Analyze This: Hardcore Respect - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCMXCII
 
A$AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,243
A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500
Default Re: Analyze This: Hardcore Respect

Wrestling blended with the right amount of hardcore is very entertaining. It's when it gets senseless that it annoys the shit out of me.

If you have a storyline progressing and the feud is booked so well that the audience believes that the guys need to take it to that hardcore place then it's perfect.

It's the indy morons that don't understand that. 25 minute "matches" with them repeatedly hitting/cutting/damaging eachothers bodies for no fucking reason.
__________________


A$AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....
 
Greenlawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The South
Posts: 2,047
Greenlawler 1501 - 2000Greenlawler 1501 - 2000Greenlawler 1501 - 2000Greenlawler 1501 - 2000Greenlawler 1501 - 2000Greenlawler 1501 - 2000Greenlawler 1501 - 2000Greenlawler 1501 - 2000Greenlawler 1501 - 2000Greenlawler 1501 - 2000Greenlawler 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Analyze This: Hardcore Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP View Post
Wrestling blended with the right amount of hardcore is very entertaining. It's when it gets senseless that it annoys the shit out of me.

If you have a storyline progressing and the feud is booked so well that the audience believes that the guys need to take it to that hardcore place then it's perfect.

It's the indy morons that don't understand that. 25 minute "matches" with them repeatedly hitting/cutting/damaging eachothers bodies for no fucking reason.
Great post, i think hardcore only works when it makes sense. It just seems like meaningless violence when two guys do hardcore with no program leading up to it.

Go watch a horror movie....

ECW did a lot of bad IMO but at least their hardcore was helped by story and reasoning for the violence.

Even in the punch and kick heavy 60's guyswould have to start having a beef before they started with the punching. As scripted and entertainment orientedthe sport is, it is still wrestling , not professional bloodfighting.

Last edited by Greenlawler : 11-30-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Greenlawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dyl
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Dyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,650
Dyl 1001 - 1500Dyl 1001 - 1500Dyl 1001 - 1500Dyl 1001 - 1500Dyl 1001 - 1500Dyl 1001 - 1500Dyl 1001 - 1500Dyl 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Analyze This: Hardcore Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
Great post, i think hardcore only works when it makes sense. It just seems like meaningless violence when two guys do hardcore with no program leading up to it.

Go watch a horror movie....

ECW did a lot of bad IMO but at least their hardcore was helped by story and reasoning for the violence.

Even in the punch and kick heavy 60's guyswould have to start having a beef before they started with the punching. As scripted and entertainment orientedthe sport is, it is still wrestling , not professional bloodfighting.
This is the key. 'Hardcore' matches with extreme violence, weapon use and bloodletting has it's place in the business, and is entertaining, but it has to have a story behind it to justify it.

Look at how pathetic HiaC matches have become. A match of that calibur NEEDS to have a level of violence and animosity between the wrestlers to be convincing. Without the 'hardcore' element, the power of the match is completely dispelled.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
theidealstranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,377
theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000
Default Re: Analyze This: Hardcore Respect

Probably the reason why Hardcore is no longer respected is because the storylines and rivalries have gone out of the picture and there are only chairs, tables, ladders, nailstacks and what not being used around without any reason.

Ideally, the hardcore match should come in a situation where the rivalry is peaking and the fans believe that the two guys want to kill each other in kayfabe and inflict the kind of pain involved in a hardcore match.
__________________
Don't fear the axe, fear the man holding it!

Spoiler for TIMBER!:
theidealstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCMXCII
 
A$AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,243
A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500A$AP 16001 - 16500
Default Re: Analyze This: Hardcore Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
This is the key. 'Hardcore' matches with extreme violence, weapon use and bloodletting has it's place in the business, and is entertaining, but it has to have a story behind it to justify it.

Look at how pathetic HiaC matches have become. A match of that calibur NEEDS to have a level of violence and animosity between the wrestlers to be convincing. Without the 'hardcore' element, the power of the match is completely dispelled.
And they wonder why the buyrates dwindle. It's all the shit you see on a regular Raw match with a metal cage around it. There is no difference anymore. The cell in itself has been completely useless until recently when they actually climbed to the top.

You can't revolve a whole PPV around HIAC match if it's not even an authentic HIAC match.
__________________


A$AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios