothing to do with the actual product that was the cause of that. The wrestling aspect profited over 16 million but the XFL and their restaurant closing saw losses of over 35 million. Losses in the fiscal year of 94-95 were likely only present due to the steroid trial during that period, which cost WWE nearly 5 million.

Mix that 5 million with Diesel supposedly "losing them money" and that loss should have been a lot higher than 5 million.

Last edited by Elipses Corter : 01-15-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #86 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
dougfisher_05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,845
dougfisher_05 needs to take rep more seriousdougfisher_05 needs to take rep more seriousdougfisher_05 needs to take rep more seriousdougfisher_05 needs to take rep more seriousdougfisher_05 needs to take rep more seriousdougfisher_05 needs to take rep more seriousdougfisher_05 needs to take rep more seriousdougfisher_05 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejc8710 View Post
I'm sorry but I would choose 1995 over WWE 2010 2011 and 2012 any day.
Either you never watched the WWF in 1995, or you are simply remembering something that never happened. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is worse than the World Wrestling Federation in 1995. In fact, the WWE today should make t-shirts for all us who survived through that terrible, terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE year of wrestling. It was bad. Today's product is leaps and bounds better than anything from 1995. I bet even the house shows are more exciting.

__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic200643_2.gif
"Captain Workrate!"
dougfisher_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #87 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
Thats why the ENTIRE roster is held responsible. It's a group effort. One guy can't increase revenue for the entire promotion when everything else is horrible and one guy isn't to blame if they are financially in the negative.
This term "Draw" is so old...

Since the modern era has started, the product draws and not the champion.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #88 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
cablegeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,488
cablegeddon should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscablegeddon should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscablegeddon should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscablegeddon should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Royal Rumble was the only major WWF-PPV in 1995 that did better than the previous year's PPVs. All the other major PPVs were down from 94.

If we are talking quality of the procuct you're saying WWF in your house 1 - 5 sucked?
__________________
WRESTLEMANIA X7 - EVOLUTION 2004 - EXTREME RULES 2011
cablegeddon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #89 (permalink)
My Name Is God (I Hate You)
 
Honey Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tits
Posts: 6,908
Honey Bucket is making a name for themselvesHoney Bucket is making a name for themselvesHoney Bucket is making a name for themselvesHoney Bucket is making a name for themselvesHoney Bucket is making a name for themselvesHoney Bucket is making a name for themselvesHoney Bucket is making a name for themselvesHoney Bucket is making a name for themselvesHoney Bucket is making a name for themselvesHoney Bucket is making a name for themselvesHoney Bucket is making a name for themselves
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

1995 WWF was pretty bad. It was so bad that even as a twelve year old kid, I thought it was ridiculous. I loved 1994 but as soon as 1995 came around, for some reason I just lost interest completely and stopped watching altogether until early 1996. The Undertaker was booked in awful feuds, Bret Hart was involved in numerous mid card feuds that didn't amount to anything (Lawler, Hakushi, Jean Pierre Lafitte, Isaac Yankem), there were too many jobbers with stupid gimmicks and the main event matches just sucked. Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow headlining a Wrestlemania? Diesel vs. Mabel headlining Summerslam? Get the fuck out.

Another reason why 1995 WWF may be looked down upon so badly is because that by the time 1996 came around, things improved in leaps and bounds. Most of the dead wood was let go; Vader, Mankind and Marc Mero debuted; Jake Roberts and The Ultimate Warrior were back; Goldust and Ahmed Johnson were getting bigger, and a certain chap by the name of Stone Cold Steve Austin was setting the seeds for his character.
__________________
sigs aer for gheys
Honey Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #90 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
ShiftyLWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,465
ShiftyLWO ShiftyLWO ShiftyLWO ShiftyLWO ShiftyLWO ShiftyLWO ShiftyLWO ShiftyLWO
Default Re: 1995: The year in prowrestling that sucked tremendously

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougfisher_05 View Post
Either you never watched the WWF in 1995, or you are simply remembering something that never happened. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is worse than the World Wrestling Federation in 1995. In fact, the WWE today should make t-shirts for all us who survived through that terrible, terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE year of wrestling. It was bad. Today's product is leaps and bounds better than anything from 1995. I bet even the house shows are more exciting.

you probably started watching wwe in 05'. thank you for your irrelevant opinion.
__________________
"I'll tell ya what.. if you're not Bozo the Clown, you're his twin brother."
-Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

ShiftyLWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios