I've never hated a presidential candidate more than..... - Page 17 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 

Old 02-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #161 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
thatdambgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,961
thatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missed
Default Re: I've never hated a presidential candidate more than.....

Is it's Obama vs Mccain, its about even, if it's Hilary vs McCain, that seals it for McCain. Don't see how anyone could honestly think McCain is an underdog, or because he's a Republican he has no chance, quite laughable to be honest.
thatdambgood is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-10-2008, 12:13 AM   #162 (permalink)
Fitting In On Impact
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,560
Ill Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friends
Default Re: I've never hated a presidential candidate more than.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdambgood View Post
Don't see how anyone could honestly think McCain is an underdog, or because he's a Republican he has no chance, quite laughable to be honest.
I love how my post completely explained why McCain, or any Republican, won't win, yet you go on to claim that you "don't see how" anyone could think that. Disagree and/or call me delusional if you want, but to say you don't see how anyone could possibly think what I think means you're being ignorant.

In the possible scenario of having two male candidates running, one of the being Democrat and one of them being Republican doesn't automatically make this "about even". I truly believe partisanship will play a smaller role in this election than any past election. Sure there are people who will vote along party lines no matter what (there's a term for those people--idiots), and both parties have about the same number of that type of voter. But then there are the people who actually use their brains and consider the effect that their vote might have. The majority of these people want to bring the troops home sooner rather than later (comparatively, McCain is quoted as saying that he wouldn't mind being in Iraq for another 100 years), hence, they will vote Democrat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Regal
Referring to Jillian Hall's singing: "I should change tonight's main event to Roe vs. Wade, because that was an abortion."
Ill Will is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 06:15 AM   #163 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
thatdambgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,961
thatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missedthatdambgood probably won't be missed
Default Re: I've never hated a presidential candidate more than.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Will View Post
I love how my post completely explained why McCain, or any Republican, won't win, yet you go on to claim that you "don't see how" anyone could think that. Disagree and/or call me delusional if you want, but to say you don't see how anyone could possibly think what I think means you're being ignorant.

In the possible scenario of having two male candidates running, one of the being Democrat and one of them being Republican doesn't automatically make this "about even". I truly believe partisanship will play a smaller role in this election than any past election. Sure there are people who will vote along party lines no matter what (there's a term for those people--idiots), and both parties have about the same number of that type of voter. But then there are the people who actually use their brains and consider the effect that their vote might have. The majority of these people want to bring the troops home sooner rather than later (comparatively, McCain is quoted as saying that he wouldn't mind being in Iraq for another 100 years), hence, they will vote Democrat.


You kinda just proved my point, most people(the ones I know, if anyone has different people they know fill me in on this) vote on the PERSON, not the politics, which is exactly why your argument is void, do you really think people will look at him and say "Well he wanted to stay in Iraq so I'm not going to vote for him"...not a chance, they'll say "Well he wants to stay in Iraq, but I like him, so I'll vote for him"...like YOU said, some people vote along party lines, and most(again, the ones I know) vote on how much they actually like the person, hence why him wanting to stay in Iraq will only affect how the Democrats attack him, nothing more.
thatdambgood is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #164 (permalink)
Fitting In On Impact
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,560
Ill Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friends
Default Re: I've never hated a presidential candidate more than.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdambgood View Post
You kinda just proved my point, most people(the ones I know, if anyone has different people they know fill me in on this) vote on the PERSON, not the politics
So apparently, the only people you know are a very small minority who vote on "the person". Unfortunately, the majority of Americans vote straight ticket, with the remainder making informed, independent decisions based on the issues this country is being faced with ("the politics" as you put it). This fact is confirmed year after year by opinion polls, and by how people actually vote. I don't know, or know of anyone who votes on "the person".
Quote:
which is exactly why your argument is void
So my argument is void because you've had very limited social experiences?
Quote:
do you really think people will look at him and say "Well he wanted to stay in Iraq so I'm not going to vote for him"
...um, yes?

The majority of people won't think like that. As I've said a couple times now, most people will vote along party lines, but because there is about an even amount of straight ticket voters for each party, it's the people who actually take time to think about what they are doing who will decide the election.
Quote:
...not a chance, they'll say "Well he wants to stay in Iraq, but I like him, so I'll vote for him"
lol, maybe that's what you'll do, or these people who you claim to know, but everyone else will be voting based either on where he stands on the issues and what type of president he will be, or on which party they are registered under.

Quote:
...like YOU said, some people vote along party lines, and most(again, the ones I know) vote on how much they actually like the person,
How do you just assume that most people in the country will vote exactly like most people you know? There's obviously a big difference between most people you know and most people in this country. I urge you to read a news paper, listen to the radio, visit a news website, or watch a news station every once and a while (not Fox News though) so you can see that in fact "most" people vote along party lines, while a small, formidable amount people vote on a candidate because they like him. It's not the other way around as you are saying.

Quote:
hence why him wanting to stay in Iraq will only affect how the Democrats attack him, nothing more.
Believe it or not (obviously you don't), Democrats aren't the only ones not wanting to stay in Iraq. An overwhelming majority of people in this country, as well as good number of Republican politicians even, realize a need to work toward getting out of Iraq. John McCain isn't one of them. All opinions and political views aside, simple logic will tell you that people aren't going to vote for someone who wants to do the complete opposite of what they want.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Regal
Referring to Jillian Hall's singing: "I should change tonight's main event to Roe vs. Wade, because that was an abortion."
Ill Will is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #165 (permalink)
Twitter n Grapes
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,943
Roger needs to make some friendsRoger needs to make some friendsRoger needs to make some friendsRoger needs to make some friendsRoger needs to make some friendsRoger needs to make some friendsRoger needs to make some friendsRoger needs to make some friends
Default Re: I've never hated a presidential candidate more than.....

If mcmcain wins, i guess we can begin talking about the 2nd ever 100 years war
__________________
none
Roger is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #166 (permalink)
That is why it's called organized crime.
 
KingCrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 12,938
KingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whoreKingCrash is a rep whore
Default Re: I've never hated a presidential candidate more than.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Will View Post
The majority of people won't think like that. As I've said a couple times now, most people will vote along party lines, but because there is about an even amount of straight ticket voters for each party, it's the people who actually take time to think about what they are doing who will decide the election.
Or they'll vote for and against Obama because he's black and because Hillary's a woman. Just as many stupid people as smart will vote in this election and there's no telling who they'll vote for or the "logic" behind it. Where I work I actually heard two people talking about who they were going to vote for and one of them said he wouldn't vote for Obama because he was behind the 9/11 attacks.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Kingston
....It's like watching Lost and getting angry at the end. "Fuck I've been watching this show for six years and it turned out to be the bullshit thing I thought it would be!"
KingCrash is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #167 (permalink)
Throwing Punches in Bunches
 
Boss Holt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In California making part black, part Hispanic, part French babies with Jessica Alba.
Posts: 12,382
Boss Holt is probably liked by SeabsBoss Holt is probably liked by SeabsBoss Holt is probably liked by SeabsBoss Holt is probably liked by SeabsBoss Holt is probably liked by SeabsBoss Holt is probably liked by SeabsBoss Holt is probably liked by SeabsBoss Holt is probably liked by SeabsBoss Holt is probably liked by SeabsBoss Holt is probably liked by SeabsBoss Holt is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: I've never hated a presidential candidate more than.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrash View Post
Or they'll vote for and against Obama because he's black and because Hillary's a woman. Just as many stupid people as smart will vote in this election and there's no telling who they'll vote for or the "logic" behind it. Where I work I actually heard two people talking about who they were going to vote for and one of them said he wouldn't vote for Obama because he was behind the 9/11 attacks.
I encountered a similar person at my job too. No wonder they say don't talk politics or religion at work
__________________

Boss Holt is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #168 (permalink)
Fitting In On Impact
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,560
Ill Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friendsIll Will needs to make some friends
Default Re: I've never hated a presidential candidate more than.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrash View Post
Or they'll vote for and against Obama because he's black and because Hillary's a woman. Just as many stupid people as smart will vote in this election and there's no telling who they'll vote for or the "logic" behind it. Where I work I actually heard two people talking about who they were going to vote for and one of them said he wouldn't vote for Obama because he was behind the 9/11 attacks.
No, they'll definitely be more stupid people.

idk why, but the concept of the word "majority", and of traditional party alignments, seems to be lost on a couple of people in this thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Regal
Referring to Jillian Hall's singing: "I should change tonight's main event to Roe vs. Wade, because that was an abortion."
Ill Will is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #169 (permalink)
The Porn Master At Your Service
 
PF69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little Rhody
Posts: 8,034
PF69 is a HOF inducteePF69 is a HOF inducteePF69 is a HOF inducteePF69 is a HOF inducteePF69 is a HOF inducteePF69 is a HOF inducteePF69 is a HOF inducteePF69 is a HOF inducteePF69 is a HOF inducteePF69 is a HOF inducteePF69 is a HOF inductee
Default Re: I've never hated a presidential candidate more than.....

I think that John McCain has a shot against either Hillary or Obama. But if I am him, I rather face Hillary because he will get a lot of the independent votes, which will help him out a lot. He was getting them in the republican party presidential primaries. Plus, he will get the senior vote and Hillary getting the women's vote and both of them spliting the youth vote. But if he faces Obama, they will split the independent votes, since both of them were getting them in their presidential primaries. And Obama would get the women and youth vote while McCain would get the senior vote. I think that he would just do a better job against Hillary than he would Obama.
__________________
The Stache Is Back
PF69 is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #170 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 791
datboiwes needs to take rep more seriousdatboiwes needs to take rep more seriousdatboiwes needs to take rep more seriousdatboiwes needs to take rep more seriousdatboiwes needs to take rep more seriousdatboiwes needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: I've never hated a presidential candidate more than.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn Freak View Post
I think that John McCain has a shot against either Hillary or Obama. But if I am him, I rather face Hillary because he will get a lot of the independent votes, which will help him out a lot. He was getting them in the republican party presidential primaries. Plus, he will get the senior vote and Hillary getting the women's vote and both of them spliting the youth vote. But if he faces Obama, they will split the independent votes, since both of them were getting them in their presidential primaries. And Obama would get the women and youth vote while McCain would get the senior vote. I think that he would just do a better job against Hillary than he would Obama.

I hope he doesn't do well at all.

He being McCain, of course.
datboiwes is offline  
 



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios