Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows) - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 09-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
 
Hamada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Picking up James Richardson's cappuccino and dessert tab
Posts: 7,608
Hamada has posts worth readingHamada has posts worth readingHamada has posts worth readingHamada has posts worth readingHamada has posts worth readingHamada has posts worth readingHamada has posts worth readingHamada has posts worth readingHamada has posts worth readingHamada has posts worth readingHamada has posts worth reading
Default Re: Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows)

I never knew that thing with Taka!

Bret Hart was once The Genie from Aladdin in a play.
__________________


Sig: CHAMPviaDQ
Hamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,388
Issues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missed
Default Re: Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666_The_Game_666 View Post
I dont think that Owen Hart thing was ever official
I don't think it was absolutely official, but when the gimmick was created, I have read numerous times that they had Owen Hart in mind for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the modern myth View Post
Scott Hall can't really take credit for the Sting Crow gimmick, as the gimmick was stolen wholesale from a comic book and movie. I could never get past that fact. I suppose Sting turning into a comic book movie character makes sense. He was buddies with Robocop after all.
He can take credit for the fact it was his idea for Sting to become Crow-like, but I mean, nobody can take credit for any gimmick if that's the case man. John Cena wasn't the first rapper, Undertaker wasn't the first zombie etc. I can see what your point is though, absolutely. I just think somebody having an idea for a direction of a character deserve the applause for it, even if it is a rip of something going around at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendayedgehead View Post
Dory Funk Jr helped Christian break into the business.
Oh, the list of people Dory has helped become the wrestlers they are is an amazing feat in itself isn't it? Just had a quick look at the !bang! wiki page (I know, I know,) but it lists wreslers such as Christian, Kurt Angle, Steve Corino, Hardys as well as Gail Kim right back to William Regal. Something impressive to put on the CV.

Some more;

Kane VS The Undertaker, 1995.



One that loads no but is interesting for people who don't, DDP's first Wrestlemania appearance was at Wrestlemania V in 1990, driving Rhythm & Blues to the ring. I've also read DDPs first wrestling match was in the late 1970s.
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Tnmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 586
Tnmore is an after thoughtTnmore is an after thought
Default Re: Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows)

That Owen/Game thing was just a Internet Rumour.
__________________
Tnmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
the modern myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 9,229
the modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a pushthe modern myth is getting a push
Default Re: Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues_Sunshyne View Post
He can take credit for the fact it was his idea for Sting to become Crow-like, but I mean, nobody can take credit for any gimmick if that's the case man. John Cena wasn't the first rapper, Undertaker wasn't the first zombie etc. I can see what your point is though, absolutely. I just think somebody having an idea for a direction of a character deserve the applause for it, even if it is a rip of something going around at the time.
I guess Scott Hall can take credit for pushing him in that direction, yeah. It just shows how lame Sting must've been, though, as he was clearly so devoid of ideas for himself that somebody else actually had to come up with the idea of him plagiarizing a famous movie character! He couldn't even come up with that all by himself! Damn! Sting really sucks. Whose idea was it for him to rip off The Joker? I'm genuinely surprised that James O'Barr never sued over likeness rights. I'd be really pissed off if a character that I'd created was parodied by some half-wit wrestler who couldn't think of an original gimmick all by himself (or even with help).
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt9zbhgZAW1qmssh1o1_400.jpg
the modern myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Celebrating my first World title
 
RyanPelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belleville, Indiana
Posts: 14,272
RyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselvesRyanPelley is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues_Sunshyne View Post
Bret Hart was originally planning on joining WCW in 1992, but it fell through. Shawn Michaels was also going to jump ship in the mid-90s until he realized there wasn't much hope for him with Hogan there.
Fact? Where's your source?
__________________

That has got to be Kane.
RyanPelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,667
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows)

The Fabolous Moolah was Women's Champion for 27 years, which is the record for longest title reign in wrestling.

Ultimate Warrior's initial wrestling name was "Rock".

Hulk Hogan has never defeated Jerry Lawler in a match.

Steve McMichael appeared in Lawrence Taylor's corner at WM 11.

Beulah McGillicutty, the current wife of Tommy Dreamer, broke into the business with then boyfriend, Brian Pillman and her first role was as his sister.

Erich Bischoff got the idea for the NWO from New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Roddy Piper was originally hired by WWE to be a manager.

Shane McMahon worked Wrestlemania 6 as a referee.

Tammy Sytch has a major in pre-law.

Largest attendance ever for a wrestling event was 190,000 in North Korea.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,388
Issues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missed
Default Re: Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPelley View Post
Fact? Where's your source?
My source is the Observer weekly from that time.

Quote:
One of the stranger stories of the past week involves the Intercontinental title. Officially, as the storyline goes, Bret Hart went to the ring with a 104 degree fever on Friday night (1/17) in Springfield, MA and lost the title to The Mountie. Mountie in turn dropped the title at the Rumble two days later to Roddy Piper. As has become pretty common knowledge as the week went on, Hart had negotiated and at one point agreed to a deal where he would debut on Tuesday (1/21) at the Clash of the Champions for WCW in Topeka where he'd come out with the Intercontinental title as something of a payback for the WWF bringing in Ric Flair and having him wear what WCW considered their world title belt (of course the situations are completely different in that Flair was fired by WCW after the company attempted to cut an existing contract almost in half, which somehow six months later WCW feels is the WWF's fault for, to the extent they went to court over getting the belt off WWF television shows. So this idea was to gain revenge on the WWF, but the difference is that Hart would be walking out on a valid contract). The fact Hart was losing the title in Springfield was the world's worst-kept secret being that the WWF syndicated shows went out on the satellite Wednesday, which means anyone with a dish (which probably means well over one million potential viewers) would have been able to watch on Wednesday them talk about, in the past tense, in detail, an angle that was going to occur two days later.

It should be noted that the decision made to change the Intercontinental title from Hart to Piper was made weeks ago, before any talks had even started with WCW. So despite rumors to the contrary that are sure to spread, it wasn't a last-minute decision made by Titan to get the belt off Hart for fear he was leaving. If anything, Hart knowing he was going to lose the title may have been an impetus in his exploring the option of a jump. Apparently WCW offered Hart a guaranteed deal that was substantially more than he had been earning as Intercontinental champ. However after apparently agreeing to the deal, Hart had to back off because he realized his contract with the WWF, which he thought had run out, had rolled over and he couldn't give notice for several more months. However, WCW sources indicate that Hart, who had backed out of the deal as of a few days ago, will be coming in after all in not too many months. Hart was promised that after losing the strap to Mountie at a house show that he would be getting it back at Wrestlemania, even if it meant in a babyface match against Piper. However those are the kind of promises in wrestling that aren't often kept. In this case, since word got out on several wrestling 900 numbers over the weekend (which said that Hart would be starting at the Clash on Tuesday, and I'm sure many people, with Hart not appearing at the Rumble--which was to sell the illness and allow Piper to get the match and the strap; believed that confirmed the reports he was jumping) the plan WCW was attempting, Hart probably isn't in exactly the most favorable political position in the WWF right now as a possible lame duck. As far as similar rumors involving Curt Hennig, first off, he's still months away from returning to the ring to begin with. Second, he just signed a new contract as an announcer with the WWF from what I'm told, although he is long-time friends with Rick Rude (they both grew up together in Robbinsdale, MN) and nearly everyone in wrestling is envious of Rude's contract with WCW (rumored to be $300,000 for working 142 dates).
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,388
Issues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missedIssues_Sunshyne probably won't be missed
Default Re: Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows)

^ Also, HBK being interested in joining WCW is his book. And if I remember correctly, not read it in a while, Bret Hart mentions in his book that he had spoke with Ric Flair at some point about joining WCW, but that wasn't around 1992.
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Posts: 4,455
DualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues_Sunshyne View Post
New Jack got in touch with WWE about 10 years ago and pitched an idea that it was He who stabbed John Cena when he was attacked in a nightclub during his feud with Carly Calon.
Wow, never knew that. Something learned again. John Cena vs. New Jack Streetfight at Armageddon 2004 would be sure epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader230 View Post
Not true. That was just a rumour that got started because some fan edited Owen hart's fansite and added that part in his bio page.

"The Game" Moniker came about only after HHH's shoot Interview with JR. The fans started bringing signs calling him the game, and it eventually stuck with him.




You mean according to HHH's IMDB page? Its removed now.

True or not but in that video when Triple H talks about Hall & Nash, imagine Owen Hart talking about the Montreal Screwjob and Bret, Bulldog and Anvil. That promo would be even more emotional than this promo

Marty Jannetty played the part of The Undertaker at Royal Rumble 1994 when he ascended to the heaven after the casket match

Big Show wrestled his first SummerSlam in 1999 but it took him 7 long years before he wrestle at SummerSlam again, despite never leaving WWE in this time
__________________
June 23 1996 - October 5th 1999
The real Attitude Era

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/




DualShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
11rob2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,694
11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious11rob2k needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Wrestling Trivia (Facts not everyone knows)

I read some good Andre the Giant drinking facts a few months back, cant find the website now but one of them was saying he drank 14 bottles of wine before his match with Hulk Hogan at WM3 and another saying he once drank 120 beers in one sitting, not sure how true the second one is but the first one i can believe.
__________________
11rob2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios