Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/)
-   Classic Rants (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/classic-rants/)
-   -   What's another year? (http://www.wrestlingforum.com/classic-rants/380123-whats-another-year.html)

MrJesus 08-24-2007 02:27 PM

What's another year?
 
Johnny Logan didn't know.

Happy Anniversary to me. My first WF birthday. With that, I would like to raise some points of contention.

Cali got banned for a bullshit reason. I am taking this oppertunity to invite the ban happy person to show themselves. I only ask, because in a time when staff are being asked to be more lenient, banning someone for posting a review in an informal conversation where ownership was neither intended nor attributed seems pretty fucking retarded.

The servers still suck cock. Statistically, over 95% of websites are faster than us. And pretty much all of them have the search function. Yeah, I know it's not the mods problem, but it pisses me off.

The WOW section. If it counts towards your post count for saying 8.5/10(A fair rating would be 8, but you gotta add the .5 for the 5 character rule. Notice how many women have gone up .5 lately?), surely it should count towards it when you're having an indepth discussion in rants. You have people racing to 5000 points (I'm looking at you Rusty) by spamming the hell out of the section. Why is post count turned on there? Look at the sections it is off in. And it is on there. You simply cannot argue that the posts in there are more worthy of a hard earned +1 post count than others. Yes, rants might have a load of spam. WOW is nothing but spam, bar the opening post.

The call out thread was awesome. It needs to be brought back.

Make memberships more attractive. The rep bonus was a great incentive. Why not keep it going? Why not make the VIP section desirable? Turn on the arcade in VIP. Give bonus rep to anyone who buys a new membership. You want to entice members? Let members rant on the staff in VIP without getting banned. Do something.

Originality. This goes to everyone. Try something new. What recent memorable threads are there? You've got the gif threads. Awesome. You've got WWF/Battle Royal (which are good ideas, but only seem better because of the banality surrounding them.

The 1,000,000 thread is awful.

Contrary to popular opinion, it IS possible to have a couple of tabs of the same site open at the same time. I know, I was shocked too. I fail to see how someone gets slandered because of consistent posting in TTT. Guess what, I have that thread open right now! Yet how am I posting this!? Surely you cant post in two places at once!? Why posting in TTT while scrolling the site is viewed upon as drinking and driving is beyond me.

2007 joinees have been pretty shit overall. What's up with that?

The following people may or may not be twats. Who's who? Iono.

AMP
WCW
MAC
David
Rajah
Holt
Porn Freak
Mystery
Ballofice
Diesel
Role Model
Tom
BIE
Failing Satire
Nolo King
Catalanotto
Rusty

Happy anniversary MrMonty.

Role Model 08-24-2007 02:33 PM

Re: What's another year?
 
Bloody good show old bean.

DDMac 08-24-2007 02:40 PM

Re: What's another year?
 
I'm relatively certain TTT is just a Beg for Rep/Spam thread and therefore everyone who posts in it is worthless.

tbh.

AMPLine4Life 08-24-2007 02:40 PM

Re: What's another year?
 
I'm first on Monty's list, thus making me better than you.

Only thing I don't agree with is the no mention of Monty's Drunken Tavern. How I can disagree with something not on the list seems impossible but X is for AMPLine4Life after all.

Platt 08-24-2007 02:41 PM

Re: What's another year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMonty

The WOW section. If it counts towards your post count for saying 8.5/10(A fair rating would be 8, but you gotta add the .5 for the 5 character rule. Notice how many women have gone up .5 lately?), surely it should count towards it when you're having an indepth discussion in rants. You have people racing to 5000 points (I'm looking at you Rusty) by spamming the hell out of the section. Why is post count turned on there? Look at the sections it is off in. And it is on there. You simply cannot argue that the posts in there are more worthy of a hard earned +1 post count than others. Yes, rants might have a load of spam. WOW is nothing but spam, bar the opening post.

Completely agree on that one and im also going to add that imo Currently Listening should be in a section with no post count either. There certain people on this site have more posts in that one thread than they have on the rest of the site combined. Similar to the people who only post in the WOW section or at least post a vast amount of times in there. Certain ones who used to do the same in the media section before that was turned off but suddenly stopped posting once it didn't count.

Quote:

The call out thread was awesome. It needs to be brought back.
Don't remember this to be honest but it sounds fun.

Quote:

Make memberships more attractive. The rep bonus was a great incentive. Why not keep it going? Why not make the VIP section desirable? Turn on the arcade in VIP. Give bonus rep to anyone who buys a new membership. You want to entice members? Let members rant on the staff in VIP without getting banned. Do something.
Another good point maybe its time we did do that again, but that ones up to the admins.

Quote:

Contrary to popular opinion, it IS possible to have a couple of tabs of the same site open at the same time. I know, I was shocked too. I fail to see how someone gets slandered because of consistent posting in TTT. Guess what, I have that thread open right now! Yet how am I posting this!? Surely you cant post in two places at once!? Why posting in TTT while scrolling the site is viewed upon as drinking and driving is beyond me.
For every person doing that though there is alot who for lack of a better word live in that thread.

Quote:

2007 joinees have been pretty shit overall. What's up with that?
Pass

Quote:

The following people may or may not be twats. Who's who? Iono.

AMP
WCW
MAC
David
Rajah
Holt
Porn Freak
Mystery
Ballofice
Diesel
Role Model
Tom
BIE
Failing Satire
Nolo King
Catalanotto
Rusty
Guess im a tweener then neither twat nor non-twat

Spiked. 08-24-2007 02:42 PM

Re: What's another year?
 
Nice post.

I think the Raw Discussion is the most spammed thread on the forum every week. Most of the posts are "Raw is starting." or "Here comes Booker." People post as no one else is watching the show, or that everyone else is blind.

That's just my 2 cents.

Simmo™ 08-24-2007 02:45 PM

Re: What's another year?
 
WOO GOOD READ!

mikeie 08-24-2007 02:50 PM

Re: What's another year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMonty
Cali got banned for a bullshit reason. I am taking this oppertunity to invite the ban happy person to show themselves. I only ask, because in a time when staff are being asked to be more lenient, banning someone for posting a review in an informal conversation where ownership was neither intended nor attributed seems pretty fucking retarded.

He'll be back tomorrow night sometime...

Quote:

The servers still suck cock. Statistically, over 95% of websites are faster than us. And pretty much all of them have the search function. Yeah, I know it's not the mods problem, but it pisses me off.
Everyone hates it.

Quote:

The WOW section. If it counts towards your post count for saying 8.5/10(A fair rating would be 8, but you gotta add the .5 for the 5 character rule. Notice how many women have gone up .5 lately?), surely it should count towards it when you're having an indepth discussion in rants. You have people racing to 5000 points (I'm looking at you Rusty) by spamming the hell out of the section. Why is post count turned on there? Look at the sections it is off in. And it is on there. You simply cannot argue that the posts in there are more worthy of a hard earned +1 post count than others. Yes, rants might have a load of spam. WOW is nothing but spam, bar the opening post.
If post count is off in Media, why should it be on there? It's even more spam then T4, tbh.

Quote:

2007 joinees have been pretty shit overall. What's up with that?
I've noticed that as well, 2007 appears to be a bad year.

Happy anniversary on the forum, btw.

bruteshot74 08-24-2007 02:59 PM

Re: What's another year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Platt
Certain ones who used to do the same in the media section before that was turned off but suddenly stopped posting once it didn't count.

Like you eh :rolleyes:

mikeie 08-24-2007 02:59 PM

Re: What's another year?
 
osht.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2