Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
Join Date: Aug 2013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Re: TNA 2013 - A New Man In Charge
- We get the normal opening and a shot of the Smith Spectrum in Logan Utah as the announcers welcome us and talk about last weeks show. They talk about how King Mo has requested some time to speak tonight and has been granted it then we get some hype for tonights main event between Jeff Jarrett and Ted DiBiase Jr. The announcers say it will be a huge test for Ted DiBiase Jr as he faces a former 10 time World Heavyweight Champion in Jeff Jarrett.
TNA Singles Match:
Homicide Vs Noam Dar
The announcers say we're going straight into in ring action tonight as Homicide makes his entrance and walks towards the ring with a bandana covering his mouth. He enters the ring and poses on the ropes as the crowd cheer for him. Next out is Kurt Angle's new protege Scotland's own Noam Dar. He jogs down to ringside high fiving fans at ringside before diving into the ring and posing on the top turnbuckle. The crowd cheer for him as he jumps down and stands off with Homicide. Referee Earl Hebner calls for the opening bell and we are underway.
Noam and Homicide lock up with Homicide quickly tossing Noam to the mat and posing to some heat from the audience. Noam slowly gets up, brushes himself off and attempts a takedown on Homicide. Homicide moves but Noam kicks Homicides legs out from underneath him and immediately grabs the arm locking in an armbar. Noam really wrenches it in as Homicide stands up and tosses Noam over the top rope. Noam lands on the apron and quickly attempts a springboard dropkick into the ring but Homicide moves causing Noam to crash and burn right in the middle of the ring.
Homicide quickly scoops Noam up and delivers a scoop slam in the middle of the ring before bouncing off the ropes and nailing a legdrop on him. Noam kicks out at two as Homicide picks him up again and nails a belly to belly suplex on Noam. Noam is covered again but again he manages to kick out at 2 as he argues a little with referee Earl Hebner. The announcers take the time to hype the Cop Killa finishing move as Homicide attempts the Cop Killa but Noam rolls him up earning himself a 2 count. Noam quickly gets to his feet and charges at Homicide before nailing him with a huge clothesline.
The match rages on as Homicide gets to his feet and is quickly hit with a rana. Homicide gets to his feet quickly and is nailed with a snap suplex right in the middle of the ring. Homicide grabs at his back in pain as Noam climbs to the top rope and waits for Homicide to rise. Homicide takes his time to rise but as soon as he turns around he's hit with a one legged missile dropkick off the top rope knocking Homicide down and out in the middle. Noam takes a few seconds to recover before covering Homicide for the one two and thr-NO! Homicide kicks out as the crowd heavily boo. Noam Dar can't believe it but he has no time to argue as Homicide charges at him which causes Noam to duck. Homicide comes flying off the ropes and is hit with a spinning forearm straight to the head of Homicide. Noam pins Homicide in the middle of the ring as Earl Hebner drops down and counts the one, two and three.
Noam Dar jumps to his feet after winning the match as JR, Mike Tenay and Taz put him over as a future superstar. Noam helps Homicide to his feet as Homicide raises Noam's hand and the two men hug. The announcers proclaim that Noam has now earned Homicide respect as we cut away.
Noam Dar defeated Homicide
- We cut to the back as Team Bischoff have arrived at the building and are quickly stopped by Jeremy Borash. King Mo and The All Night Express keep walking as Ted DiBiase Jr is asked about his match tonight with Jeff Jarrett. DiBiase Jr sighs and says that TNA management has thrown everything they can at him and he's overcome it. DiBiase Jr mentions his victories over Ken Shamrock, Mr Anderson and Sting and says tonight he will add Jeff Jarrett to that list. DiBiase Jr says after he beats Jarrett he's coming for Kurt Angle and the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. We cut to commercial as Bischoff and DiBiase Jr walk away.
- We return from commercial and get a recap video of the Stacy Keibler announcement that happened on TNA Showtime. They replay the video as the announcers talk about how next week Stacy Keibler will be on TNA Impact LIVE.
TNA Singles Match:
Alex Shelley Vs Jessie
We return to the ringside area as Jessie of the Bromans is warming up in the ring. Next, the music of Alex Shelley hits as he walks out with the TNA X-Division Championship around his waist and cockily struts towards the ring. Shelley takes the TNA X-Division Title off and poses on the top turnbuckle with it. The announcers take the time to put Shelley over and hype up his match for next week as the opening bell is called for by Brian Hebner.
Shelley and Jessie lock up in the middle of the ring as the two struggle for position. Shelley quickly locks in a front facelock as Jessie drives him into the corner and shoulders away at him multiple times. Shelley releases his grip as Jessie lifts him onto the top rope and attempts to climb up but Shelley kicks him in the face and dives off the ropes hitting him with a flying clothesline which gets a nice reaction from the crowd. Shelley attempts a pin but Jessie kicks out at only 1. Shelley quickly grabs a leg and locks in a leg lock as the crowd begins booing him for slowing the match down.
Shelley keeps the move locked in as Jessie eventually gets out of it and gets to his feet. He didn't remain their long however as Shelley kicked away at Jessie's leg until he collapsed in the ring. Shelley continued kicking away at the leg and working it over throughout the middle of the match with a variety of moves and holds. An STF was locked in as Jessie managed to crawl over to the bottom rope and break the hold. Shelley is in complete control of the match as Jessie cannot even stand up without the help of the ropes. As soon as Jessie gets to his feet he's hit with a chop block from behind by Shelley.
Shelley stomps away at the leg before quickly picking up the leg and locking in a One Legged Boston Crab. Jessie taps almost immediately as Shelley doesn't break the hold right away but eventually does. Shelley quickly grabs the X-Division Title, poses with it and rolls out of the ring before walking up the ramp as we cut to another commercial.
Alex Shelley defeated Jessie
- We return from commercial as the announcers talk about a video they have received from none other then "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles. The video airs as AJ is seated at home clearly injured. AJ starts by saying it's obvious he's still hurt from the Final Resolution match but that it won't stop him from fighting in the cage match at the January 2nd edition of Impact Wrestling. AJ talks about how he and Angle have been at eachothers throats for months now and come next Thursday night he will do WHATEVER it takes to regain his TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
- After the video we immediately cut to the backstage area where Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco are once again arguing with eachother. This time security storm the area before the two can fight eachother. Garrett Bischoff yells that he's going to talk to his dad about the two having a match at Genesis 2014. Brisco yells back that he'll kick Garrett's ass as we cut away.
TNA Tag Team Match:
Greg Marasciulo and Rob Terry Vs Team 3.D
We return to the ringside area as the announcers take a moment to discuss what just happened as Greg Marasciulo's music hits and he walks out along with Rob Terry. The two high five fans at ringside before entering the ring and posing to a small reaction from the audience. Next, the music of Team 3.D hits as Bully and Devon emerge from the backstage area. Mike Tenay immediately points out that both members of Team 3.D don't look happy at all as they enter the ring and casually warm up in their corner. Referee Brian Hebner calls for the opening bell and we are underway with this one.
Bully Ray and Marasciulo are starting this one as Bully immediately grabs Marasciulo and clubs him hard on the back knocking the young X-Division star to the mat. Bully kicks him in the head a couple times and yells at him before kicking him hard in the stomach. Marasciulo manages a tag to Rob Terry who gets a slight advantage over Bully Ray due to his size and scoop slams him in the middle of the ring but that success was to be short lived because Rob Terry attempted an elbow drop and Bully rolled out of the way managing to tag in his partner Devon who ran in and immediately attacked Rob Terry from behind.
Devon began working over Terry much like Bully did with a variety of strikes and moves that really limited what the big man could do. Terry did manage to fight back on Devon but whilst referee Brian Hebner was distracted Bully Ray entered the ring and knocked Terry down with a low blow. Devon attempted a cover but the Welshmen kicked out at just two to the joy of the crowd. Team 3.D continued taking turns working Terry over however using a variety of single and tag team moves to really exhaust Terry. The crowd were solidly against both Bully and Devon and came to life when Terry finally did knock Devon down and tag in Greg Marasciulo.
Marasciulo rushes in immediately hitting a shining wizard on Devon and attempting a pin but only earning himself a 2 count after Bully broke it up. Rob Terry begins delivering right hands to Bully Ray but Terry charges at Bully which ends up being a mistake as Bully lowers the ropes sending Terry to the floor. Referee Brian Hebner takes a moment to check Terry as Devon lowblows Marasciulo and lifts him up. Bully Ray is right there as Team 3.D deliver the 3.D right in the middle of the ring. Bully Ray rolls out of the ring as Devon covers for the one, two and three.
Post match Devon is clearly tired and rolls to the floor where he hugs Bully. The announcers talk about how fans can question the methods of Bully and Devon but they get the job done every time they step into the ring. Marasciulo and Terry recover in the ring as we cut to commercial break.
Team 3.D defeated Greg Marasciulo and Rob Terry
- We return from commercial as Jeremy Borash is standing by with Jeff Hardy and Manik. Borash asks Jeff Hardy about the heart break of losing their tag titles last week in the Impact Main Event. Hardy says it was rough to lose the World Tag Titles after just 4 days but that's how the business is. Manik begins talking about how Kazarian hit him in the head with the title belt and how everyone saw it. Manik says that he and Jeff are invoking their rematch clause for TNA Genesis 2014.
Jeremy Borash makes note that Team 3.D already have a match with Bad Influence on PPV as Jeff Hardy says he already spoke to Hulk Hogan about it and that at Genesis 2014 it will be Bad Influence Vs Jeff Hardy/Manik Vs Team 3.D in a triple threat tag match for the TNA World Tag Team Titles. The crowd cheer for this but suddenly Manik and Hardy are attacked from behind by none other then Team 3.D. The clearly infuriated Bully Ray and Devon yell about how this is an injustice as Manik gets tossed into the interview set. Team 3.D storm off as Hardy and Manik are left down and out backstage.
- We cut to the back where we find Chris Sabin warming up in the hallway of the arena. Suddenly on scene is TNA Television Champion Magnus. The two embrace and shake hands as Magnus says he wanted to just thank Chris Sabin for coming on board tonight and helping him out with his problem against Revolution X. Chris Sabin talks about how it's no issue because he respects Magnus and thinks he's "the present of the business" the two kiss eachothers ass for a little bit before we cut to the ringside area.
TNA Singles Match:
Mr Anderson Vs Robbie E
Robbie E's music plays as the other member of the Bromans walks out clearly annoying the audience who boo him and shout at him from their seats. Next, Kennedy's music hits and out he comes looking energetic and pumped up. He high fives some fans at ringside and charges into the ring but is immediately attacked by Robbie E. Referee Brian Stiffler calls for the bell and we are underway.
Robbie E stomps away at Anderson but Anderson soon manages to fight back using multiple right hands on the mid section of Robbie E and delivering a suplex on him. Anderson takes a moment to play to the crowd before locking in a camel clutch on Robbie E. Robbie eventually reverses this hold and charges at Anderson but is met with a clothesline knocking him down. Anderson again plays to the crowd and they cheer him whilst he stomps away at Robbie E and tosses him into the corner before nailing a slingshot suplex on Robbie. Robbie writhes around in pain on the mat as Anderson quickly looks to continue his dominance.
Robbie kicks Anderson low to a negative reaction from the audience. Robbie continues to work Anderson down using a variety of submission holds and dirty manevours. Robbie E knocks Anderson down with a superkick and taunts the audience as the announcers talk about how Robbie E should probably be trying to win the match instead of playing to the audience. Anderson gets to his feet as Robbie signals for the his neckbreaker finishing move. Robbie attempts the hold but Anderson fights out of it and starts delivering right hands to the face of Robbie E.
Robbie E ducks one of the right hands and attempts to deliver the Mic Check on Anderson but Anderson counters, kicks Robbie E in the stomach and nails the Mic Check right in the middle of the ring. Anderson covers Robbie as referee Stiffler drops down and counts the three count.
Anderson celebrates but JR immediately interrupts and says we have to cut to the back right now because something is going on in Hulk Hogan's office
Mr Anderson defeated Robbie E
- We cut to the back as a camera man rushes into Hulk Hogan's office. A table is turned upside down as security are holding back Team 3.D who are yelling at Hulk. Team 3.D yell something about "Tables, Ladders and Chairs" never being apart of the deal as Hulk sternly replies that he makes the rules. Hulk tells the team of security guards to get rid of Team 3.D as the announcers speculate on what exactly is going on.
- We cut to the back where the TNA World Tag Team Champions Bad Influence are giggling like little school girls after seeing what just happened on the monitor. Kazarian says to Daniels that Hardy and Manik are hurt whilst Team 3.D are way too angry to be able to concentrate on the match at Genesis. Daniels says that it will be an easy victory for them at Genesis and that they can continue to hold onto the World Tag Team Titles. We cut to commercial as the two members of Bad Influence sip a nearby martini
- We return from commercial as Austin Aries is backstage standing by with Jeremy Borash who asks him about the X-Division Title match at Final Resolution. Aries says it was tough to lose a big match like that and talks about how he would have loved to become the three time X-Division Title. Aries says he's looking at working his way back up the X-Division ladder and it all starts tonight with his match against Christopher Daniels.
TNA Singles Match:
Austin Aries Vs Christopher Daniels W/ Frankie Kazarian
The music of Bad Influence starts as both Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian emerge from the backstage area. The announcers go into hype mode for the triple threat tag team title match that we're going to see at Genesis 2014 as we get clips of Team 3.D running rampant through the backstage area tonight. Daniels enters the ring and plays to the crowd as they boo him. Austin Aries is out next as the crowd react for him in a big way with an "Aries" chant breaking out as he enters the ring and poses on the top turnbuckle. Referee Brian Stiffler checks both men are ready and calls for the bell.
The two immediately begin trading forearms in the middle of the ring as Daniels attempts an irish whip out of nowhere but has it reversed and is nailed with a flying forearm by Aries. Daniels rolls to the floor as Aries poses in the middle of the ring to a huge reaction from the audience. Kazarian encourages Daniels to go back in and fight and Daniels does but is quickly dropkicked down to the mat which causes him to roll out again. Aries stares down at Daniels on the floor as Daniels tries to call for time out but that isn't happening as Aries jumps to the floor and chases Daniels around ringside. Aries suddenly trips at ringside as the camera reveals that Frankie Kazarian stuck his leg out allowing Daniels to get the advantage.
Brian Stiffler threatens Kazarian that if anything else happens he's gone as Daniels smashes Aries head first into the ring post and tosses him back into the ring earning himself a 2 count. The crowd are solidly behind Aries here as Daniels nails a belly to back suplex on him earning himself yet another 2 count. Daniels tosses Aries over the top rope and distracts the referee as Kazarian drives Aries' head into the ring post. The match raged on with Daniels in complete control but after an attempted double team move goes wrong Daniels accidentally collides with Kazarian and knocks him off the apron as an exhausted Aries tries to get back into the match.
Daniels turns around as Aries nails him with multiple forearms and bounces off the ropes nailing him with a running forearm. Aries takes a moment to regain his composure and knocks Kazarian off the apron. Aries turns around as Daniels swings at him but misses. Aries turns Daniels around and attempts the Brainbuster but Daniels slips out and attempts a Death Valley Driver but Aries slips out the back and nails the Brainbuster out of nowhere. An exhausted Aries wasn't happy with just the Brainbuster though, he climbed to the top rope and nailed a 450 Splash for good measure and hooked the leg as referee Brian Stiffler counted the one, two and three.
After Austin Aries is announced as the winner he celebrates in the ring but suddenly the crowd erupt into boo's as Team 3.D rush down to the ring. Aries rolls out of the ring as Team 3.D grab Christopher Daniels and nail the 3.D on him. Kazarian enters the ring and is swiftly hit with the Bully Bomb as we cut to commercial break.
Austin Aries defeated Christopher Daniels W/ Frankie Kazarian
- We return from commercial break as Team 3.D are still in the ring with a microphone. Bully Ray begins speaking about how Team 3.D cannot sit around and deal with the injustice of being robbed of their tag team title match. Bully brags about taking out the other two teams and says he did it simply because he and Devon are mad. Devon now has the microphone and makes note that the Genesis match next month will be a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match. He says Team 3.D don't want to compete in that match and that they should not have to but they will, because they're the greatest tag team in the world and nobody can stop them.
- We cut to the back and Revolution X are walking towards the ring. Their match against Chris Sabin and TNA Television Champion Magnus is next and the announcers hype that up.
TNA Tag Team Match:
Chris Sabin and Magnus Vs Revolution X
Revolution X have the honor of the first entrance as they both walk out with a Mexican flag waving it on the ramp. This gets them a lot of heat from the audience as they smirk and walk down to the ring. The flag is set down in the corner as the two members of Revolution X warm up. Next, Chris Sabin and Magnus emerge from the back with Chris Sabin waving a big American flag to a massive reaction from the audience. Both Sabin and Magnus charge the ring as referee Brian Hebner calls for the opening bell.
Both teams start the match by brawling with Chris Sabin and Magnus getting the advantage. Revolution X are very quickly thrown to the floor as they gather themselves in front of the announce table. JR says we're going to go to commercial and we do. Once we come back Chavo Guerrero has Chris Sabin in a head lock in the middle of the ring. Sabin struggles to get out of it as Chavo gets Sabin to his feet but immediately tags in Anarquia who climbs to the top rope and double axe handles Sabin to the mat. Revolution X are quite vicious in their approach as Taz points out they seem a lot more focused than usual.
Revolution X continued taking turns tagging in and out and working over Sabin who was fading quickly in the ring. A number of double teams including suplexes and slams really had Sabin fade but everything went badly for Revolution X after an attempt at a double clothesline was ducked by Sabin and he hit a double clothesline of his own on both men. With all three men down Sabin began crawling slowly over to Magnus who was clapping his hands to get the crowd behind Sabin. Anarquia grabbed the leg of Sabin stopping him from tagging in Magnus but Sabin quickly nailed him with an enziguri and tagged in the young TNA Television Champion.
Magnus races in nailing right hands on both members of Revolution X and hitting Anarquia with a huge Samoan Drop. Anarquia rolls to the floor as Magnus turns around and is hit in the head with the Mexican flag pole. Referee Brian Hebner is distracted by the unconscious Anarquia on the floor as Sabin is also nailed in the stomach with the flag pole. Chavo tosses the flag to the side of the ring and covers Magnus as referee Brian Hebner turns around and counts the three count for Chavo Guerrero and awards him the big victory here on Impact!
Revolution X defeated Chris Sabin and Magnus
- Post match Anarquia pulls out a pair of handcuffs and cuffs Sabin to the turnbuckle as Chavo punches away at Magnus. Chavo is soon joined by Anarquia as we get a vicious 2 on 1 assault by Revolution X on Magnus. Magnus has his cut from Final Resolution opened up as Chavo waves the Mexican flag in the ring to a lot of heat from the audience. Sabin has now recovered and is trying to get free as Revolution X drape the Mexican flag over Magnus and slowly leave the ringside area for the backstage area. Our final shot is of an unconscious Magnus being assisted by referee Brian Hebner.
- We return from commercial as the announcers say that Mike Tenay has just gone backstage to grant King Mo's request of television time tonight. They hype a couple of PPV matches before saying that Tenay is now with King Mo backstage. We cut to Mike Tenay who is sitting down with King Mo in a private lockeroom. King Mo cockily smirks at the camera as Tenay says he's going to cut right to the chase and ask point blank why King Mo did what he did last week to Bobby Lashley. Mo laughs a little and says Bobby Lashley is an MMA wannabe who only returned to TNA because he couldn't make it in MMA.
King Mo says that Lashley is a disgrace to both pro wrestling and mixed martial arts. Mo says despite the fact that Lashley is a disgrace he's still a great professional wrestler and that Mo was brought in by Bischoff to deal with Lashley quickly. Mo says the time for talking is done, Mo proclaims that at Genesis he wants to face Bobby Lashley 1 on 1 inside the confines of a Mixed Martial Arts Cage. Mo says this isn't going to be a pro wrestling match but instead it will be a Shoot Fight. Mo says he eagerly awaits Lashley's response as we cut away.
TNA Singles Match:
Jeff Jarrett W/ Karen Jarrett Vs Ted DiBiase Jr W/ Eric Bischoff
The announcers hype this huge main event as Ted DiBiase Jr's music hits as he walks out with Eric Bischoff behind him. DiBiase enters the ring and poses on the top turnbuckle as the crowd give him a negative reaction. Bischoff applauds DiBiase as the two wait in the corner for Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett's music blasts through the arena as he and Karen emerge from the backstage area to a big pop from the audience. Jarrett raises his guitar in the air as some pyro explodes from the ramp. He walks down to the ring and enters the ring as he threatens to swing his Guitar at DiBiase Jr who bails to the floor. Jarrett poses a little, is checked for weapons by Earl Hebner and the bell is called for as soon as DiBiase Jr enters the ring.
The two begin brawling immediately as Jarrett is dominating big time with right hands to the head of DiBiase Jr. DiBiase tries to escape but Jarrett hits him with an atomic drop and as DiBiase Jr turns around he's nailed with a clothesline. Jarrett plays to the crowd as JR says we will see more after the commercial break. We return from commercial break as Jarrett still has control with a surf board locked in on DiBiase Jr. DiBiase Jr manages to break the hold but Jarrett quickly stomps away at him not allowing him to get any kind of come back on him. DiBiase Jr rolls to the floor once more as Jarrett remains in the ring playing to the crowd.
Jarrett makes a mistake as he turns his back and has his leg grabbed by Eric Bischoff. As Jarrett tries to stomp the hand of Eric he is attacked from behind by Ted DiBiase Jr who knocks Jarrett down and chokes away at him in the corner. DiBiase Jr distracts Earl Hebner as Bischoff chokes Jarrett as well. The crowd are firmly behind Jarrett and begin chanting his name but DiBiase Jr keeps working him down. Eventually Jarrett got a come back going whilst holding the leg that DiBiase Jr had been working down. Jarrett nails a back body drop on DiBiase Jr before signalling for The Stroke.
Jarrett hits The Stroke on DiBiase Jr right in the middle of the ring and covers him but referee Hebner is distracted by Eric Bischoff who is on the apron. Jarrett rushes over and grabs Bischoff throwing him into the ring but now Kenny King has Earl Hebner distracted as Rhett Titus slides into the ring and nails Jarrett with Jarrett's own Guitar. Jarrett is upright but groggy as DiBiase Jr quickly takes advantage and nails the Dream Crusher right in the middle of the ring. Titus bails out of the ring as King gets off the apron and pulls Bischoff under the bottom rope. Earl Hebner turns around and counts one, two and three. That's it...Jeff Jarrett has lost to Ted DiBiase Jr here in the Impact Wrestling main event.
Ted DiBiase Jr defeated Jeff Jarrett
- Post match an exhausted DiBiase Jr stomps Jarrett out of the ring as Karen Jarrett checks on Jeff. DiBiase Jr is handed a microphone by Eric Bischoff as he begins taunting Kurt Angle. DiBiase Jr says that this is in Kurt Angle's future and explains that he is destined for the TNA World Heavyweight Title. DiBiase Jr yells that nobody can stop him or Team Bischoff and tosses the microphone as the show ends with an upset Karen Jarrett at ringside and Team Bischoff celebrating their victory in the ring. The announcers question who can stop Team Bischoff before JR thanks us for tuning in and encourages us to tune into TNA Showtime tomorrow night.
Show Attendance: 2342
Show Rating: C+
TV Rating: 1.1