Ladies and Gentlemen it's TNA's biggest show of the year Bound For Glory live from San Diego California tonights card will feature four main events and a very solid under card. I'm excited for the event but first the pre show.
TNA Bound For Glory 2013 Results:
Quick TNA Bound For Glory Pre Show Results:
Noam Dar defeated Robbie E
Devon defeated Rob Terry
- After the opening video plays we immediately cut to the Viejas Arena in San Diego where Fireworks explode from the stage for about 30 seconds. After that we're greeted by Mike Tenay who introduces Matt Striker and Taz before saying this is the biggest event of the year for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Tenay says we have 10 matches tonight, A debuting wrestler and an appearance from the returning Kurt Angle. Taz says he's pumped up and that this is the biggest show he's ever been involved with.
TNA Ultimate X Number 1 Contenders Match:
Greg Marasciulo Vs Manik Vs Petey Williams
Petey Williams is out first as he walks out quickly and ready for action. He dives into the ring before looking up at the Red X hanging above him and nodding his head. Manik comes out next as he slaps some high fives at ringside and rolls into the ring. He and Petey start arguing as Marasciulo walks out to a small pop from the audience. He slaps high fives also before entering the ring and pointing at Petey Williams and finally pointing at the Red X. Referee Brian Hebner signals for the bell and the match starts
Marasciulo and Petey start with brawling in the middle of the ring. Manik stands in his corner but quickly tries to climb to the top of Ultimate X structure. Marasciulo knocks Petey to the mat before quickly grabbing Manik and tossing him off the top turnbuckle. As Marasciulo turns his attention to Manik it's Petey Williams who quickly tosses Marasciulo to the floor. Petey climbs to the top turnbuckle before climbing onto the Ultimate X ropes and making his way towards the X. Manik has recovered however and is now also on the Ultimate X ropes with Petey. Manik kicks Petey once causing Petey to lose his grip but Petey holds on with his legs. Manik and Petey are both hanging as Marasciulo pulls them both down to the middle of the ring.
Marasciulo hits Petey with a running elbow to the head knocking him to the floor but as he turns around he's met with a Hurricarana from Manik. Manik now has the advantage as he climbs to the top rope and delivers a Moonsault straight on top of Marasciulo who slides to the floor. Petey and Marasciulo brawl on the floor as Manik climbs to the top rope and delivers a Shooting Star Press onto the two on the floor. All three are down as the crowd of about 7000 are going crazy. Manik quickly stands up and makes his way back onto the Ultimate X structure and gets halfway but as he does Marasciulo is up there with him. The two punch at eachother trying to get the other to lose their grip but Marasciulo repeatedly punches Manik until he drops. Manik and Petey brawl in mid ring as Marasciulo delivers a MOONSAULT from the top of the Ultimate X structure onto both men. All three men are down and out in the ring as a "TNA" chant erupts from the fans.
All three men recover and trade punches in the ring. Manik is thrown to the side as Marasciulo delivers a twisting forearm to Petey Williams knocking him down. Marasciulo struggles to the top of the structure but suddenly Manik is up there with him. The 2 brawl as Marasciulo drops down. Manik reaches for the X but can't reach it and is now joined by Petey Williams. Petey kicks Manik twice before hitting the CANADIAN DESTROYER from the top and onto the mat. "That wasn't as pretty as normal" states Tenay as Marasciulo looks at the carnage and scales to the top of the Ultimate X structure. He struggles to the middle but somehow Petey Williams has recovered and is up there with him. Petey kicks Marasciulo twice causing Marasiculo to fall down. Petey grabs the big red X and collapses to the mat.
Post match an exhausted Petey Williams raises the Red X above his head and soaks in the applause from the audience. Greg Marasiculo and Manik struggle to leave the ring as Tenay says that some of the things we saw in this match have to be the craziest things he's ever seen in TNA. Striker and Taz talk about how great the match was and how this is a great start to Bound For Glory.
Petey Williams defeated Greg Marasciulo and Manik
- We cut backstage where Diamond Dallas Page, Jake Roberts and Scott Hall are in a room doing DDP Yoga together. They do some advanced techniques as suddenly Robbie E is on the scene. Robbie E says that Yoga is for "fruits" and that these three "has beens" need to get out of TNA. Robbie E feels it's an injustice that he isn't on the show and they are. DDP tells Robbie E to hit the bricks and calls him a "monkey" an embarrassed Robbie E vows revenge before power walking from the scene.
- We cut to the announcers who talk about all the legends here tonight mentioning that they will all be present for the Kurt Angle speech later on tonight. Tenay says earlier today TNA cameras caught something exciting that he's going to show us now. We go to the video which shows a Limousine pulling up earlier today. The man who emerges from it? "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan who is on crutches. He enters the building as Tenay and Striker say that Hogan must be here to be involved in the main event tonight.
TNA San Diego Street Fight:
Latino American Xchange Vs Revolution X
Revolution X are down first with bandanas over their mouths. They walk down to the ring and get into an argument with referee Earl Hebner telling him he better not screw them over. Next comes LAX who are ready for action and both have trash cans in hand. Revolution X meets them on the floor as the two teams continue to brawl.
Tenay explains the rules saying it's a tornado tag match and anything goes but the match must end in the ring. As he says this Hernandez smashes Anarquia in the head with his trash can causing Anarquia to roll down the ramp. Elsewhere Homicide is punching away at Chavo's head with a chain. Homicide delivers a piledriver onto a fans seat as Chavo is clearly knocked out. Homicide drags him through the crowd as we cut back to Hernandez who is being dominated by Anarquia. Anarquia throws a fans drink into the eyes of Hernandez before throwing multiple punches at his head knocking Hernandez down.
Homicide and Chavo are now back in the ring as Homicide threatens Chavo with a Kendo Stick. Chavo begs off but as Homicide questions the crowd he's kicked low by Chavo. Chavo grabs the Kendo Stick and cracks it over Homicides back. Homicide drops to his knees but as he does Hernandez is in the ring. He starts shouldering Chavo but just as Hernandez looks to get the advantage he's hit from behind by Anarquia. Anarquia and Chavo hit a double suplex on Hernandez but as they turn around Homicide is in the ring with a chair. He hits them both in the head with it knocking them down. Anarquia rolls to the floor as Homicide grabs Chavo and tosses him into the corner.
Chavo is placed on the top rope as Homicide has him in a suplex position. Homicide is hit twice as he drops to the canvas. Chavo dives off the top rope and connects with a top rope dropkick on Homicide who rolls to the floor. Chavo is up quickly and charges at Hernandez in the corner but Hernandez smacks Chavo right in the head with a Kendo Stick. Chavo crumbles in the ring as Hernandez picks the limp Chavo up and delivers a Crucifix Powerbomb. Anarquia is knocked down on the outside by Homicide as Hernandez stares at his former partner, gets an angry look on his face and delivers yet another Crucifix Powerbomb. Hernandez covers Chavo as referee Earl Hebner counts to three and awards the match to the Latino American Xchange
Latino American Xchange defeated Revolution X
- We cut backstage where Hulk Hogan is catching up with none other then Koko B Ware! The two share a couple laughs as Hulk is suddenly met by Jeremy Borash. Borash says he doesn't want to interrupt anything but wants Hulk's opinion on tonights main event. Hulk sends Koko away as Hulk talks to Borash. Hulk says tonight everything is on the line. It's down to guys like AJ, Sting, Joe, Hardy and Magnus to rid TNA of the cancer that is Aces and Eights. Hulk says he's hurt but he's going to do his best in the main event to make sure it's a clean fight.
TNA Knockouts Championship Match:
Gail Kim Vs Mickie James (C) Vs ODB Vs Velvet Sky
ODB makes her way out first to a small reaction from the crowd. She jogs down to the ring and rolls in before playing to the audience. Gail Kim is out next who cockily struts to the ring and poses on the ramp. She enters the ring as the music of Velvet Sky hits and out she comes. She high fives fans at ringside before entering the ring. Brian Stiffler maintains order as the music of Mickie James hits and out comes the champion looking rather confident but also nervous. She enters the ring and plays to the audience who boo her.
Stiffler calls for the bell as Gail Kim immediately bails to the floor before arguing with a fan about how she has a game plan. Both Velvet and ODB take advantage of this by attacking Mickie James and punching her in the corner. ODB scoop slams Mickie allowing Velvet to hit a flying elbow off the top rope. Velvet tries to pin Mickie but ODB breaks it up. The two start arguing as ODB throws a punch knocking Velvet down. At this point Gail enters the ring attacking ODB from behind and throwing her to the floor. Gail stomps Velvet once before hitting a snap suplex on Mickie James right in the middle of the ring. This gets Gail a 2 count as the match continues.
Gail is hit from behind by Velvet who quickly hits a bulldog and attempts a pin but it's broken up by ODB. ODB hits a Samoan Drop on Velvet before quickly standing up and hitting a sitout powerbomb on Gail. The pin attempt is broken up by Mickie who tosses ODB to the floor and attacks Velvet. Mickie attempts a suplex but Velvet is having none of it and DDT's Mickie right in the middle. Gail Kim kicks Velvet right in the face and steals the pin but Mickie kicks out at 2. Gail Kim is thrown to the floor by an angry Velvet who quickly turns her attention to Mickie James and kicks her in the stomach. Velvet hits the Mick Kick on Mickie as Taz yells surely this one is over.
Mickie kicks out at two however as a clearly frustrated Velvet hits Gail Kim who is attempting to enter the ring. Gail and ODB brawl on the floor as Velvet hits the In Yo' Face on Mickie. Velvet quickly hooks the leg for the one, two and three. ODB makes it just after the three count but Brian Stiffler calls for the bell. Velvet Sky is now a 3 time TNA Knockouts Champion
Post match all the Knockouts are down in the ring as Velvet celebrates with her belt. Mike Tenay says they have had 1 title match so far and a belt has already changed hands. Striker says he's sure we'll see some more change tonight. Our final image of Velvet is her high fiving her fans at ringside.
Velvet Sky defeated Gail Kim, Mickie James and ODB to win the TNA Knockouts Championship.
- We cut to the back where AJ Styles is doing some very extensive stretching. Tenay, Striker and Taz go into hype mode for tonights main event. Tenay says that AJ goes into the match with a lot of pressure and that everybody is relying on him. Striker suggests AJ has to block all that out and focus on just Bully. Taz says that AJ has no chance and that at the end of Bound For Glory we'll still have Bully Ray as TNA World Heavyweight Champion
- We see a video featuring Abyss and Raven. We see highlights of their feud which consisted of Raven beating Abyss down. Beating him down in a graveyard and Abyss torturing Dr Stevie. We get a few clips of Abyss dominating in the Monsters Ball match in the past as we cut to the ring.
TNA Television Championship Monsters Ball Match:
Abyss Vs Raven (C) W/ James Mitchell
Raven and James Mitchell walk out to the ring. Raven poses on the ramp and tosses the TNA Television Title into the ring before entering the ring and slumping into the corner. Mitchell hands Raven a microphone as Raven says Abyss isn't here tonight and that Raven literally buried Abyss alive back in Nevada. Raven says that he has been abiding to the Monsters Ball match rules and will defend the TNA Television Title against anyone in the back. Of course Abyss' music plays as he comes out covered in dirt and blood. His mask is on and he has a bag full of tacks. He quickly jumps in the ring as Raven attacks him
Abyss isn't selling anything for Raven and immediately throws him into the corner before repeatedly punching him. Referee Stiffler tries to maintain order but is pushed aside by Abyss who pulls a single thumb tack from the bag and pushes it into Ravens forehead. Raven is thrown to the floor as Abyss follows out and boots him in the face. Abyss looks under the ring tossing assorted weapons into the ring before finding a 2X4 wrapped in Barbed Wire. He hits Raven with this and grates it against the forehead of the former ECW Champion. Raven is now bleeding as Abyss lifts the 2X4 over his head and screams which gets a decent reaction from the crowd.
A bloodied and injured Raven is thrown back into the ring and hit in the head with a trash can lid multiple times until he falls into a heap. Raven eventually recovers and kicks Abyss low. Raven tries to escape but Abyss smashes Raven in the back with the 2X4 wrapped in wire. The fans get a sickening visual of the wire being stuck in Ravens skin as Abyss takes it out and throws the 2X4 at James Mitchell on the outside. Mitchell manages to duck it as Abyss once again mauls Raven this time throwing a trash can at him and leaving the ring. Abyss pulls out a table wrapped in Barbed Wire from underneath the ring and throws it into the ring before setting it up right in the middle of the ring.
Abyss turns around and is kicked multiple times by Raven. Raven hits the Evenflow DDT but Abyss kicks out at 2. Raven tries to suplex Abyss through the Barbed Wire Table but Abyss hits him with a side slam. Abyss walks over to his bag of tacks and pours them all over the Barbed Wire Table. He quickly grabs Raven and delivers a Black Hole Slam straight through the table. Both men are wrapped in the Barbed Wire and have Thumbtacks protruding from their skin. Abyss puts one arm over Raven as referee Brian Stiffler finds a way into the wreckage and counts to three awarding Abyss the match.
Abyss defeated Raven to win the TNA Television Championship
- Post match James Mitchell enters the ring as a torn up Abyss is bleeding and cut in the ring. James Mitchell is grabbed by Abyss as Mitchell begs off and starts reasoning with Abyss. Abyss and Mitchell HUG as the crowd erupts into boo's for the duo. James Mitchell proudly claps his hands as Abyss poses on the top turnbuckle with the TNA Television Title.
- We cut to the back where Gunner and James Storm are standing by with Jeremy Borash. They adjust their Tag Titles and talk about their upcoming Title Match. Gunner and Storm say it's their biggest test as a team and admit they've lost to Bad Influences before but it won't happen again. Gunner and Storm say they aren't ready to let the Tag Titles go yet and walk off as Borash hypes the upcoming match.
- We get a quick hype video for the Tag Title match. We see highlights of Bad Influence beating Gunner and Storm, we see highlights of the 8 man tag earlier this week and more from their feud.
TNA World Tag Team Championship Match:
Bad Influence Vs Gunner and James Storm (C)
Bad Influence are out first they walk around ringside yelling at fans before entering the ring and warming up. Gunner and James Storm are out next with the TNA World Tag Team Titles around their waists. Gunner charges into the ring as Storm follows behind them. The four men immediately begin arguing upon entering the ring as referee Brian Hebner seperates the two teams and starts the match.
James Storm starts out against Kazarian as the two lock up. Kazarian gets a nice side head lock locked in but Storm turns this into a back suplex pretty quickly. He picks Kazarian up, yells in his face and punches him directly in the mouth. Kazarian is down and trying to crawl to his corner as Storm stands on Kazarians leg and jumps on it before quickly locking in a leg lock and tagging in Gunner. Storm releases the hold as Gunner tosses Kazarian into the corner and stomps away at him. Kazarian drops into the corner as Gunner gets a run up and kicks him directly in the face. Gunner quickly tags in Storm who rushes over to the corner and picks Kazarian up whipping him off the ropes.
As Storm waits for Kazarian to come back off the ropes he ducks his head and is quickly kicked by Kazarian who bounces off the ropes himself and performs a sunset flip netting himself a 2 count. Kazarian drop kicks Storm and drags him into the corner before tagging in Daniels. Kazarian distracts referee Hebner as Daniels chokes Storm for a rather long time. Kazarian lets Hebner go as Hebner gives Daniels a four count to break it and Daniels does on 4 and argues with referee Hebner which allows Kazarian to of course choke Storm for a few seconds before getting back onto the apron. Daniels picks Storm up and hits him with an Enziguri knocking the former TNA World Champion down. Daniels and Kazarian take turns tagging in and out to work Storm over but a massive mistake occurs late in the match allowing Storm to catch Daniels off a top rope crossbody attempt. Storm hits a Fallaway Slam before collapsing in the ring but slowly crawling for the tag Storm edges his way closer but at the last second Kazarian who has just been tagged in knocks Gunner off the apron.
Gunner isn't having any of that and immediately enters the ring and spears Kazarian before turning his attention to Daniels and hitting him with a Spinebuster right in the middle of the ring. Gunner is going crazy as Kazarian attacks him from behind and throws him out of the ring. Daniels exits the ring to brawl with Gunner as Kazarian hits Storm with the Fade To Black and covers him immediately but Storm kicks out at two! Kazarian can't believe it as he climbs to the top rope and delivers a SHOOTING STAR PRESS off the top rope. He pins Storm and this time gets the three count and the victory.
Post match a rampaging Gunner is back in the ring ready for war but Bad Influence bail out and celebrate on the ramp way. Tenay says the Shooting Star Press was impressive and that he doesn't think he's ever seen Kazarian perform that. Striker mentions that every title has changed hands so far tonight and asks Taz if he's worried "Not at all" Taz replies with.
Bad Influence defeated Gunner and James Storm to win the TNA World Tag Team Titles.
- We cut backstage again to Diamond Dallas Page, Jake Roberts and Scott Hall who are still doing DDP Yoga. Joining them also is Koko B Ware they perform some basic moves this time as Robbie E is on the scene again this time with Jessie. Bromans say that they hate that these legends are here in TNA and say that Bromans should be on the show instead of these "has beens" DDP gets in the face of Robbie E saying "It's better to be a has been then a never was, Monkey!" suddenly Robbie E slaps DDP. DDP hits Robbie in response as Hall and Roberts take care of Jessie hitting him multiple times. Robbie E and Jessie bail out of the room as we cut away
- We cut to the back where Jeff Hardy, Magnus and Samoa Joe are standing by with Jeremy Borash. Magnus is warming up on the spot as Hardy and Joe look focused on the task at hand. The trio discuss what Aces and Eights have done to them as individuals. Magnus says they cost him the TNA World Title, Hardy was also cost the TNA World Heavyweight Title. They say their goal tonight is to beat these three and then watch their buddy Sting end Aces and Eights for good.
TNA Six Man Tag Team Match:
Jeff Hardy, Magnus and Samoa Joe Vs Aces and Eights (Garrett Bischoff, Knux and Wes Brisco) W/ Devon
Aces and Eights come out lead by Devon who walks them down to the ring. They casually enter the ring as Devon gives them their final pep talk for the night. The trio nod their heads excitedly as Main Event Mafia music brings out both Magnus and Samoa Joe who walk down to the ring and wait on the ramp. Jeff Hardy's music plays and out he comes dancing to his theme song. He crawls along the ramp before joining his tag team partners at ringside. They enter the ring, are checked for weapons by referee Brian Stiffler. Jeff Hardy starts out against Garrett Bischoff as referee Stiffler calls for the opening bell.
Garrett and Jeff lock up as Jeff immediately gets an arm wringer and holds it. Garrett tries to get to the ropes but Hardy quickly whips him off and delivers a Rana. Jeff dropkicks Garrett as he stands up leading to Garrett tagging in Knux. Knux climbs over the top rope as the San Diego locals yell at him. Knux simply flips them off as Hardy tags out to Joe who gets a pop from the audience. The two Super Heavyweights lock up as Knux immediately takes the advantage kicking Joe repeatedly in the stomach and hitting him with a Scoop Slam. Knux tags in Wes who quickly hits a top rope leg drop onto Samoa Joe and pinning him but only for a one count. Wes keeps the attack going though and locks Joe in a front face lock as Joe struggles to get any momentum going.
This continued as Wes, Garrett and Knux all took turns tagging in and out dishing more punishment onto Joe. Joe doesn't even get close to his corner as Knux bounces off the ropes and big boots Joe right in the face getting himself a 2 count. Knux is enraged as he attempts a Powerbomb on Joe and connects. Knux pins Joe again but again Joe kicks out at two Knux throws Joe into the corner and starts choking him. Referee Stiffler reaches the 4 count but Knux refuses to break the hold. Stiffler convinces Knux to break the hold as Joe struggles to regain his breath on the mat. Joe is dragged into the middle of the ring but as Knux attempts a manevour he is kicked multiple times by Joe. Joe enziguris Knux right in the head and tags to Magnus who the crowd erupt for.
It's an all out brawl as all six men are now brawling in the ring. Joe and Garrett brawl on the floor as Jeff Hardy flings himself over the top rope onto Wes Brisco. Magnus and Knux brawl in the middle of the ring as Magnus quickly picks Knux up and delivers a Death Valley Driver. Knux kicks out at two as Magnus quickly recovers, kicks Knux and hits the Mag Daddy Driver out of nowhere. Magnus hooks the leg and gets a three count on Knux. Magnus immediately rises to his feet celebrating as Brian Stiffler raises his hand.
Post match Hardy, Joe and Magnus celebrate in the ring and leave just as Garrett and Wes are recovering. Garrett and Wes enter the ring as Knux tries to recover. Garrett and Wes help Knux up as Devon watches from the outside. Garrett and Wes start yelling at Knux but Knux has grabbed a hold of Wes Brisco and has him in the corner. From behind Garrett Bischoff knocks Knux down and the tag team of Garrett and Wes beat away at Knux. Devon shrugs his shoulders and walks up the ramp as the beatdown continues. After Knux has been knocked unconscious by both Garrett and Wes the two throw their Aces and Eights jackets onto the mat before walking out.
Jeff Hardy, Magnus and Samoa Joe defeated Garrett Bischoff, Knux and Wes Brisco
- We get the Hall Of Fame video package for Kurt Angle who is entering the Hall Of Fame tonight. We see photos of Kurts early Olympic and WWE days before cutting to actual footage from TNA of him wrestling greats such as AJ Styles, Christian Cage, Jeff Hardy, Sting and others. We then get to see some highlights from the formal induction last night in which all of TNA was in attendance. The video ends with a nice list of all Kurt's achievements before we cut to Jeremy Borash who is in the ring with a microphone. Jeremy Borash says this man has been hurt since August and after 2 months he will finally return. Borash introduces Angle who walks out in a suit and tie.
Angle walks down to the ring with a smile on his face before entering the ring and shaking the hand of Jeremy Borash, Diamond Dallas Page, Jake Roberts, Koko B Ware and Scott Hall. Kurt is handed the microphone as the crowd starts a small "Angle" chant. Kurt lets the reception die down as he thanks the fans and says that this is the greatest honor in wrestling. He says to have so much support from his peers and employers is amazing but the fans especially are what he loves about TNA. Kurt says the greatest company on earth has the greatest fans on earth which gets a nice pop.
Kurt Angle thanks Dixie Carter for inducting him last night on behalf of TNA and we cut to Dixie who is in a luxury box with Keiji Mutoh of Wrestle-1 Fame, David Arquette and Jason Hervey are also in the box with her as they all applaud Kurt. Kurt thanks everyone he has to before shaking the hand of Jeremy Borash and leaving.
- We get a video showing the history of Austin Aries and Bobby Roode we see highlights of them as a team and then see the break up. The narrator says tonight these two former World Heavyweight Champions will collide in a definite match of the year contender.
TNA Singles Match:
Austin Aries Vs Bobby Roode
Bobby Roode is out first dressed in a robe and ready for action. He struts down the ramp and enters the ring before removing the robe and throwing it over ring announcer Christy Hemme. Roode warms up in the corner as Austin Aries emerges from the back. He walks down the ramp and enters the ring posing on the top turnbuckle. He gets a positive reaction from the crowd before jumping down and allowing himself to be checked for weapons by Earl Hebner. Hebner finds nothing as Aries and Roode begin pushing eachother thus starting the match.
Roode gets sick of the shoving and slaps Aries right in the mouth and immediately follows it up with a clothesline knocking Aries down. Aries quickly grabs the leg of Roode though and trips him. Aries then drops an elbow causing Roode to beg off in the corner. Aries continues the assault though kicking away at Roode before picking him up and hitting him with a triple suplex. The crowd are going wild for Aries as he poses in the ring before quickly turning his attention back to Roode but Roode is ready for him and tosses him into the corner post. Aries lands shoulder first on the post as Roode turns him around and hits an arm breaker in the middle of the ring.
Roode continued working the arm kicking away at it and pulling at it. Aries is clearly in agony as Roode locks in an arm bar. Aries is close to submitting but edges himself closer and closer to the ropes. Roode puts more pressure on the hold but a very hurt Aries manages to get 1 foot on the bottom rope causing referee Earl Hebner to count. Roode quickly breaks the hold and drags Aries near the post before smashing Aries' left arm right into the post. Earl Hebner warns Roode to bring it back into the ring but Roode does it a second time before entering the ring again and dragging Aries back into the middle. Roode yells abuse at Aries but is kicked straight in the face as Aries desperately tries to fight back.
Aries does his best without the use of his left arm kicking away at Roode and even hitting a drop toe hold. Roode grabs at his face as Aries hits a Running Senton Bomb. Aries grabs at his arm after the move but puts an arm over Roode getting himself a 2 count. Aries yells "BRAINBUSTER" as he gets Roode in position for it. Roode isn't having any of that however as he slams Aries down and locks in the Arm Lock Crossface. Aries tries to reach the ropes but fades out quickly as Earl Hebner calls for the bell and awards Bobby Roode the match via knock out.
Post match Bobby Roode puts his robe back on and spits at the unconscious Austin Aries. Tenay says that Bobby Roode has gone way too far this time and that he should respect his opponent enough to leave him alone. Striker says that it's real hatred between these two men as Roode poses on the ramp and leaves. Aries is tended to by Earl Hebner who is helping him up. Aries gets to his feet and is applauded by the crowd who give him a small "Aries" chant.
Bobby Roode defeated Austin Aries
- We cut to a video highlighting the next match we'll see tonight which is Alex Shelley Vs Chris Sabin for the TNA X-Division Championship. We see footage of the days they teamed up as the Motor City Machine Guns and then cut to Shelley costing Sabin the TNA World Heavyweight Title at Hardcore Justice. We get highlights of the Sabin challenge and of course the latest match between the two men which ended in a disqualification. Tonight they settle the score in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match for the gold.
- We are now backstage where Jeremy Borash is standing by with Chris Sabin. Sabin is asked about the upcoming match and Sabin says this one is the biggest match of his career. Sabin talks about how Shelley knows every pro and every con that Sabin has and vice versa. Sabin says he doesn't like to admit this but they are both equal and that the winner will most have to do something special to win. Sabin says he'll do anything to win and that he will win.
TNA X-Division Championship Tables Ladders and Chairs Match:
Alex Shelley (C) Vs Chris Sabin
"Hail Sabin" plays through the arena as fireworks explode from the tron. As the fireworks stop Chris Sabin rushes out and is pumped up and ready for action. He dodges some erect ladders in the entrance way before sliding into the ring and waiting. We get a nice shot of the X-Division Title which is hung above the ring as Alex Shelley walks out looking quite intimidated by all the weaponry. He slides into the ring as he and Sabin immediately begin brawling.
Sabin and Shelley throw wild punches at eachother as Shelley bails out but is quickly chased by Sabin. Sabin tosses Shelley into a ladder as Shelley crumbles on the ramp way. Sabin picks Shelley up and suplexes him on the ramp. Sabin grabs the ladder and rushes towards the ring with it as he slides it into the ring and sets it up. Sabin starts climbing up it but Shelley is there with him pulling at his leg and eventually pulling him down. Shelley hits a Forward Russian Legsweep RIGHT INTO THE LADDER! Sabin is seemingly unconscious as Shelley leaves the ring and tosses a table into the ring. He grabs a chair as well before setting the table up in the ring and attempting a suplex on Sabin. Sabin fights out of it and hits a rana before climbing the ladder.
Shelley meets Sabin at the top as the two trade punches. Sabin eventually hits Shelley multiple times before he falls off the ladder. Sabin is exhausted and drops off the ladder also. Sabin is hit with a chair by Shelley multiple times as Shelley slowly climbs up the ladder. Sabin isn't giving up however as he's right up there with Shelley. The two once again trade punches but Shelley this time dominates and grabs Sabin. He elevates Sabin up and hits a BRAINBUSTER right through the table in the ring. Both men are down and out in the ring as the crowd erupt into a "Holy Shit" chant as referee Brian Hebner checks to make sure both men are still alive.
They lay in the wreckage for a little while but Shelley slowly crawls out and begins climbing the ladder. Sabin stumbles to the ladder and is in hot pursuit of Shelley. The two are on top of the ladder as Shelley grabs at his X-Division Title but fails to bring it down. Sabin punches him twice but Shelley rakes at the eyes and pushes Sabin off the ladder. Sabin falls through 2 tables on the floor as Shelley grabs the belt and pulls it down winning the match and retaining his TNA X-Division Championship
Post match Sabin is tended to by medics as Shelley is barely conscious on the mat. He's handed the X-Division Title by Brian Hebner as Shelley uses all his energy to lift the title above his head and leaves. Sabin is taken out on a stretcher as Tenay, Striker and Taz all say that it was an amazing match and that they hope both men are okay.
Alex Shelley defeated Chris Sabin to retain the TNA X-Division Championship.
- We cut to the back where Sting leaves his locker room and starts walking towards the ring. He has his trademark trench coat on and a bat in his hand as we cut away
- We see video of Sting and his fight against the Aces and Eights. We see him losing to Bully Ray and then joining forces with Angle, Joe, Magnus and Rampage to fight them off. The video questions whether this is the end of Sting's career tonight.
TNA Career Vs Stable Match:
Mr Anderson Vs Sting
Mr Anderson walks out with a chain in his hand. He walks to the ring kind of looking disinterested in the entire occasion. He quickly slides into the ring and waits in the corner. The lights go out in the arena as we see an image of a crow appear in the entrance way. This illuminates as suddenly pyro explodes from it giving the impression of a flaming bird. The pyro stops as Sting's music plays. It's his old theme from 2006 and here comes Sting. He walks down to the ring with just a spot light on him he stops at the ramp and points the bat at Anderson. Sting enters the ring and is checked for weapons by referee Brian Stiffler.
Stiffler calls for the bell as Sting and Anderson circle around the ring. Anderson stops circling and immediately attempts for a take down on Sting but Sting counters it and drops all his weight onto Anderson before punching away at the back of Andersons head. Anderson rolls out of it and backs into the corner begging off from Sting. Sting lets Anderson get up but quickly works Anderson into the corner and hits a nice scoop slam in the middle of the ring. Sting plays to the audience who erupt into cheers for him. Sting picks Anderson up and whips him into the corner before attempting the Stinger Splash but nobody is at home for Sting as he hits the turnbuckle.
Anderson immediately hits a German Suplex on Sting and quickly attempts a pin but only gets a 2 count. Anderson immediately goes to town on Sting punching away at him, choking him and even biting him. Referee Brian Stiffler warns Anderson but Anderson tells him to shut up and to stay out of his way. Anderson kicks Sting and delivers a Piledriver right in the middle of the ring. Sting isn't moving as Anderson attempts a pin but only gets a 2 count. Anderson delivers yet another Piledriver right in the middle of the ring but Sting kicks out almost at three. We suddenly cut to the backstage area where Eric Bischoff is talking to a hooded man "Go! Go now!" screams Bischoff as the match continues in ring. Anderson delivers a DDT as Tenay, Striker and Taz speculate who that hooded man is.
Anderson attempts a Mic Check in the middle of the ring but Sting pushes him which causes Anderson to accidentally knock Stiffler down. Sting is hit with a Mic Check right in the middle as the Hooded Man walks down to the ring with a stun gun in hand. He twirls it around his finger before entering the ring and staring at Anderson. Anderson yells at him as the Hooded Man uses the Stun Gun on Anderson. Anderson drops as Sting is helped to his feet by the Hooded Man. As Sting asks whats going on he's also stunned with the Stun Gun. The man puts Sting on top of Anderson and wakes up referee Stiffler who counts to three and awards the match to Sting.
The announcers rejoice that Aces and Eights are gone forever but question who had the deciding vote in this match. The hooded man walks back up the ramp and is met by Eric Bischoff. The two men hug as Anderson and Sting recover in the ring.
Sting defeated Mr Anderson
- Bischoff has a microphone as he talks to the two recovering wrestlers in the ring. Bischoff says that they are both disgraceful. He says Anderson is disgraceful for joining Aces and Eights and Sting is disgraceful for almost losing to Anderson and having Aces and Eights still around. Bischoff said he knew this would happen and that he had someone waiting in the wings just incase. Bischoff says the man beside him is from "the competition" and is going to assist him in cleaning TNA up. Bischoff tells the man to reveal himself and the man does so. he slowly removes his hood revealing that he is TED DIBIASE JR!
the crowd give a mixed reaction as Bischoff calls out security and tells them to remove both pieces of "human garbage" from "his ring"
Security do what they're told, they handcuff a groggy Sting and Anderson and take them through the crowd and out of the arena. Bischoff says that TNA will be cleaned up whether the fans like it or not and that if they're mad they can kiss his ass. Bischoff tells the fans to enjoy the main event and leaves with Ted Dibiase Jr.
- We cut to the announcers who hype the main event. Tenay and Striker say they are thinking AJ is going to win this one. Taz says nothing he's obviously distraught that Aces and Eights are now no more. We cut to a highlight video of the AJ and Bully feud featuring things like AJ's return to take out Aces and Eights, AJ winning the Triple Threat to earn a title shot and more interactions between him and Bully.
TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match:
AJ Styles Vs Bully Ray (C)
Special Enforcer: Hulk Hogan
Hulk Hogan gets the first entrance as he comes out and gets a massive reaction from the audience. He walks down to the ring and tears his T-Shirt before tossing it into the crowd. He shakes referee Earl Hebners hand and exits the ring taking his designated chair at ringside. "Evil Ways" hits next as AJ Styles walks out looking pumped up. Jeremy Borash gives him a great formal ring introduction as AJ enters the ring immediately posing on the turnbuckle. Some fans chant "Next World Champ at him" as AJ smiles and awaits his opponent. Bully Ray is out next to his old Team 3.D music because Aces and Eights is history. He walks down looking angry and throws the TNA World Title in the ring. AJ and Bully get in eachothers faces as Earl calls for the bell.
The two immediately begin brawling mid ring but AJ has had enough pretty quickly and attempts the Pele on Bully Ray but Bully dodges that and immediately begins striking away at AJ. Bully has a clear size advantage and is using it right now on AJ who can't get out of this position. Referee Hebner makes Bully open up the hands and he does so. Bully locks in a choke on AJ but AJ is near the ropes and gets a foot on the ropes. Bully breaks the hold but quickly picks AJ up and attempts an Electric Chair Drop right in the middle of the ring but AJ turns this into a Tornado DDT earning himself a 2 count. AJ quickly gets to the top rope and hits a top rope rana as Bully flies to the other side of the ring.
AJ attempts the Styles Clash but Bully turns this into an Alabama Slam type manevour right in the middle of the ring. Bully attempts a pin but only gets a 2 count before choking away at AJ. Tenay questions if AJ can come back from being dominated early on as Striker says AJ is versatile and can take a lot in the ring. As Striker finishes his sentence he's hit with a Samoan Drop from the 250+ pound Bully who squashes him but AJ yet again kicks out. Bully climbs to the top rope and attempts his infamous leg drop but misses allowing AJ a chance to get back into the match and he does immediately hitting the Pele kick right to Bully knocking him to his knees. AJ hits a Powerbomb and attempts to turn it into a Styles Clash but Bully counters it.
As AJ and Bully struggle for dominance in the match suddenly Devon rushes down to the ring. Hogan punches Devon a couple of times as the two brawl up the ramp and to the back. Bully attempts the Bully Bomb but AJ turns Bully around and hits the Styles Clash right in the middle of the ring. AJ looks at the crowd who encourage him to do something else as AJ climbs to the top rope and plays to the crowd who cheer him. AJ hits a Spiral Tap right onto Bully Ray and hooks the leg for the one, two and the three. The bell rings as Jeremy Borash announces "Ladies and Gentlemen your winner and NEW TNA World Heavyweight Champion, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles!"
AJ is handed the belt by Earl Hebner. He looks at it and starts tearing up as the crowd erupts into an "AJ" chant. AJ poses on each corner turnbuckle as confetti drops from the rafters. Pyro explodes from the stage as we fade away with the image of AJ Styles crying in the ring with the TNA World Heavyweight Title held over his head.
AJ Styles defeated Bully Ray to win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
PPV Buy Rate: 25,000
Show Rating: B-