Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era? - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #91 (permalink)
CM4
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 940
CM4 251 - 500CM4 251 - 500CM4 251 - 500
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by You_heard? View Post
Turning Austin into a heel.
By that point turning him heel wasn't a big deal, the Monday Night Wars were officially over anyways.
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #92 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,524
murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM4 View Post
By that point turning him heel wasn't a big deal, the Monday Night Wars were officially over anyways.
They may not have had a war to lose anymore but they still had an audience to lose. And that's exactly what turning Austin heel achieved.

Austins heel turn is the single biggest reason for WWEs decline in popularity.
murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #93 (permalink)
CM4
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 940
CM4 251 - 500CM4 251 - 500CM4 251 - 500
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
They may not have had a war to lose anymore but they still had an audience to lose. And that's exactly what turning Austin heel achieved.

Austins heel turn is the single biggest reason for WWEs decline in popularity.
The fans would've eventually left anyways, the WWF's problems in 2001 went far beyond Austin's heel turn, I mean Austin staying face probably would've meant more Austin vs. McMahon, which was outdated by 2001. They had no one to compete with so they didn't really care what the fans thought anymore.

Besides they didn't completely fall apart financially until the Brand Extension the following year.

Last edited by CM4 : 11-25-2012 at 05:01 PM.
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #94 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
AshleyAlves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Club Paradise
Posts: 34
AshleyAlves 50 - 100
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM4 View Post
The fans would've eventually left anyways, the WWF's problems in 2001 went far beyond Austin's heel turn, I mean Austin staying face probably would've meant more Austin vs. McMahon, which was outdated by 2001. They had no one to compete with so they didn't really care what the fans thought anymore.

Besides they didn't completely fall apart financially until the Brand Extension the following year.


Bro business didnt really stat to tank til late 02 when there ratings/ppv really started to feel reflect Austin/Rock being gone.
AshleyAlves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #95 (permalink)
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Vic Capri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,375
Vic Capri 2501 - 3000Vic Capri 2501 - 3000Vic Capri 2501 - 3000Vic Capri 2501 - 3000Vic Capri 2501 - 3000Vic Capri 2501 - 3000Vic Capri 2501 - 3000Vic Capri 2501 - 3000Vic Capri 2501 - 3000Vic Capri 2501 - 3000Vic Capri 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Not booking Undertaker Vs. Mankind at Wrestlemania.

Vince McMahon as The Higher Power. 5 months of build-up down the fucking drain!

Making Billy Gunn KOTR.

Not trusting Jericho or Van Dam to carry the company.

Not making Ken Shamrock WWF Champion. It would've been good press for the company!

Not buying out the contracts on the nWo, Flair, Mysterio, Steiner, and Goldberg. Vince would've gotten so much back on his investment with a real Invasion.

Making Kurt Angle WWF Champion for just two weeks. He should've held in until No Mercy at least.

Making ECWCW looks like chumps from start to finish.

I didn't mind Austin's heel turn, but doing it in Texas was beyond stupid.

Not forcing Austin to drop the title to Helmsley at Wrestlemania 18. As much as I dislike HHH, he deserved a better main event match.
I'm sure there's more, but these are the critical errors for me.

- Vic
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret Hart, 1992
I dedicate this moment to anyone who still believes the biggest dreams can still come true
R.I.P. The Wrestlemania Streak
March 24, 1991 - April 6, 2014

Last edited by Vic Capri : 11-29-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Vic Capri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #96 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
doctor doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,138
doctor doom 501 - 1000doctor doom 501 - 1000doctor doom 501 - 1000doctor doom 501 - 1000doctor doom 501 - 1000doctor doom 501 - 1000
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Rock should have went over at WM2000.
Benoit should have won the WWF title at either Fully Loaded or Unforgiven then feud with HHH.
Jericho, Guerrero, Saturn were underused
Kane became a comedy act
__________________

Chris Benoit, CM Punk, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, Antonio Cesaro, Okada, Devitt
doctor doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #97 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Takertheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Death Valley
Posts: 1,917
Takertheman 1001 - 1500Takertheman 1001 - 1500Takertheman 1001 - 1500Takertheman 1001 - 1500Takertheman 1001 - 1500Takertheman 1001 - 1500Takertheman 1001 - 1500Takertheman 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Beaver Cleavage
Mae Young giving birth to a hand.
__________________

The Streak is dead, but The Legend lives forever. Thank You Undertaker, The Greatest of All Time; A True Phenom.
Takertheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #98 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
tanaples 50 - 100
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

It doesn't matter what you "hope" Looney, nor does it matter if you think Parvati is excited about next season. I'm amazed that you can't figure out why people give you a hard time... This thread is to discuss material relating only too Beedlebum's potential information. Please, for the love of God, make this thread easier to follow by keeping your irrelevant thoughts and wishes in your head.

Beedlebum, it's totally understandable that you don't want to give out the supposed final 3 before the cast is announced, but is there a way you could maybe find out names of other cast-members? A poster with info last season kind of played a "game" where he gave us clues relating to the names and we had to try and find the cast-member. Almost all S24 castaways were found this way... If you found out at least a few more names you could give us at least a "sneak peek" of who you think is on, and blend in those 3 names without directly giving out the final three. Thanks for the new possible info.
tanaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #99 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Yosihait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Israel
Posts: 503
Yosihait 50 - 100
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaples View Post
It doesn't matter what you "hope" Looney, nor does it matter if you think Parvati is excited about next season. I'm amazed that you can't figure out why people give you a hard time... This thread is to discuss material relating only too Beedlebum's potential information. Please, for the love of God, make this thread easier to follow by keeping your irrelevant thoughts and wishes in your head.

Beedlebum, it's totally understandable that you don't want to give out the supposed final 3 before the cast is announced, but is there a way you could maybe find out names of other cast-members? A poster with info last season kind of played a "game" where he gave us clues relating to the names and we had to try and find the cast-member. Almost all S24 castaways were found this way... If you found out at least a few more names you could give us at least a "sneak peek" of who you think is on, and blend in those 3 names without directly giving out the final three. Thanks for the new possible info.
Um... Bro... You're not in the right thread...
Yosihait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #100 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Lesnar Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 401
Lesnar Turtle 101 - 250Lesnar Turtle 101 - 250
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Too lazy to read through all 10 pages, but in case nobody has stated the obvious yet...

the biggest mistake made in the AE? choosing to end it..
Lesnar Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios