Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 09-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,729
That Guy 4501 - 5000That Guy 4501 - 5000That Guy 4501 - 5000That Guy 4501 - 5000That Guy 4501 - 5000That Guy 4501 - 5000That Guy 4501 - 5000That Guy 4501 - 5000That Guy 4501 - 5000That Guy 4501 - 5000That Guy 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

I remember reading somewhere that the streak also went into house shows or things like that which weren't recorded and that is why the numbers are all weird.
__________________
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Berkajr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,082
Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000
Default Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

Yeah, back in 1998 Goldberg was super hot. But at the same time WCW had its strongest roster ever. And as mentioned earlier WCW would have drawn good money if they made Goldberg gone 199-0 in to a PPV against the right opponent. And before laughing at me for suggesting this. Just think about it marketing wise and if them promos and build was made correct it would have been huge.

Imagine to have Goldberg (199-0) go against The Warrior. Sure Warrior was similar to Goldberg in styles ant type of squashes. But it a real good booker took care of it as well as a real good road agent to help them walk thru the mathc. That match would have been epic. Warrior was a draw at the time, had strong name value to the audience.

In a typical Face vs Face classic that would have been awesome.


And yes. WCW DID coutn Goldbergs houseshow matches to his streak. Otherwise there would be no way in hell Goldberg would have been reaching those numbers within 14 months.
__________________
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x302/Berkajr/WWEChampionsHistory2.jpg

What a horrible night to have a curse
Berkajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
theidealstranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,374
theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000
Default Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

Here's what I could find of the streak.


Sno Wrestler: Program: Date:
1 Buddy Landell WCW Saturday Night June 24, 1997
2 Dark match
3 Hector Guerrero WCW Monday Nitro July 14, 1997
4 Dark match
5 John Betcha WCW Monday Nitro July 21, 1997
6 Dark match
7 Hugh Morrus WCW Monday Nitro September 22, 1997
8 The Barbarian WCW Monday Nitro September 29, 1997
9 Greg Valentine WCW House Show October 2, 1997
10 Roadblock WCW Saturday Night October 11, 1997
11 Scotty Riggs WCW Monday Nitro October 13, 1997
12 Wrath WCW Monday Nitro October 20, 1997
13 Mike Anthony WCW Saturday Night October 25, 1997
14 Renegade WCW Saturday Night November 1, 1997
15 Mark Starr WCW Worldwide November 8, 1997
16 Renegade WCW Saturday Night December 27, 1997
17 Steve McMichael WCW Starrcade December 28, 1997
18 Glacier WCW Monday Nitro December 29, 1997
19 Bobby Eaton WCW House Show January 3, 1998
20 Brad Armstrong WCW House Show January 4, 1998
21 Stevie Ray WCW Monday Nitro January 5, 1998
22 Steve McMicheal WCW Thursday Thunder January 8, 1998
23 Barry Horowitz WCW Saturday Night January 10, 1998
24 Jerry Flynn WCW Monday Nitro January 12, 1998
25 Chavo Guerrero Jr. WCW Thursday Thunder January 15, 1998
26 Kendell Windham WCW Thursday Thunder January 22, 1998
27 Mike Tolbert WCW Saturday Night January 24, 1998
28 Brad Armstrong WCW Monday Nitro January 26, 1998
29 Yuji Nagata WCW Thursday Thunder January 29, 1998
30 Meng WCW Saturday Night January 31, 1998
31 Buddy Lee Parker WCW Boston Brawl January 31, 1998
32 Mark Starr WCW Monday Nitro February 2, 1998
33 Jim Powers WCW Thursday Thunder February 5, 1998
34 Disco Inferno WCW Saturday Night February 7, 1998
35 Lord Steven Regal WCW Monday Nitro February 9, 1998
36 Glacier WCW Thursday Thunder February 12, 1998
37 Steve McMichael WCW House Show February 13, 1998
38 Steve McMichael WCW House Show February 14, 1998
39 Joey Maggs WCW Worldwide February 14, 1998
40 Hugh Morrus WCW Monday Nitro February 16, 1998
41 Fit Finley WCW Thursday Thunder February 19, 1998
42 Jerry Flynn WCW Saturday Night February 21, 1998
43 Brad Armstrong WCW Superbrawl VIII February 22, 1998
44 Rick Fuller WCW Thursday Thunder February 26, 1998
45 Sick Boy WCW Monday Nitro March 2, 1998
46 Vincent WCW Thursday Thunder March 5, 1998
47 Yuji Nagata WCW House Show March 6, 1998
48 Jerry Flynn WCW Worldwide March 7, 1998
49 Yuji Nagata WCW House Show March 7, 1998
50 Yuji Nagata WCW House Show March 8, 1998
51 Barry Darsow WCW Monday Nitro March 9, 1998
52 Chase Tatum WCW Saturday Night March 14, 1998
53 Lodi WCW Monday Nitro March 16, 1998
54 Wayne Bloom WCW Thursday Thunder March 19, 1998
55 Brad Armstrong WCW House Show March 20, 1998
56 Brad Armstrong WCW House Show March 21, 1998
57 Brad Armstrong WCW House Show March 22, 1998
58 Renegade WCW Monday Nitro March 23, 1998
59 Jerry Flynn WCW House Show March 25, 1998
60 Jerry Flynn WCW Thursday Thunder March 26, 1998
61 Jerry Flynn WCW House Show March 27, 1998
62 Jerry Flynn WCW House Show March 28, 1998
63 Jerry Flynn WCW House Show March 29, 1998
64 Ray Traylor WCW Monday Nitro March 30, 1998
65 Jerry Flynn WCW Malice at the Palace April 2, 1998
66 Hammer WCW Monday Nitro April 6, 1998
67 Fit Finley WCW House Show April 10, 1998
68 Fit Finley WCW House Show April 11, 1998
69 Rocco Rock WCW Monday Nitro April 13, 1998
70 Hammer WCW Saturday Night Dark Match April 14, 1998
71 Barry Darsow WCW Thursday Thunder April 16, 1998
72 Perry Saturn WCW Spring Stampede April 19, 1998
73 Raven WCW Monday Nitro April 20, 1998
74 *U.S. Title Bout Victory
75 Mike Enos WCW Wednesday Thunder April 22, 1998
76 Scott Norton WCW Monday Nitro April 27, 1998
77 Jerry Flynn WCW Tuesday Nitro April 28, 1998
78 Saturn WCW House Show May 6, 1998
79 Saturn WCW House Show May 9, 1998
80 Saturn WCW House Show May 9, 1998
81 Len Denton WCW Monday Nitro May 11, 1998
82 Sick Boy WCW Thursday Thunder May 14, 1998
83 Saturn WCW House Show May 15, 1998
84 Yuji Nagata WCW Saturday Night May 16, 1998
85 Saturn WCW House Show May 16, 1998
86 Saturn WCW Slamboree May 17, 1998
87 Glacier WCW Monday Nitro May 18, 1998
88 Johnny Attitude WCW Monday Nitro May 25, 1998
89 Saturn WCW House Show May 26, 1998
90 Barry Horowitz WCW Wednesday Thunder May 27, 1998
91 La Parka WCW Monday Nitro June 1, 1998
92 Hugh Morrus WCW Thursday Thunder June 4, 1998
93 Saturn WCW House Show June 5, 1998
94 Saturn WCW House Show June 6, 1998
95 Leroy Howard WCW Worldwide June 6, 1998
96 Saturn WCW House Show June 7, 1998
97 Chavo Guerrero Jr. WCW Monday Nitro June 8, 1998
98 Konnan WCW Thursday Thunder June 11, 1998
99 Dark Match
100 Konnan WCW House Show June 12, 1998
101 Konnan WCW House Show June 13, 1998
102 Sting WCW House Show June 13, 1998
103 Konnan WCW Great American Bash June 14, 1998
104 Reese WCW Thursday Thunder June 18, 1998
105 Rick Fuller WCW Monday Nitro June 22, 1998
106 Fit Finley WCW Wednesday Thunder June 24, 1998
107 Glacier WCW Monday Nitro June 29, 1998
108 John Nord WCW Worldwide July 4, 1998
109 Scott Hall WCW Monday Nitro July 6, 1998
110 Hulk Hogan WCW Monday Nitro July 6, 1998
111 *World Title Bout Victory
112 Curt Hennig WCW Bash at the Beach July 12, 1998
113 Curt Hennig WCW Nitro July 13, 1998
114 Giant WCW Thunder July 16, 1998
115 Dark match
116 Curt Hennig WCW House Show July 17, 1998
117 Curt Hennig WCW House Show July 18, 1998
118 Brian Adams WCW Nitro July 27, 1998
119 Giant WCW Nitro July 27, 1998
120 Dark match
121 Giant WCW Nitro August 3, 1998
122 Dark match
123 Giant WCW Thunder August 5, 1998
124 Dark match
125 Meng WCW Nitro August 10, 1998
126 Giant by DQ WCW Nitro August 17, 1998
127 Al Green WCW Nitro August 31, 1998
128 Scott Putski WCW Nitro September 7, 1998
129 Rick Fuller WCW Thunder September 10, 1998
130 Giant WCW House Show September 11, 1998
131 Sting WCW Nitro September 14, 1998
132 Kanyon WCW Thunder September 24, 1998
133 Giant WCW House Show September 25, 1998
134 Sting WCW House Show September 26, 1998
135 Raven WCW Thunder October 1, 1998
136 Giant WCW House Show October 11, 1998
137 Giant WCW Nitro October 12, 1998
138 Meng WCW Saturday Night October 20, 1998
139 Scott Hall WCW House Show October 21, 1998
140 Diamond Dallas Page WCW Halloween Havoc October 25, 1998
141 Giant WCW House Show November 6, 1998
142 Giant WCW House Show November 8, 1998
143 Meng WCW Nitro Extra November 10, 1998
144 Giant WCW Nitro November 23, 1998
145 Giant WCW House Show December 19, 1998
146 Bam Bam Bigelow WCW House Show December 20, 1998
147 Scott Hall by DQ WCW Nitro December 21, 1998
148 Scott Hall Souled Out January 17, 1999
149 Ladder Match
150 Scott Hall and Bam Bam Bigelow by DQ WCW Nitro January 18, 1999
151 Three Way Dance
152 Scott Norton WCW Nitro January 25, 1999
__________________
Don't fear the axe, fear the man holding it!

Spoiler for TIMBER!:
theidealstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,464
Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500Rock316AE 15001 - 15500
Default Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

Goldberg/Warrior on PPV in 1998 as a streak match for the belt could have been huge. Two guys who never lost clean wrestling on PPV as babyfaces with Warrior taking a pin, maybe after an nWo brawl or something. Big waste when you think about it.
Rock316AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Pope of Chilitown
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: dirty old town, dirty old town
Posts: 3,339
Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500Hollywood Hanoi 11001 - 11500
Default Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

Was recently watching a 2001 shoot with Bobby Heenan talking to Meltzer just after WCW went bust, Heenan said Goldberg losing was the dumbest decision of all in WCW (which is saying a lot), said if it was up to him Goldberg would have never lost, they should have just ran and ran with it while he was still so hot.

full interview here if anyone is interested (you should be, the Brain is always awesome)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjPy4r2Sdg
__________________
Hollywood Hanoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Berkajr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,082
Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000Berkajr 501 - 1000
Default Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theidealstranger View Post
Here's what I could find of the streak.


Sno Wrestler: Program: Date:
1 Buddy Landell WCW Saturday Night June 24, 1997
2 Dark match
3 Hector Guerrero WCW Monday Nitro July 14, 1997
4 Dark match
5 John Betcha WCW Monday Nitro July 21, 1997
6 Dark match
7 Hugh Morrus WCW Monday Nitro September 22, 1997
8 The Barbarian WCW Monday Nitro September 29, 1997
9 Greg Valentine WCW House Show October 2, 1997
10 Roadblock WCW Saturday Night October 11, 1997
11 Scotty Riggs WCW Monday Nitro October 13, 1997
12 Wrath WCW Monday Nitro October 20, 1997
13 Mike Anthony WCW Saturday Night October 25, 1997
14 Renegade WCW Saturday Night November 1, 1997
15 Mark Starr WCW Worldwide November 8, 1997
16 Renegade WCW Saturday Night December 27, 1997
17 Steve McMichael WCW Starrcade December 28, 1997
18 Glacier WCW Monday Nitro December 29, 1997
19 Bobby Eaton WCW House Show January 3, 1998
20 Brad Armstrong WCW House Show January 4, 1998
21 Stevie Ray WCW Monday Nitro January 5, 1998
22 Steve McMicheal WCW Thursday Thunder January 8, 1998
23 Barry Horowitz WCW Saturday Night January 10, 1998
24 Jerry Flynn WCW Monday Nitro January 12, 1998
25 Chavo Guerrero Jr. WCW Thursday Thunder January 15, 1998
26 Kendell Windham WCW Thursday Thunder January 22, 1998
27 Mike Tolbert WCW Saturday Night January 24, 1998
28 Brad Armstrong WCW Monday Nitro January 26, 1998
29 Yuji Nagata WCW Thursday Thunder January 29, 1998
30 Meng WCW Saturday Night January 31, 1998
31 Buddy Lee Parker WCW Boston Brawl January 31, 1998
32 Mark Starr WCW Monday Nitro February 2, 1998
33 Jim Powers WCW Thursday Thunder February 5, 1998
34 Disco Inferno WCW Saturday Night February 7, 1998
35 Lord Steven Regal WCW Monday Nitro February 9, 1998
36 Glacier WCW Thursday Thunder February 12, 1998
37 Steve McMichael WCW House Show February 13, 1998
38 Steve McMichael WCW House Show February 14, 1998
39 Joey Maggs WCW Worldwide February 14, 1998
40 Hugh Morrus WCW Monday Nitro February 16, 1998
41 Fit Finley WCW Thursday Thunder February 19, 1998
42 Jerry Flynn WCW Saturday Night February 21, 1998
43 Brad Armstrong WCW Superbrawl VIII February 22, 1998
44 Rick Fuller WCW Thursday Thunder February 26, 1998
45 Sick Boy WCW Monday Nitro March 2, 1998
46 Vincent WCW Thursday Thunder March 5, 1998
47 Yuji Nagata WCW House Show March 6, 1998
48 Jerry Flynn WCW Worldwide March 7, 1998
49 Yuji Nagata WCW House Show March 7, 1998
50 Yuji Nagata WCW House Show March 8, 1998
51 Barry Darsow WCW Monday Nitro March 9, 1998
52 Chase Tatum WCW Saturday Night March 14, 1998
53 Lodi WCW Monday Nitro March 16, 1998
54 Wayne Bloom WCW Thursday Thunder March 19, 1998
55 Brad Armstrong WCW House Show March 20, 1998
56 Brad Armstrong WCW House Show March 21, 1998
57 Brad Armstrong WCW House Show March 22, 1998
58 Renegade WCW Monday Nitro March 23, 1998
59 Jerry Flynn WCW House Show March 25, 1998
60 Jerry Flynn WCW Thursday Thunder March 26, 1998
61 Jerry Flynn WCW House Show March 27, 1998
62 Jerry Flynn WCW House Show March 28, 1998
63 Jerry Flynn WCW House Show March 29, 1998
64 Ray Traylor WCW Monday Nitro March 30, 1998
65 Jerry Flynn WCW Malice at the Palace April 2, 1998
66 Hammer WCW Monday Nitro April 6, 1998
67 Fit Finley WCW House Show April 10, 1998
68 Fit Finley WCW House Show April 11, 1998
69 Rocco Rock WCW Monday Nitro April 13, 1998
70 Hammer WCW Saturday Night Dark Match April 14, 1998
71 Barry Darsow WCW Thursday Thunder April 16, 1998
72 Perry Saturn WCW Spring Stampede April 19, 1998
73 Raven WCW Monday Nitro April 20, 1998
74 *U.S. Title Bout Victory
75 Mike Enos WCW Wednesday Thunder April 22, 1998
76 Scott Norton WCW Monday Nitro April 27, 1998
77 Jerry Flynn WCW Tuesday Nitro April 28, 1998
78 Saturn WCW House Show May 6, 1998
79 Saturn WCW House Show May 9, 1998
80 Saturn WCW House Show May 9, 1998
81 Len Denton WCW Monday Nitro May 11, 1998
82 Sick Boy WCW Thursday Thunder May 14, 1998
83 Saturn WCW House Show May 15, 1998
84 Yuji Nagata WCW Saturday Night May 16, 1998
85 Saturn WCW House Show May 16, 1998
86 Saturn WCW Slamboree May 17, 1998
87 Glacier WCW Monday Nitro May 18, 1998
88 Johnny Attitude WCW Monday Nitro May 25, 1998
89 Saturn WCW House Show May 26, 1998
90 Barry Horowitz WCW Wednesday Thunder May 27, 1998
91 La Parka WCW Monday Nitro June 1, 1998
92 Hugh Morrus WCW Thursday Thunder June 4, 1998
93 Saturn WCW House Show June 5, 1998
94 Saturn WCW House Show June 6, 1998
95 Leroy Howard WCW Worldwide June 6, 1998
96 Saturn WCW House Show June 7, 1998
97 Chavo Guerrero Jr. WCW Monday Nitro June 8, 1998
98 Konnan WCW Thursday Thunder June 11, 1998
99 Dark Match
100 Konnan WCW House Show June 12, 1998
101 Konnan WCW House Show June 13, 1998
102 Sting WCW House Show June 13, 1998
103 Konnan WCW Great American Bash June 14, 1998
104 Reese WCW Thursday Thunder June 18, 1998
105 Rick Fuller WCW Monday Nitro June 22, 1998
106 Fit Finley WCW Wednesday Thunder June 24, 1998
107 Glacier WCW Monday Nitro June 29, 1998
108 John Nord WCW Worldwide July 4, 1998
109 Scott Hall WCW Monday Nitro July 6, 1998
110 Hulk Hogan WCW Monday Nitro July 6, 1998
111 *World Title Bout Victory
112 Curt Hennig WCW Bash at the Beach July 12, 1998
113 Curt Hennig WCW Nitro July 13, 1998
114 Giant WCW Thunder July 16, 1998
115 Dark match
116 Curt Hennig WCW House Show July 17, 1998
117 Curt Hennig WCW House Show July 18, 1998
118 Brian Adams WCW Nitro July 27, 1998
119 Giant WCW Nitro July 27, 1998
120 Dark match
121 Giant WCW Nitro August 3, 1998
122 Dark match
123 Giant WCW Thunder August 5, 1998
124 Dark match
125 Meng WCW Nitro August 10, 1998
126 Giant by DQ WCW Nitro August 17, 1998
127 Al Green WCW Nitro August 31, 1998
128 Scott Putski WCW Nitro September 7, 1998
129 Rick Fuller WCW Thunder September 10, 1998
130 Giant WCW House Show September 11, 1998
131 Sting WCW Nitro September 14, 1998
132 Kanyon WCW Thunder September 24, 1998
133 Giant WCW House Show September 25, 1998
134 Sting WCW House Show September 26, 1998
135 Raven WCW Thunder October 1, 1998
136 Giant WCW House Show October 11, 1998
137 Giant WCW Nitro October 12, 1998
138 Meng WCW Saturday Night October 20, 1998
139 Scott Hall WCW House Show October 21, 1998
140 Diamond Dallas Page WCW Halloween Havoc October 25, 1998
141 Giant WCW House Show November 6, 1998
142 Giant WCW House Show November 8, 1998
143 Meng WCW Nitro Extra November 10, 1998
144 Giant WCW Nitro November 23, 1998
145 Giant WCW House Show December 19, 1998
146 Bam Bam Bigelow WCW House Show December 20, 1998
147 Scott Hall by DQ WCW Nitro December 21, 1998
148 Scott Hall Souled Out January 17, 1999
149 Ladder Match
150 Scott Hall and Bam Bam Bigelow by DQ WCW Nitro January 18, 1999
151 Three Way Dance
152 Scott Norton WCW Nitro January 25, 1999
Impressive list, but on my list I have 162 matches, up until his loss, and I am not counting any matches prior his debut on Nitro. But If I did count the pre-debut matches, I would add 11.

So 162+11 is infact 173. Which is his official streak too
__________________
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x302/Berkajr/WWEChampionsHistory2.jpg

What a horrible night to have a curse
Berkajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
theidealstranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,374
theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000
Default Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkajr View Post
Impressive list, but on my list I have 162 matches, up until his loss, and I am not counting any matches prior his debut on Nitro. But If I did count the pre-debut matches, I would add 11.

So 162+11 is infact 173. Which is his official streak too
Can you, if possible, put up the list. I would like to see it as well has have it in a place where I can look up, sort of one source
__________________
Don't fear the axe, fear the man holding it!

Spoiler for TIMBER!:
theidealstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
the modern myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 8,852
the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
wcw really fucked up when it came to the payoff of the streak. coulda filled a 90,000 stadium and millions of PPV buys at starrcade with that, maybe gotten to 200-0

another mistake was having it end to kevin nash, an up and comer who needed the rub

:hhh
Yeah, I agree. Out of curiosity, who would you have booked to end the streak?
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt9zbhgZAW1qmssh1o1_400.jpg
the modern myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
theidealstranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,374
theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000
Default Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by the modern myth View Post
Yeah, I agree. Out of curiosity, who would you have booked to end the streak?
I recollect reading somewhere that Bobby Heenan thought that ending the streak was a terrible booking and he would have had the streak never end as it was pouring in money.

I know it was not addressed to me but I would use the end of streak to rub in on a rookie at the time when Goldberg was retiring for good, a Brock Lesnar kind of rookie who is a monster as well as has a sound technical background.
__________________
Don't fear the axe, fear the man holding it!

Spoiler for TIMBER!:
theidealstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Dragonballfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,525
Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500Dragonballfan 6001 - 6500
Default Re: Analyze This: Goldberg's Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theidealstranger View Post
I recollect reading somewhere that Bobby Heenan thought that ending the streak was a terrible booking and he would have had the streak never end as it was pouring in money.

I know it was not addressed to me but I would use the end of streak to rub in on a rookie at the time when Goldberg was retiring for good, a Brock Lesnar kind of rookie who is a monster as well as has a sound technical background.
The problem was if there was a rookie like that at the time WCW would never have booked them from the mid-card to the main event because of how fucked up the booking got from that Starrcade till its death
__________________
.
R.I.P. to the Ultimate Warrior.


"Eat... Sleep... Conquer... The Streak" - Michael Cole

WrestleMania VII - March 24, 1991 -- WrestleMania XXX - April 6, 2014
Dragonballfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios