- TNA Impact Wrestling earned itself a 1.2 rating last night which is down from the 1.4 of last week. It's a worrying sign for TNA who promised a major announcement on this show and delivered announcing that they had signed a deal with Spike TV to debut "TNA Showtime" starting December 6th.
- Last week we reported that Alberto Del Rio was in discussions with TNA and we can confirm this was true. In terms of money Del Rio was offered a contract worth 2.8 million dollars over 2 years. Del Rio apparently considered the offer but then re-signed with WWE on a 4 year deal.
- In other wrestler contract news Eric Young who we reported had returned home and was going to sit out his contract. TNA confirmed on their website today that Eric has been released effective immediately
- Jeff Jarrett made his return from hiatus this week at Impact. He and Karen Jarrett watched the show from a private area and were catching up with friends backstage. Currently it's unknown whether Jeff is gearing up for a return or not.
- TNA Showtime the new 1 hour show set to compete with WWE Smackdown was announced at last nights Impact show. Eric Bischoff did an interview talking about it last night (Posted below) but as it stands this is seen as something that will make or break TNA.
- More on TNA Showtime, rumors are that Spike TV has paid a lot of money for TNA Showtime and is backing the shows battle with WWE financially. Spike is also helping out massively with advertising costs with a billboard of Hulk Hogan going up at Universal Studio's in Orlando Florida advertising the show. TNA has also received many advertisements on Spike TV during prime time.
- Eric Bischoff answered questions from reporters last night after the show. Although Dixie made the announcement the TNA Showtime idea was Eric's idea and he of course, will be booking it:
Q1: "Eric, First question I guess is why try and compete with Vince? TNA tried this in 2010 and it failed. Why try again?"
Eric: "Monday Night RAW is a massive brand and don't get me wrong, so is Smackdown but Smackdown rates around a 2.1 most of the time un opposed. I think TNA Showtime can take away at least some of that audience and we can make a contest out of it all. As for why? I like competition and there is no better competitor than Vince McMahon.
Q2: "Eric, Do you think this show will cause there to be too much exposure of the TNA product on National TV?"
Eric: "Not at all, It's a one hour show which is about 42 minutes without commercials. We're not like the WWE who has like 8 hours a week this will be our third hour a week and we'll do a lot to make it different to Impact.
Q3: "Different? How is Showtime going to be different to Impact or even Friday Night Smackdown?"
Eric: "Honestly, we have so many ideas right now. A return of Gut Check is being discussed. There will be a lot more emphasis on the younger talent with only 1 or 2 of our star performers performing on the show a week. Apart from that we have deals with AAA and Wrestle-1 who are happy to send talent out for these events as well.
Q4: "Where are you filming this? Will it be on the road like Impact?"
Eric: "No, TNA Showtime will be filmed live every week from Universal Studio's in Orlando Florida. Soundstage 21 the former Impact Zone. Xplosion will be moved to be taped before the Showtime tapings also.
Q5: "How much is Spike supporting this deal?"
Eric: "Very much so, we love Spike and the hard work they've done with this deal. They paid for advertising space at Universal to advertise the show. They paid the lease on the Impact Zone and also paid us to run the show. Spike have been amazing and they really are happy with our recently increased ratings."
Q6: "What about Panda? Have they assisted financially?"
Eric: "Of course, Panda dropped a lot of money that we're going to use for a lot of stuff on show day. Things such as pyro, stage set up will all be paid for by Panda"
Q7: "In terms of talent will we see anyone else come into the company now that you have another hour of television?"
Eric: "Honestly I can say right now that we've been talking to some big name stars and we'd love to bring them to TNA. We recently were in discussions with WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio but negotiations broke down. These are the types of names we want to bring to TNA"
Q8: "Eric, You're known for being ruthless back in the day when you were in charge of WCW and competing with WWE. Will it be the same this time around?"
Eric: "Moreso. You have to understand that I don't really like Vince McMahon. I respect him but I want to be the guy who took Vince's empire down. I will use every single dirty tactic to beat him. There is no other shot for me, I'm never going back to WWE and if TNA falls I'm never working in wrestling again. This is my final shot at ending Vince's empire and I plan to take every opportunity to end it.
- Here is the Press Release for this weeks edition of Impact:
TNA Impact returns to the Genesis Convention Centre in Gary Indiana for 2 hours of heart stopping wrestling action featuring your favourite TNA superstars such as "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Magnus and many more.
The main event of the evening will see a TNA World Heavyweight Title match between "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles as he defends against another TNA original in James Storm. James Storm was beaten down by Team 3.D last week therefore taking him out of contention in the main event battle royale to crown a new number 1 contender. Because Storm missed out Hulk Hogan has granted him a World Heavyweight Title match this week on Impact. Can James Storm walk away with the TNA World Heavyweight Championship? Tune in and find out!
In other news Eric Bischoff announced earlier this week on impactwrestling.com that this Thursday on Impact would mark the funeral of Sting. Sting was viciously piledriven multiple times on the concrete floor at TNA Turning Point by Ted DiBiase Jr. Bischoff has said this is the end of Sting and that Sting will never be seen in TNA again. What will this "funeral" consist of? Find out on TNA Impact Wrestling
In other action we'll see Jeff Hardy and a Mystery Partner take on Bad Influence, We'll witness Austin Aries and Chris Sabin collide in a Number 1 contenders match and Garrett Bischoff will team with Wes Brisco to take on the Latin American Xchange
This edition of Impact promises to be huge and you can't miss it. Make sure to tune in at 8/9c so you don't miss one minute of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling!
- Here is the Final Resolution 2013 card so far:
TNA Final Resolution 2013 will come to you LIVE from the Louis Brown Athletic Center in Piscataway New Jersey!
TNA World Heavyweight Championship Last Man Standing Match:
AJ Styles (C) Vs Kurt Angle
- And the Xplosion results:
Chavo Guerrero defeated Robbie E
Noam Dar defeated Wes Brisco