Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum - Page 15 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 1290 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waiting for the Rapture
Posts: 3,861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

I love the Kennedy bashing threads. Its fucking mint when his fanboys get all wound up and angry
CM_Jobber is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 1290 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
copy of a copy of a
 
Tarfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikstans07 View Post
Well actually, I'm pretty damn sure indy style wrestling has more fans. Don't go crazy, I'll explain.

Indy wrestling fans watch WWE/TNA because it's there to watch, they go to WWE/TNA events because they're there to go to. Ask them if they like WWE or TNA and they'll say "fuck them, I'd rather be going to ROH shows, but they never come to my town." They are still considered "fans" though because they pay for the product.

Then there are the indy wrestling fans all over the world that refuse to watch, pay for, or even pay attention to WWE or TNA. They're wrestling fans.

WWE/TNA fans watch WWE/TNA because they either have never heard of independent wrestling, they are little kids, they are older people that grew up with WWF, or they just think that WWE and TNA are the only wrestling companies in the world. You'd be hard-pressed to find someone (someone that appreciates the actual wrestling that is) that watches WWE or TNA and comes across ROH and doesn't jump ship to watching indy wrestling.

So to sum it all up.

Indy fans = Large amount of WWE/TNA fans + Exclusive indy fans
Sports Entertainment fans = The rest

There are FAR, FAR, FAR more independent promotions in the world than there are promotions like WWE or TNA, so to even question the amount of fans each style has is crazy.
Best post I've read in a while. Damn, erikstans, you just became my best friend I've never even met.

Not much to add here, but I haven't been browsing the WWE section in a while, due to all the reasons Cat brought up. But sometimes I go there by random, possibly find a rarely good thread, read it through, and leave the place alone for another few months... or until I find something worth reading again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdude View Post
smarks like to suckle from the diseased milk of Ric Flair's sagging tits
Tarfu is offline  
post #143 of 1290 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Seb
SMILEY GOD
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Penguin
Posts: 15,576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikstans07 View Post
The wrestlers that you guys are fans of would despise your opinions on the performance-sport of professional wrestling. Believe it or not, a wrestling match is supposed to be thought provoking, as they are in the independents, where it's considered professional wrestling. WWE makes a mockery of the sport and turns it into a soap opera. It's supposed to consist of athleticism, mat-wrestling skills, chain wrestling, and excitement. Instead in WWE most of the time, you get punches, punches, chops, suplex, dropkick, spinebuster, punches, punches, finisher. The matches are mindless (mind you, there are exceptions once or MAYBE twice a week).
No it isn't.

A wrestling match is supposed to draw in fans and make money. That's what Pro Wrestling, Sports Entertainment, or however you want to dress it up as, is for. That's all that matters. Wrestling isn't a sport, it's a business. That's why the WWE is the biggest, the most popular, (and also the best) pro wrestling promotion around. That's also why John Cena is better than Bryan Danielson and all the other indy wrestlers who would bite at the chance of a WWE contract.

Having actual storylines and engaging feuds doesn't make it a soap opera either. The quality of PPV's over the last year or so has been fantastic in the WWE, and there have been five or six fantastic feuds to boot.

Last edited by Seb; 04-01-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Seb is offline  
post #144 of 1290 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 11:46 AM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
M.S.I.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 9,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

Or you could come to the TNA section, filled with creativity and mature ad-ults.


Visualizing the realism of life and actuality
Fuck who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is, money orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it
M.S.I.I. is offline  
post #145 of 1290 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Cinderella Man
 
AMPLine4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Retired With Chuck Liddell
Posts: 9,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role Model View Post
I remember when I, yes I, posted in the DVD thread alongside Cali, good times.
Remember when Holt made a rant on the wrestling sections being shit and it led to a two week revival of the sections?

Ben. We're old

*Insert Jennifer Lawrence/Taylor Swift Sig Made By iZac (plz) Here*
Thoughts From The Man Cave | Twitter
AMPLine4Life is offline  
post #146 of 1290 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
 
erikstans07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
No it isn't.

A wrestling match is supposed to draw in fans and make money. That's what Pro Wrestling, Sports Entertainment, or however you want to dress it up as, is for. That's all that matters. Wrestling isn't a sport, it's a business. That's why the WWE is the biggest, the most popular, (and also the best) pro wrestling promotion around. That's also why John Cena is better than Bryan Danielson and all the other indy wrestlers who would bite at the chance of a WWE contract.

Having actual storylines and engaging feuds doesn't make it a soap opera either. The quality of PPV's over the last year or so has been fantastic in the WWE, and there have been five or six fantastic feuds to boot.
Your whole post goes to shit when you say that.

Ric Flair would drop all of you on your asses.

I can't believe I'm hearing all this. Fuckin ridiculous.
erikstans07 is offline  
post #147 of 1290 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Seb
SMILEY GOD
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Penguin
Posts: 15,576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

Ric Flair actually drew money.

Wrestling is a business. Time to get that into your head. Whether or not you think Bryan Danielson has more 'technical skill' than John Cena is irrelevant, because John Cena makes more money. Therefore, John Cena is a more successful pro wrestler than Bryan Danielson. Way to ignore the rest of the post, though. Your elitist crap about WWE not being 'Pro-Wrestling' is laughable as well. No form of wrestling is an actual sport, it's an entertainment-based business.
Seb is offline  
post #148 of 1290 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Keep you lovin' brother happy
 
Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: A pavement in Glasgow with alcohol poisioning
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

You rthing about them all biting for contracts is invalid, esspecially with you name dropping Danielson.

He's turned down a WWE contract twice.


Craig is offline  
post #149 of 1290 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Gin
#German
 
Gin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

This thread could actually bring in some WWE-posters. Let the rape begin!


KC
Gin is offline  
post #150 of 1290 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Seb
SMILEY GOD
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Penguin
Posts: 15,576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
You rthing about them all biting for contracts is invalid, esspecially with you name dropping Danielson.

He's turned down a WWE contract twice.
I knew someone would bring that up. It was a generalization. You would be naive to think most independent wrestlers wouldn't jump at the chance of wrestling for a mainstream promotion.
Seb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome