Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era? - Page 8 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #71 (permalink)
Celebrating my first World title
 
RyanPelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belleville, Indiana
Posts: 14,303
RyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosihait View Post
Bret just hated that direction and hated his heel character. He never wanted to be a part of that era, and if he didn't want it- I don't think that Bret could have done it. It's hard to do somethin/Gimmick that you don't like, and it's a shame because that character was probably the best thing that Bret has done.
He has said that, but he's also said that he loved doing the heel run. Bret would have done what was best for the company, regardless of whether or not he agreed with it, much like he always had. Heel Bret was just awesome.
__________________

That has got to be Kane.
RyanPelley is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #72 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,711
murder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friends
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPelley View Post
He has said that, but he's also said that he loved doing the heel run. Bret would have done what was best for the company, regardless of whether or not he agreed with it, much like he always had. Heel Bret was just awesome.
Like jobbing to HBK on his way out. Yeah, he had no problem with that one.
murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #73 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait is an after thought
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
Like jobbing to HBK on his way out. Yeah, he had no problem with that one.
LOL yeah. Or to job cleanly for any title, for that matter. A little known fact- Outside of his lose to Bulldog at Summerslam, he never lost a WWF title cleanly. Check it.

Just to make things clear: I don't say that Bret played politics to not lose the titles cleanly. However, it's pretty funny that Shawn lost cleanly more titles then him. Besides, Bret always complains after he's losing titles that he shouldn't lose them in the first place.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #74 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,711
murder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friends
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosihait View Post
LOL yeah. Or to job cleanly for any title, for that matter. A little known fact- Outside of his lose to Bulldog at Summerslam, he never lost a WWF title cleanly. Check it.

Just to make things clear: I don't say that Bret played politics to not lose the titles cleanly. However, it's pretty funny that Shawn lost cleanly more titles then him. Besides, Bret always complains after he's losing titles that he shouldn't lose them in the first place.
Now that's not true. Let's see: He lost the IC title clean to Mountie, then again to Bulldog and he lost the WWF title clean to HBK at Mania 12.

That's just WWF, in WCW he lost the US title clean twice to Luger and DDP resp.
murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #75 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait is an after thought
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
Now that's not true. Let's see: He lost the IC title clean to Mountie, then again to Bulldog and he lost the WWF title clean to HBK at Mania 12.

That's just WWF, in WCW he lost the US title clean twice to Luger and DDP resp.
I didn't talk about WCW. But you're wrong about the WWF.

I said that aside from Bulldog, he never lost cleanly. Let's check it:

He didn't lose clean to the Mountie. According to the storyline, he had a 120 degrees fever, and the Mountie used water and his cattle prod. NOT a clean victory (But who cares? It's the fucking Mountie).

And about Shawn- He didn't lose cleanly there as well. Remember the overtime? Remember that he used it as an excuse later? Imagine something like this happening today.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #76 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,711
murder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friends
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosihait View Post
I didn't talk about WCW. But you're wrong about the WWF.

I said that aside from Bulldog, he never lost cleanly. Let's check it:

He didn't lose clean to the Mountie. According to the storyline, he had a 120 degrees fever, and the Mountie used water and his cattle prod. NOT a clean victory (But who cares? It's the fucking Mountie).

And about Shawn- He didn't lose cleanly there as well. Remember the overtime? Remember that he used it as an excuse later? Imagine something like this happening today.
That was part of Brets gimmick for his heel turn, to use excuses.

But his loss to Shawn was as clean as can be. Overtime or no overtime, Shawn beat Bret in the middle of the ring after two Superkicks, no outside interference, no gimmicks, nothing.

Same with Mountie, whether Bret was sick or not, he was pinned clean by Mountie. What's with the water and his cattle prod? I don't remember any of that during that match.

I get what you're saying though. His losses were always in a way to protect him. But that's wrestling booking 101, to protect the babyface. If you don't count these examples as clean jobs, then no babyface in history has ever lost clean.

Even Rock putting over Lesnar, which is considered a passing of the torch deal, was booked in a way to protect Rock with all the Heyman interference and Rocks injured ribs.
murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #77 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 682
TheRainKing should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsTheRainKing should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsTheRainKing should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsTheRainKing should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Rikishi being the guy that ran over Austin.

Toning down the edgy TV.

Unde...ing talent like Chris Jericho.

Making Kane irrelevant after his feud with Taker.
TheRainKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #78 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait is an after thought
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
Same with Mountie, whether Bret was sick or not, he was pinned clean by Mountie. What's with the water and his cattle prod? I don't remember any of that during that match.
You shouldn't remember that match at all. It was never broadcasted. I mean, it was on a house show two days before the Rumble.
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #79 (permalink)
kendoo 3:16
 
kendoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: scotland
Posts: 1,569
kendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missedkendoo probably won't be missed
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

the whole brawl fight thing they done that killed dr death steve williams
kendoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #80 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait is an after thought
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendoo View Post
the whole brawl fight thing they done that killed dr death steve williams
Oh, that sucked so much!
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios