Undertaker question. - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies
 
The Manowarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Where The Lines Overlap
Posts: 9,274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
                     
Undertaker question.

Where was he during Royal Rumble 2000?

I accept Hayley Williams rep.

The Manowarrior is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
dave 1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Undertaker question.

The Undertaker was injured in latter 1999, some kind of an arm injury if i remember correctly, and had to take time off to have surgery. If you believe the rumours swirling around at that time the plan was to have either Austin/Rock or Austin/Triple H as the main event of WrestleMania 16 but then they planned to do Austin/Rock/Triple H/Undertaker as the main event of WrestleMania 16 so Stone Cold Steve Austin could be protected because of his neck injury but then it became clear he HAD to go for surgery they allowed The Undertaker to do the same and began building Rock/Triple H.

dave 1981 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:21 AM
GET MY BAGS
 
the modern myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 9,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Undertaker question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave 1981 View Post
The Undertaker was injured in latter 1999, some kind of an arm injury if i remember correctly, and had to take time off to have surgery. If you believe the rumours swirling around at that time the plan was to have either Austin/Rock or Austin/Triple H as the main event of WrestleMania 16 but then they planned to do Austin/Rock/Triple H/Undertaker as the main event of WrestleMania 16 so Stone Cold Steve Austin could be protected because of his neck injury but then it became clear he HAD to go for surgery they allowed The Undertaker to do the same and began building Rock/Triple H.
That would've been great. If they'd gone with that, do you think the Streak would have remained intact?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt9zbhgZAW1qmssh1o1_400.jpg
the modern myth is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Undertaker question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the modern myth View Post
That would've been great. If they'd gone with that, do you think the Streak would have remained intact?
that is actually a tough question to answer, the streak only became a gimmick and something talked about during it's run in 2001 against HHH and really became a hit thing afterwards when he faced Flair. Ross only slightly mentinoed it in commentary but nothing really noted about it. So I dont think coming into wrestlemania the writters would have gone "Taker to win hands down we gotta keep his streak in tact".

I've also heard rumors that he was meant to face the Big Show at Wrestlemania after their Unholy Alliance implodes.

That Guy is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
dave 1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Undertaker question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
that is actually a tough question to answer, the streak only became a gimmick and something talked about during it's run in 2001 against HHH and really became a hit thing afterwards when he faced Flair. Ross only slightly mentinoed it in commentary but nothing really noted about it. So I dont think coming into wrestlemania the writters would have gone "Taker to win hands down we gotta keep his streak in tact".

I've also heard rumors that he was meant to face the Big Show at Wrestlemania after their Unholy Alliance implodes.
I heard that as well which was before Stone Cold Steve Austin had to go for surgery and WWE were going backward and forwards on whether to do Austin/Rock in a big babyface vs babyface match or Austin/Triple H in the top babyface vs top heel match. WrestleMania 16 had so much potential for it looking back at late 1999 with Benoit/Angle/Jericho, Edge and Christian/The Hardys/The Dudley Boys and a mixture of Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, Mick Foley and Triple H all involved but it turned out to be a horrible PPV.

dave 1981 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,678
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Undertaker question.

He was injured so he couldn't be apart of the rumble PPV. He was supposed to be in a fatal four way..
James Curran is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 PM
THE ONE.
 
YoungGun_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 5,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Undertaker question.

Their lucky that they didn't do Austin/Rock at 16, it would have been big but a rematch from the year prior would make it too soon and the extra year wait helped as Rock became an even bigger star than they imagined.

YoungGun_UK is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
dave 1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Undertaker question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun_UK View Post
Their lucky that they didn't do Austin/Rock at 16, it would have been big but a rematch from the year prior would make it too soon and the extra year wait helped as Rock became an even bigger star than they imagined.
That's why i've always believed that the plan was to Austin/Triple H and that was why Triple H had spent the previous months going over Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley and The Big Show before Mick Foley one on one as that would have made Triple H believable as the uber heel going into WrestleMania 16 to face Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WWE title. I read many times before that the Rock/Triple H mega feud in 2000 was meant for Austin/Triple H before Stone Cold Steve Austin had no choice but to go for surgery on his neck but i guess as great as that would have been everything worked out brilliantly in the end.

dave 1981 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
Vic Capri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Undertaker question.

He had a groin injury IIRC.

- Vic



August 17, 2014
The Greatest Night In The History Of Our Sport!
Vic Capri is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 11:23 AM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Undertaker question.

The plan for WM16 from May 1999 was always Rock/Austin 2 at WM in a mega babyface vs mega babyface match, Rock as the Rumble winner, Austin as the WWF champion, Rock getting his win back. There was also a big talk to turn Austin heel in October 99 because Rock was so hot but Austin was out for the neck surgery the next month. Austin/HHH was never the plan at any point for WM16, they already wrestled plenty of times on RAW in 99 and had a PPV match in October.
Rock316AE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome