Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 12-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,339
Elipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth reading
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin316 G.O.A.T View Post
Fifty years from now,people will remember Leo Messi more than Iniesta even if he scored in the WC final and leading Spain to a victory
Answer this:


Do you consider Tommy Rich or Austin Idol legends?
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
septurum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 5,475
septurum needs to make some friendssepturum needs to make some friendssepturum needs to make some friendssepturum needs to make some friendssepturum needs to make some friendssepturum needs to make some friendssepturum needs to make some friendssepturum needs to make some friendssepturum needs to make some friends
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

OP is listing a bunch of mid carders and calling them legends. Ric Flair is a legend. Jumbo Tsuruta is a legend. Phil Hickerson is not.
__________________


He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves. One for his enemy and one for himself.
septurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
Austin GOAT

What does that have to do with this conversation?

50 years from now, I won't remember Leo Messi for shit because I don't know who the hell he is.

We're talking about wrestling, forgotten legends in wrestling and because you didn't start watching until 1998, you have this weird way of thinking that guys are only legends if they worked Wrestlemania or drew massive ratings. Ever cross your mind that wrestling wasn't always a global attraction and many memorable moments took place in these territories that Vince has since bought all rights to, which likely eliminates the chance of younger fans to ever witness it?

Besides, you can't say 50 years from now who people will remember. Can't even say what you'll remember.





Can't be a legend if you're forgotten? What the hell kind of thinking is that?
50 years from now,Cena would be remembered more than Orton or Punk.

Ditto with Flair over someone like Austin Idol


According to IWC logic,every Midcarder in the past was a legend.
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
777
Walking Disaster
 
777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cave of the Great Spirit
Posts: 7,199
777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading777 has posts worth reading
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

Arguable depending on the POV. Sweet Daddy Siki is for sure a legend who provided inspiration for the likes of Superstar Billy Graham and broke colour barriers as a black man being well received by fans and working ME slots.
__________________

I love professional-wrestling.

"One thing I found out through my experiences in life is that if I don't like something, usually it's me who has to change." - Eddie Guerrero
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
Answer this:


Do you consider Tommy Rich or Austin Idol legends?
Yes.But not on the same league as Hogan or Flair,even though he was super entertaining
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,339
Elipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth reading
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin316 G.O.A.T View Post
Yes.But not on the same league as Hogan or Flair,even though he was super entertaining
But, who is putting him in the same league as Hogan or Flair?


And who are you referring to when you say "he"? Tell me a little about Austin Idol or Tommy Rich. Because for somebody who only started watching in 1998, I'm sure you've never seen either man work.


You know what, don't tell me. I'm done with this thread and don't plan on posting in it anymore. Always takes somebody like you to come in a classic thread and have to make comparisons to somebody like Hogan or Flair, eventhough you posted before that the first time you saw Flair was in 2002.

I quit. Y'all can have this thread. As bad as I want to discuss classic wrestling, I refuse to discuss it with people who constantly have to use Hogan or Flair as measuring sticks, like they are the only classic legends out there.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,833
austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandre Cole View Post
But, who is putting him in the same league as Hogan or Flair?


And who are you referring to when you say "he"? Tell me a little about Austin Idol or Tommy Rich. Because for somebody who only started watching in 1998, I'm sure you've never seen either man work.


You know what, don't tell me. I'm done with this thread and don't plan on posting in it anymore. Always takes somebody like you to come in a classic thread and have to make comparisons to somebody like Hogan or Flair, eventhough you posted before that the first time you saw Flair was in 2002.

I quit. Y'all can have this thread. As bad as I want to discuss classic wrestling, I refuse to discuss it with people who constantly have to use Hogan or Flair as measuring sticks, like they are the only classic legends out there.
Because Hogan and Flair are classic legends.Not every guy that competed in 60's and 70's is a LEGEND

The first time I saw Flair was in 2001-2002 when he came to WWE.What's wrong in it?Do you really expect me(12 yrs that time) to know he is a legend?

Last edited by austin316 G.O.A.T : 12-02-2012 at 02:51 AM.
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,339
Elipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth readingElipses Corter has posts worth reading
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

But who say every guy who competed in the 60s and 70s is a legend?

The fact that you only became familiar with Flair in 01-02 leads me to believe you know nothing about wrestling before 1998. And it has nothing to do with age. I don't know, I figure the internet, Youtube and torrents is the perfect way to find out about a particular wrestler and what he was like. And by 2001, Flair had become a mockery of what he originally was. He pissed on his legacy because he needed the money.

The fact is, and you did this in the Peter Maivia thread, your knowledge of certain guys is limited to whatever WWE says. Nobody is saying every guy in the 60s or 70s is a legend but I'd bet my left nut that you know nothing about the guys me, 777 or the OP are even naming. Because if you did, you would realize that they were not mid card talents, but accomplished wrestlers back in a time where professional wrestling wasn't limited to 3 companies. We're talking guys from the territorial days and unless you experienced it, you can't say whether they are legends or not just because you've heard of them. Not to mention, many of them passed away before you even know what wrestling was.
Elipses Corter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
The Gorgeous One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 644
The Gorgeous One needs to take rep more seriousThe Gorgeous One needs to take rep more seriousThe Gorgeous One needs to take rep more seriousThe Gorgeous One needs to take rep more seriousThe Gorgeous One needs to take rep more seriousThe Gorgeous One needs to take rep more seriousThe Gorgeous One needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

Frank Gotch, Ed Lewis, Toots Mondt, Argentina Rocca, countless other legends.
The Gorgeous One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....
 
Greenlawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The South
Posts: 2,227
Greenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Who are some legends that have been beyond forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by septurum View Post
OP is listing a bunch of mid carders and calling them legends. Ric Flair is a legend. Jumbo Tsuruta is a legend. Phil Hickerson is not.
You just proved my point. You have no clue who some of these guys are? I can assure you as someone who actually watched Hickerson he is a legend and wrestled more main events than 90% of guys in the history of the business .

No offense but this is the kind of attitude that drives longtime fans insane.

Last edited by Greenlawler : 12-02-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Greenlawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios