WEForums - Page 12 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 

Old 10-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #111 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 30
rdlviper has DAT HEATrdlviper has DAT HEATrdlviper has DAT HEATrdlviper has DAT HEAT
Default Open Letter to Nitemare and WEforums

First, I would like to thank all of you, including Nitemare, for your support over the past months, and years. You have been extremely valuable to the site, and we appreciate your hardwork. In no way would we ever wish to compromise that.

Second, Weforums has been a very exciting project for us. We love the site, and although its going through some growing pains, we do see the light at the end of the tunnel.

A few facts:

- Since Amish sold us the site, the traffic on the site has tripled. We are now serving over 25,000 unique visitors per day. This is a huge amount of traffic, and its difficult to control. The more involved members get, they add signatures, avatars, and all sorts of other things that raise bandwidth and server load, and increasing costs.

- We have upgraded the servers 3 times since we took over the site to keep its traffic growth going. This site has an incredible growth rate, and its hard to keep up sometimes. Just about a week ago we had to split the webserver and the database server (there are now 2 servers) which obviously costs big dollars. And then just today, we had to upgrade the database server again! We are trying to keep up with the growth as quickly as possible.

- We have not yet done anything to make more money off the site. We were waiting for the re-design, and domain name change before we did the 'money' part. I like to think of it as a fair-trade.

- in terms of the new template, we have a design nearly complete. We just finished the implementation of our first new design over at www.baseballforum.com - this week we are finishing up HockeyForum.com, and then hopefully within 10 business days from today, we will have the new WrestlingForum.com design live.

- In terms of why we aren't using the new domain "wrestlingforum.com" instead of "weforums.com" ... We have been nervous about the effect on search engine rankings. Those of you familiar with SEO know that changing your domain can have radical and damaging effects on your search engine positioning. Is it worth losing 5,000 visitors per day? We know we want to do it eventually, we just want to make sure we are prepared.

Overall, we apologize for our own struggles. But, I think this 'blow up' is just on-time, because we were so close to our changes anyways. Thank goodness this all didn't come down 2 months ago. Based on where we are at today, I think you will all be very happy campers by the end of the month!!

Finally, Weforums is not our largest forum, nor is it the smallest. We have sites doing 5x more traffic, and some doing 1/10th the traffic. We do have some challenges with various hacks, mods, and rules (sigs, avatars, etc.) and we are working to come up with solutions. We look forward to serving you better in the future.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
rdlviper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #112 (permalink)
F*ck Macauley Culkin, never going home alone.
 
Childish Gambino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,643
Childish Gambino probably won't be missedChildish Gambino probably won't be missedChildish Gambino probably won't be missedChildish Gambino probably won't be missedChildish Gambino probably won't be missedChildish Gambino probably won't be missedChildish Gambino probably won't be missedChildish Gambino probably won't be missedChildish Gambino probably won't be missedChildish Gambino probably won't be missedChildish Gambino probably won't be missed
Default Re: WEForums

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM SlaM
Well...RedSox, lives in the same state as me. I'll try contacting him and see if he'll rob a bank. He's a nutjob afterall...why wouldn't he?

If he gets away with it, I'll trade him some make believe dubloons (you know, the one's with the chocolate inside) for $55,000. But I'll only fork it over if it means I get admin privs.

Then when all's said and done, I'll rat him out so he can't rejoin again for another 3-5.
I'll pitch in 100,000 neopoints.
__________________


Shady is a mastermind^
Childish Gambino is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #113 (permalink)
Jonathan Coachman
 
Ghetto Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,453
Ghetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friends
Default Re: Open Letter to Nitemare and WEforums

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlviper
First, I would like to thank all of you, including Nitemare, for your support over the past months, and years. You have been extremely valuable to the site, and we appreciate your hardwork. In no way would we ever wish to compromise that.

Second, Weforums has been a very exciting project for us. We love the site, and although its going through some growing pains, we do see the light at the end of the tunnel.

A few facts:

- Since Amish sold us the site, the traffic on the site has tripled. We are now serving over 25,000 unique visitors per day. This is a huge amount of traffic, and its difficult to control. The more involved members get, they add signatures, avatars, and all sorts of other things that raise bandwidth and server load, and increasing costs.

- We have upgraded the servers 3 times since we took over the site to keep its traffic growth going. This site has an incredible growth rate, and its hard to keep up sometimes. Just about a week ago we had to split the webserver and the database server (there are now 2 servers) which obviously costs big dollars. And then just today, we had to upgrade the database server again! We are trying to keep up with the growth as quickly as possible.

- We have not yet done anything to make more money off the site. We were waiting for the re-design, and domain name change before we did the 'money' part. I like to think of it as a fair-trade.

- in terms of the new template, we have a design nearly complete. We just finished the implementation of our first new design over at www.baseballforum.com - this week we are finishing up HockeyForum.com, and then hopefully within 10 business days from today, we will have the new WrestlingForum.com design live.

- In terms of why we aren't using the new domain "wrestlingforum.com" instead of "weforums.com" ... We have been nervous about the effect on search engine rankings. Those of you familiar with SEO know that changing your domain can have radical and damaging effects on your search engine positioning. Is it worth losing 5,000 visitors per day? We know we want to do it eventually, we just want to make sure we are prepared.

Overall, we apologize for our own struggles. But, I think this 'blow up' is just on-time, because we were so close to our changes anyways. Thank goodness this all didn't come down 2 months ago. Based on where we are at today, I think you will all be very happy campers by the end of the month!!

Finally, Weforums is not our largest forum, nor is it the smallest. We have sites doing 5x more traffic, and some doing 1/10th the traffic. We do have some challenges with various hacks, mods, and rules (sigs, avatars, etc.) and we are working to come up with solutions. We look forward to serving you better in the future.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
So did you read any of this god damn thread? You didn't even address the situation with Nitemare. Is he going to recieve anything he wants or are you going to let this site go further down the shitter?
__________________
Ghetto Anthony is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:44 PM   #114 (permalink)
Moron
 
Pac-o-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,103
Pac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new herePac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new herePac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new herePac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new herePac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new herePac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new herePac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new herePac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new herePac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new herePac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new herePac-o-Maniac better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Open Letter to Nitemare and WEforums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony
So did you read any of this god damn thread? You didn't even address the situation with Nitemare. Is he going to recieve anything he wants or are you going to let this site go further down the shitter?
Shhh... We are supposed to ignore that and be satisfied with his sad excuses, bullshit and considering what he/they did with Nitemare, possibly lies what he said.
Pac-o-Maniac is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #115 (permalink)
Jerichoholic
 
Cowie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,088
Cowie has made a name for themselvesCowie has made a name for themselvesCowie has made a name for themselvesCowie has made a name for themselvesCowie has made a name for themselvesCowie has made a name for themselvesCowie has made a name for themselvesCowie has made a name for themselvesCowie has made a name for themselvesCowie has made a name for themselvesCowie has made a name for themselves
Default Re: WEForums

Maybe it has been sorted out in the staff forum or via AIM or PM?
__________________
Witch on a broomstick
Cowie is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #116 (permalink)
Jonathan Coachman
 
Ghetto Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,453
Ghetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friends
Default Re: WEForums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-o-Maniac
Shhh... We are supposed to ignore that and be satisfied with his sad excuses, bullshit and considering what he/they did with Nitemare, possibly lies what he said.
It was a total decoy to make himself look like the good guy.
__________________

Last edited by Ghetto Anthony : 10-12-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Ghetto Anthony is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #117 (permalink)
I suck!
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,977
Chaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESSChaos was rejected by a GOD/GODDESS
Default Re: WEForums

Is it wise to be insulting an owner of this site?

Anyways, I'm glad that something is being done to help out this forum, but I still think that it will never be whole again until Nitemare gets his powers back. I mean Jesus, he built this place up and made it what it is today. Not you new owners. Why can't you just give to him what he rightfully deserves?

It doesn't do anyone any good to get this forum all built up with upgrades and such without dedicated staff members.

Or like Cowie said, this could of already been discussed. If that is the case then just ignore me.
Chaos is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #118 (permalink)
WWE Jobber
 
CMAngle33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,549
CMAngle33 is getting a pushCMAngle33 is getting a pushCMAngle33 is getting a pushCMAngle33 is getting a pushCMAngle33 is getting a pushCMAngle33 is getting a pushCMAngle33 is getting a pushCMAngle33 is getting a pushCMAngle33 is getting a pushCMAngle33 is getting a pushCMAngle33 is getting a push
Default Re: WEForums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash
You read how much VS paid for the site, right? Have you got that kind of money?
I was kidding dude.

But as for rdlviper, I must applaud you, you posted! Although, still, it's like Marcus said, what about Nitemare?
CMAngle33 is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #119 (permalink)
Jonathan Coachman
 
Ghetto Anthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,453
Ghetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friendsGhetto Anthony needs to make some friends
Default Re: WEForums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos™
Is it wise to be insulting an owner of this site?
An owner that visits once a month, and will likely never see my posts? I don't care.
__________________
Ghetto Anthony is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #120 (permalink)
The Unoriginator
 
Bubba T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 7,967
Bubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselvesBubba T has made a name for themselves
Default Re: WEForums

Your bickering will do nothing to help the situation.
Bubba T is offline  
 



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios