Originally Posted by Trouble Trouble
They don't even have an actual location for the HOF. We are the only ones who complain about certain guys getting inducted and some not getting inducted. Why do you think so many wrestlers speak out against it? It doesn't certify you as a real legend in wrestling.
The Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame in New York is the one that truly matters. You don't see actors or lifetime mid card/jobbers getting inducted. You want find any Hollywood actors in that HOF but instead, a variety of guys who truly contributed to making wrestling what it is today.
1. Do you really need a physical building? That's not even an important part of it, its about appreciation that's all. He could not give a fuck and then people would complain about Vince not giving a fuck.
2. The WWE HOF is NOT FOR FANS
its for the wrestlers, plenty of whom accept.
3. I guess by actors you mean Drew Carey who actually entered a match
its called a "celebrity wing". Thick skulls refuse to hear those two words: CELEBRITY WING
4. Celebrities helped the WWE throughout its history so of course there is a celebrity wing. You know how many celebrities were involved with Wrestlemania and other events over the years?
5. "Lifetime midcarders/jobbers" ...yawn. Wrestling is fixed...I know its not still real to you. People who became "lifetime jobbers" probably because they were good at jobbing which is essential to building superstars...I guess that's not "making wrestling what it is today".
6. Johnny Rodz trained The Dudley Boyz & Raven (IIRC) so you mean he didn't contribute to the business because he's a jobber? Stop it 5.
7. You will find a "variety of guys" in WWE's too. The aforementioned Celebrity Wing is for non-wrestlers who helped the WWE (and to an extension wrestling in general) throughout the years. There are color commentators, ring announcers, even rival promoters in WWE's HOF what more do you want?
8. No disrespect to the PWHOF but the WWE is the biggest wrestling company in history for the most part. They have the ability to educate casuals on guys they normally wouldn't give a fuck about.
Honestly do you think the casual American kid knows who Nick Bockwinkel is? How about Mil Mascaras? Chances are they don't and even bigger chance is they don't care. Their parents probably don't care either.
Nobody is falling all over themselves to honor professional wrestlers, they should appreciate ANYONE that looks to do so. Sure some complain but hey, they are human beings and humans can find flaws in everything.
9. Nothing "certifies" anyone as a wrestling legend. Being put in a HOF nobody knows about (meaning casuals) surely doesn't help your argument.
Its not a flawless system of election and some would say its not a fair system but to say "it doesn't mean anything" is blatantly false.
Now this topic is about Rick Rude and because he's one of my all time favs I won't misdirect this topic further by quibbling over WWE's HOF.