The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
robertdeniro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era

1-Austin
2-Rock
3-McMahon
4-Taker/Mankind
5-HHH.



J.R:"Everybody claims to be an icon and claims to be something special,and maybe they were in their day
None will Ever surpass the Undertaker in my view"
Kurt Angle:"He is our leader, and I consider Undertaker the best ever"
Shawn Michaels:"Wrestling against Undertaker was the best professional experience of my life."
Triple H:"He is The Greatest Legend in the history of this business"
Michael Cole:"The biggest Smackdown and WWE superstar of all time,the legendary Undertaker".
Mark Henry:"it's hard not to put The Undertaker in the same breath as Hogan and Rock because not only has he served more years as them, but collectively, I'm sure he's sold out and made more money than all of them."

Last edited by robertdeniro; 11-18-2012 at 10:10 PM.
robertdeniro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era

Great list. The talent they had in that time period is really unbelievable. Russo doesn't get enough credit for what he did, he had a big part to play in nearly all of those characters.

Angle should be top 10 though btw.

U WOT M8??
kennedy=god is offline  
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Disciple514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the planet of Thundera reading the Book of Omen
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era

This list just goes to show you how deep the roster was and how OVER they were. Where is Rikishi, Too Cool, Godfather, Sable, Trish Stratus. The Women division had such great emphasis on it. I truly miss the era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker T
"With limited ability and skills, John Cena has been able to hold onto the WWE title for quite some time"
Disciple514 is offline  
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
WWE counted and presented the Attitude Era, its logos and product from mid 1997 to April 2002. That was the official start and end if you want something like that. After the Draft they changed the logos, the sets, the rosters, the atmosphere, the TV concept and a few months later, the Top guy Rock passed the torch to the Top guy of the new era Lesnar. Along with that, Rock and Austin finished their full time run around that time. IMO, the official end of an era was the Rock/Austin moment in the ring after their WM19 match.

1. Rock/Austin
2. Vince
3. Foley

Angle should be a lot higher on this list, but I guess that's part of WWE's mentality pretending that he was never in the company. At least Top 10. Shane should also be up there. And I agree with Sable because at her 98-99 peak she was one of the most over personalities ever in wrestling, not only in the females category.
Typical bias rock316ae, putting rock and Austin as joint but with rocks name first

If anyone should be joint first with Austin it should be Vince McMahon. He's screwing of Bret plus Austin vs McMahon feud made him the biggest heel of the era. Every top face of the attitude era feuded with him in some way or another. He got massive heat reactions and played the heel character extremely well. There wouldn't be an attitude era without Austin but it wouldn't of been nearly as awesome without Vince McMahon
Stuart82 is offline  
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
muttgeiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era

I would like to put in my vote for the Godfather and his ho train to be added to this list.
muttgeiger is offline  
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 PM
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
 
Catalanotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 9,499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era

I don't think Too Cool should be on the list (to those saying they should be). When I think of the Attitude Era, they are one of the last groups of people that come to mind at all. Pretty good list, though. No surprise Austin was #1.


Detroit Red Wings/Dallas Cowboys
MARKS FOR ROWDY RODDY PIPER
Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions.
You ever notice Hulk Hogan’s got no hair on his chest? Only friend he’s got that DOES is Cyndi Lauper.

Catalanotto is offline  
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart82 View Post
Typical bias rock316ae, putting rock and Austin as joint but with rocks name first

If anyone should be joint first with Austin it should be Vince McMahon. He's screwing of Bret plus Austin vs McMahon feud made him the biggest heel of the era. Every top face of the attitude era feuded with him in some way or another. He got massive heat reactions and played the heel character extremely well. There wouldn't be an attitude era without Austin but it wouldn't of been nearly as awesome without Vince McMahon
Vince/Rock can be argued for joint second
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline  
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertdeniro View Post
1-Austin
2-Rock
3-McMahon
4-Taker/Mankind
5-HHH.
This is my list though I would put HHH/Mankind/Taker as joint 4

Last edited by Shutthehellup; 11-19-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Shutthehellup is offline  
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
                     
Re: The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era

No Ken Shamrock? But Kurt Angle makes the list? boo.

Rest is spot on.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: The 20 Icons of the Attitude Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
WWE counted and presented the Attitude Era, its logos and product from mid 1997 to April 2002. That was the official start and end if you want something like that. After the Draft they changed the logos, the sets, the rosters, the atmosphere, the TV concept and a few months later, the Top guy Rock passed the torch to the Top guy of the new era Lesnar. Along with that, Rock and Austin finished their full time run around that time. IMO, the official end of an era was the Rock/Austin moment in the ring after their WM19 match.

1. Rock/Austin
2. Vince
3. Foley

Angle should be a lot higher on this list, but I guess that's part of WWE's mentality pretending that he was never in the company. At least Top 10. Shane should also be up there. And I agree with Sable because at her 98-99 peak she was one of the most over personalities ever in wrestling, not only in the females category.


Sir you are correct! People love to mistake the AE ending at WM 17 when WWE itself says the AE ended mid 02 which means Austin was "the man" 98/99 and Rock was "the man" 00-02.

Obliviously WWE would never allow a sellout like Rock to be featured over Austin, this list is another stupid joke thanks to WWE politics
ShowHBKStopper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome