Rick Rude - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,570
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Rick Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkajr View Post
When IMO wrestling was huge, in 1989-1990, aside from Andre, Savage and DiBiase, to me Rude was the only legitimate threat to the top faces (Hogan and Warrior), that includes, Perfect, Bossman,
Rude's WCW work is easily better than his WWF work as a whole. I'm not saying his WWF stuff was bad(the carry job of Warrior has only been equaled by Savage), but he was the ace of WCW in 92 and imo 92is the best in ring year in WCW history.
jcmmnx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Two in the back of the head. Quick and painless.
 
KoЯn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,635
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Rick Rude

Rude was better in WCW due to having more freedom and getting more opportunities there. He never really got the push he deserved in WWF, and with it being Hogan's house, nobody could ever really move up until he left.
KoЯn is offline  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Honor Lives
 
ROHRandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Rick Rude

Rude was a legend, no doubt! One of the greatest IMO!

Thanks to The Fourth Wall
ROHRandy is offline  
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 06:02 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Berkajr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Rick Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmmnx View Post
Rude's WCW work is easily better than his WWF work as a whole. I'm not saying his WWF stuff was bad(the carry job of Warrior has only been equaled by Savage), but he was the ace of WCW in 92 and imo 92is the best in ring year in WCW history.

I never said his WWF work was better than his WCW work, but I am not too familiar with that work. Only thing I remeber was thinking when I saw him in WCW back in 1992 was that here we have a guy who pinned Warrior in his prime. He is going to dominate WCW, no one was going to have a chance at beating him (I was such a mark at the time LOL)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x302/Berkajr/JakeTheSnake_zpsd3b971df.jpg

What a horrible night to have a curse

Currently marking for:
Lesnar, Cesaro, Ambrose, Hogan & The Rock
Berkajr is offline  
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,570
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Rick Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkajr View Post
I never said his WWF work was better than his WCW work, but I am not too familiar with that work. Only thing I remeber was thinking when I saw him in WCW back in 1992 was that here we have a guy who pinned Warrior in his prime. He is going to dominate WCW, no one was going to have a chance at beating him (I was such a mark at the time LOL)
He was booked very well in WCW. His iron man match with Steamboat is one of my favorite matches of all time just masterful selling and psychology in that match. War Games 92 may be the best WCW match ever well worth looking up if you haven't seen it.
jcmmnx is offline  
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Rick Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmmnx View Post
He was booked very well in WCW. His iron man match with Steamboat is one of my favorite matches of all time just masterful selling and psychology in that match. War Games 92 may be the best WCW match ever well worth looking up if you haven't seen it.
I am going to find that match. never seen it.
Dusty Roids is offline  
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Smif-N-Wessun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 36 Chambers
Posts: 1,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Rick Rude

The fact that Rick Rude never got the big one has always been a mystery to me. He was booked as a real threat, was great on the mic, put on great matches, and (to my knowledge) didn't have the kind of problems that held back guys like Jake Roberts or Razor Ramon. I dunno, there was no reason for him not to have won the WWF title at least once, imo.


^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline  
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Jendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Rick Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmmnx View Post
He was booked very well in WCW. His iron man match with Steamboat is one of my favorite matches of all time just masterful selling and psychology in that match. War Games 92 may be the best WCW match ever well worth looking up if you haven't seen it.
Where can I find this match? I'll keep looking in the meantime!

Everybody has a price for the Million Dollar Man!
Jendo is offline  
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,570
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Rick Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jendo View Post
Where can I find this match? I'll keep looking in the meantime!
The ironman match can be found by doing a search for wcw beach blast 1992. I can't find the War Games match with the commetary in English.
jcmmnx is offline  
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
The Gorgeous One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 643
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Rick Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
The fact that Rick Rude never got the big one has always been a mystery to me. He was booked as a real threat, was great on the mic, put on great matches, and (to my knowledge) didn't have the kind of problems that held back guys like Jake Roberts or Razor Ramon. I dunno, there was no reason for him not to have won the WWF title at least once, imo.
Some guys need the title to really establish them or if they are going to be the face of the company, but in the past most guys would get over without the title. Look at Piper, Roberts, Rude, Perfect, etc.
The Gorgeous One is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome