TNA Impact Wrestling Results
- The opening video package plays showing Raven returning last week to fight with Abyss and winning the TNA Television Title. We then see highlights from Magnus/Bully last week which of course resulted in Magnus winning the TNA World Heavyweight Title. The video ends with Eric Bischoff raising Magnus' hand as we cut to the GSU Arena in Atlanta and are greeted by Tenay, Striker and Taz who hype up Gunner and Storm Vs Bad Influences and the Chris Sabin challenge. Striker says he's been looking around for the mystery opponent all day but hasn't had any luck.
Main Event Mafia music starts as Samoa Joe and Sting walk down to the ring dressed in suits. They enter the ring before Sting is handed a microphone by Christy Hemme. Sting immediately goes for a cheap pop talking about how he loves Atlanta which gets a pop from the audience. Sting says it's now onto business he talks about how the Main Event Mafia made an exception when they formed because they knew Magnus would be a future TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Sting says Magnus has now realized his true potential and the crowd cheers. Sting says he won't make them wait any longer and invites out Magnus.
A clearly banged up Magnus walks out with bandages on his forehead but the TNA World Heavyweight Title over his shoulder. He removes his sun glasses and looks into the crowd before shaking some hands at ringside and entering the ring. Sting hands him the microphone as Magnus shakes hands with both Sting and Samoa Joe. Magnus gets on the microphone before saying that last week his dream came true. Magnus talks about his time in England and how he dreamed of being World Heavyweight Champion and he is now. Magnus raises the belt over his head as suddenly Aces and Eights music plays.
The entire Aces and Eights group consisting of Bully, Anderson, Devon, Garrett, Wes and Knux all walk out and stand on the ramp. Also in tow is a man in a suit who stands right next to a clearly angry Bully. Bully has a microphone and begins telling Magnus how last week was unfair. Bully says Magnus "dreamed" of being World Heavyweight Champion and that it didn't happen. Bully points to the big screen as we see footage from the match last week specifically the Cloverleaf finisher. Bischoff calls for the bell as Bully claims he did not tap or give up. Bully says he was screwed and that the man next to him is an attorney.
Bully says Magnus is in possession of stolen property and if it isn't returned to him then there is 2 Cops in the back who will deal with it and his lawyer will deal with it also. Magnus looks hesitant in the ring as Sting and Joe tell him not to give the belt up. As confusion continues in the ring the music of Eric Bischoff starts as he walks down the ramp past Aces and Eights and enters the ring. He's handed a microphone by Magnus as Eric starts speaking.
Eric says Bully is speaking the truth and that Magnus will have to give up the World Heavyweight Title. Eric says he wasn't a sanctioned official and had no right to award the match to Magnus. Magnus and the rest of the Mafia are furious but hand the title to Eric to more boo's from the audience. Eric says that Bully Ray is still the World Heavyweight Champion and that the Magnus title reign "doesn't exist" which causes more boo's. Bully interrupts saying he doesn't want to hang around for corporate "B.S" and sends Garrett Bischoff down to collect the belt. Garrett stands on the apron as Eric says "Hold on, Bully you may want to stay for this one" Eric continues by saying that tonight there will be a match to decide who will challenge for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at Bound For Glory.
Bully smirks before asking which "sclubs" would be involved in that match. Eric says it'll be a Triple Threat match between AJ Styles, Magnus and...MR ANDERSON! Bully freaks out on stage as the crowd pops huge. Anderson has a smile on his face as Magnus is clearly pumped for another shot at the title. Eric says this will be a huge match on Impact and encourages Bully to enjoy his title reign while it lasts. Garrett is handed the belt and walks back to deliver it to Bully as Anderson and Bully glare at eachother. We cut to break with Tenay questioning if Anderson and Bully are on the same page.
TNA Singles Match:
Samoa Joe Vs Wes Brisco
We come back from commercial to see Samoa Joe warming up with his suit in the corner. Wes Brisco is high fiving Aces and Eights members as they leave him to walk down to the ring alone. Wes enters the ring and is quickly attacked by Samoa Joe starting the match.
Joe wasn't messing around in this match as he repeatedly kicks Wes in the legs before hitting him with an Enziguri to the head. Joe doesn't stop even for a second as he picks up Wes and throws him into the corner and repeatedly chops him. Wes can't handle it as his chest is now bleeding. Joe lifts him to the top rope and tosses him right off the turnbuckle and into the middle of the ring. Joe quickly goes for a pin but Wes kicks out at 2 and rolls to the floor. Joe isn't going to be stopped by this though as he follows Wes to the outside and tosses him head first into the guard rail knocking the Aces and Eights member out.
Joe throws Wes back into the ring but as Wes tries to roll away Joe grabs him by the arms and hits a curbstomp right onto Wes. Wes is seemingly out cold as Joe goes for a pin but Wes kicks out at 2 but is quickly thrown into the corner again. Joe kicks and punches away at Wes until Wes drops into the corner. Joe performs some face washes on Wes before running from the other corner and delivering a face wash right to the face of Wes. Wes grabs at his face as Joe picks him up and places him on the top turnbuckle.
The rest was by the book as Joe simply hit a Muscle Buster right into the middle of the ring and locked in a rear naked choke. Wes was already out cold as referee Brian Stiffler simply called for the bell and awarded Samoa Joe the match. Joe refuses to release the hold however as referee Stiffler calls for help from the back and the Hebner brothers run out and convince Joe to release the hold.
As Joe stands over Wes, Tenay questions whether or not Joe is still mad over last week. "Of course he is" replies Striker as Taz says that Joe really needs to be more respectable towards the Aces and Eights.
Samoa Joe defeated Wes Brisco
- As Joe continues to stand over Wes the crowd erupts into boo's as Garrett Bischoff has entered the ring. Garrett is quickly thrown to the floor but Knux is behind Joe and boots him in the face. Devon quickly rushes down also as all members of Aces and Eights have recovered. It's 4 on 1 as the crowd suddenly erupts into cheers as Jeff Hardy sprints down with a chair in hand. He enters the ring and wildly swings the chair causing Aces and Eights to scurry out of the ring. Hardy encourages them to enter the ring as Knux jumps up on the apron. Hardy swings at him but Knux dodges it and jumps down off the apron before scampering away. Jeff Hardy has a microphone as he says Aces and Eights should meet his first partner for Bound For Glory. SAMOA JOE! A hurt Joe raises to his feet with the assistance of Jeff as we cut away
- We cut to the back where Magnus is standing by with Jeremy Borash. Borash asks Magnus about his quest for the World Heavyweight Title. Magnus says he's won that belt before and even though it's been taken away from him he wants it back. He says he likes AJ Styles but tonight he's going down and so is Mr Anderson. Magnus says he wants revenge on Bully Ray more than he wants the World Heavyweight Title. Magnus says he'll see AJ and Anderson in the ring tonight before walking away.
TNA Singles Match:
Chris Sabin Vs Manik
Manik is on his way to the ring as Striker makes note that Manik has been on a losing streak as of late. Tenay makes note that it was announced earlier tonight on impactwrestling.com that Manik will collide with Greg Marasciulo and Petey Williams at Bound For Glory in an Ultimate X match to find a number 1 contender for the X-Division Title. "Hail Sabin" starts up as Sabin walks out ready for action. He high fives some fans at ringside before entering the ring ready for action.
Referee Earl Hebner calls for the bell starting the match as Sabin and Manik lock up. They chain wrestle equally at first but Manik eventually takes control hitting a side head lock takeover and wrenching in the head lock on Sabin. Sabin gets control back though locking in his own head lock but pushing Manik away. As Manik turns around he's hit with a drop kick causing him to fall to the floor. Sabin waits for him to enter back in the ring as Manik whips him off the ropes and delivers a Rolling Wheel Kick straight to the face of Sabin which gets Manik a quick 2 count but Sabin is still too strong to go down for the loss.
Sabin eventually gets his groove as the former TNA World Heavyweight Champion throws Manik into the corner and hits a back flip dropkick onto him. Tenay says he doesn't think he's ever seen something like that as Sabin hits a dropsault on Manik who was in the corner knocking him to the floor on the outside. Sabin climbs to the top turnbuckle and as Manik stands on the outside Sabin hits a shooting star press right onto Manik. The two take their time to recover on the floor as the crowd erupts into a "Holy shit" chant causing Sabin to rise with an adrenaline rush. He throws Manik back into the ring but as he enters the ring he's met with a Rana by Manik. Manik climbs to the top rope and hits a cross body onto Sabin getting himself a 2 count.
Sabin rolls out of the pin attempt as Manik sprints at him. Manik hits the turnbuckle chest first as Sabin hits a backcracker on Manik but refuses to break the backcracker position and now has Manik in a submission hold. Manik gets to the ropes as Sabin picks him up and delivers the Hail Sabin right in the middle of the ring. He pins Manik as Earl Hebner drops down and counts to three awarding Sabin the win.
Post match Sabin celebrates in the ring as Tenay goes into hype mode for the X-Division Title match at Bound For Glory saying it'll be one for the ages as we cut to commercial break.
Chris Sabin defeated Manik
- We come back from commercial with a video of Hulk Hogan at a Florida hospital working his way back to health. We see Hulk doing basic cardio and even some weights. An interview is held with Hulk as he says he feels good and he'll be back to work next week with a huge announcement that'll shake TNA to it's very core. Hogan asks what we're gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on us as we cut to the back
- In the back Mickie James and Velvet Sky are arguing over who the better wrestler is. Velvet is making the argument that she's better because she beat Mickie last week. Mickie says she's beat every Knockout in the back and that nobody can beat her. Eric Bischoff is on the scene as he tells the ladies to calm down. Eric says he thinks the Knockouts are extremely talented and says at Bound For Glory Mickie will have a chance to prove her worth. Eric says at Bound For Glory it will be Mickie James defending the Knockouts Championship against Gail Kim, ODB and Velvet Sky in a fatal four way match. Mickie is clearly upset as Eric wishes her luck and walks away.
TNA Singles Match:
Chavo Guerrero W/ Anarquia Vs Homicide W/ Hernandez
Chavo is out first with Anarquia as the duo called "Revolution X" walk out ready for the upcoming singles match. Homicide and Hernandez are out next representing the Latino American Xchange. Homicide enters the ring as he and Chavo have a stare down as referee Brian Hebner checks each of them for weapons and calls for the bell.
Chavo and Homicide immediately start brawling with Homicide dominating early on throwing Chavo to the floor and brawling out there. They use assorted ringside weapons on eachother which are met by a warning from Brian Hebner. Anarquia and Hernandez make sure to keep out of the way as Homicide throws Chavo over the announcers table causing Chavo to land in the announcers laps. Chavo tries to escape over the guard rail but is dragged back onto the floor and throw into the ring where Homicide continues his vicious assault choking Chavo with his boot. Referee Hebner warns Homicide about the choking but as Homicide is distracted Chavo hits him with a low blow that the referee doesn't see.
Chavo has the advantage now as he quickly hits a number of kicks to the back of Homicide and hits a neck snap right in the middle. Chavo holds it and tries to get Homicide to tap but Homicide breaks out of the hold and kicks Chavo away. Homicide delivers a huge lariat right to Chavo as the crowd cheers. Homicide quickly picks Chavo up and attempts a Cop Killa but Chavo is to close to the ropes and simply holds on not allowing Homicide to get any elevation. Chavo turns and kicks Homicide in the chest knocking him to the mat and attempts a basement dropkick but misses.
Homicide and Chavo continue fighting as referee Brian Hebner is quickly thrown to the mat by Chavo. Anarquia slides into the ring but Hernandez is there to stop him. The four men begin brawling as referee Hebner quickly calls for the bell signalling the end of the match. The four men continue to brawl around the arena and to the back as Tenay suggests that this feud is far from over.
Chavo Guerrero and Homicide wrestled to a draw
- We cut to the back as Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian are standing by with Jeremy Borash. Daniels and Kazarian are asked how they'll deal with the successful duo of Storm and Gunner. Daniels says that Storm and Gunner are simply a make shift team and that he and Kazarian are a well oiled machine. Daniels mentions the multiple successes of the team and questions Borash on how he could doubt Bad Influences. Kazarian gets some mic time saying that it doesn't matter how big these guys are. Bad Influences is going for the tag titles at Bound For Glory and that's a fact.
- We cut to another part of the arena as Gunner and James Storm with the tag titles around their waists walk towards the ring. Striker says this match will be next as we cut to commercial break.
TNA Tag Team Match:
Bad Influence Vs Gunner and James Storm
We return from commercial as the music of Bad Influence plays and out they come cockily strutting down to the ring. Tenay says they're cocky for a reason and talks about their 2 World Tag Title reigns. Taz questions whether or not it could be three after Bound For Glory as James Storm's music brings out the duo of Gunner and Storm who walk down to the ring with intense looks on their faces
Gunner and Daniels start out as Gunner immediately isn't falling for any of Daniels stall techniques and kicks him in the gut before whipping him off the ropes and delivering a back body drop on him. A clearly scared Daniels tags in Kazarian who charges at Gunner but is hit with a massive clothesline knocking him down. Gunner grabs Kazarian and throws him into the corner before tagging in Storm who punches away at Kazarian in the corner. Storm hits a nice suplex right to the middle of the ring before quickly bouncing off the ropes and kicking a seated Kazarian right in the face. Kazarian grabs at his face before rolling to the corner and tagging in Daniels.
Daniels was dominated for a little bit by Storm that was until Daniels reversed one of Storm's irish whips and hit him with a hurricarana. This leads to Daniels kicking away at Storm and quickly tagging in Kazarian. The two hit a double suplex on Storm which gets Kazarian a two count. Kazarian tries to lure Gunner out and Gunner quickly tries to enter the ring but is stopped by referee Brian Stiffler. Kazarian chokes away at Storm with his boot directly in the throat of Storm as Gunner argues with Stiffler. As Stiffler turns around Kazarian is given until 5 to break the choke and does so at 4. Storm isn't looking good at all but manages a few punches to the stomach of Kazarian before hitting a side slam causing both men to be laid out. Gunner is begging for the tag as Storm tags him in but at the very same moment Kazarian tags in Daniels
Gunner is like a house on fire as he hits a huge kick to the face of Daniels and grabs Kazarian hitting a Samoan Drop. Gunner beats his chest as the crowd erupts into cheers. Daniels low blows him and rolls him up however as referee Brian Stiffler counts but Gunner kicks out at 2. Daniels and Kazarian hit a double DDT right in the middle of the ring as Christopher Daniels climbs to the top rope and hits the Best Moonsault Ever onto Gunner. Daniels would of had the three but Storm breaks up the count. Storm and Kazarian continue to brawl and whilst referee Stiffler is distracted by getting them both out of the ring Daniels reaches into his tights and has a pair of brass knuckles on. He punches Gunner three times in the face with the brass knucks and Gunner drops. Daniels quickly pins Gunner for the three count and the victory.
Post match an exhausted Daniels and Kazarian celebrate in the ring and hug eachother. Tenay says that will be a huge match at Bound For Glory as Striker questions if Daniels and Kazarian can beat Storm and Gunner cleanly. Taz interrupts saying any victory is a victory and that in the history books Bad Influence have defeated Gunner and Storm.
Bad Influence defeated Gunner and James Storm
- Eric is in the back talking on the telephone. He tells the other person on the phone that he'll send the contract through after the show tonight. "You can't show up until Bound For Glory?" asks Eric. "Fine, that's okay. I understand the whole 90 days thing. Went through it myself. I'll see you at Bound For Glory" says Eric as we cut away to commercial break.
- Another video for Hulk. Did you know he's back next week live on Impact?
- We cut to the back where a hand held camera is filming the outside of a building. Sitting on a bunch of crates is Raven who has the TNA Television Title next to him. Raven addresses Abyss and talks about Abyss regaining his sanity. Raven says he just wants whats best for Abyss and that is Abyss letting his anger out in healthy doses. Raven says the ultimate test will come at Bound For Glory. "How?" asks Raven "You'll see" he says as we cut away.
- We cut back to the arena where Chris Sabin is on the ramp. He talks about his Sabin challenge and says Shelley had a warm up last week and that this weeks challenger could very well be the one to beat him. Sabin says he won't make the fans wait any longer and reveals Shelleys opponent for tonight. His opponent is none other than Wrestle-1's KAZ HAYASHI. Hayashi walks down to the ring as Sabin walks to the back.
TNA X-Division Championship Match:
Alex Shelley (C) Vs Kaz Hayashi
Hayashi enters the ring and bows to referee Brian Stiffler before standing in his corner and warming up in the ring. Tenay goes into hype mode for Wrestle-1 talking about Muta and how Hayashi is one of their top Junior Heavyweights. Alex Shelley's music plays next and out comes the X-Division Champion looking worried. He enters the ring and hands the belt to Stiffler who calls for the bell.
Shelley and Hayashi lock up but Hayashi is adequately prepared as he locks in an arm wringer and wrenches it in until Shelley is on his knee's looking for the ropes. Referee Stiffler asks if he wants to give it up but Shelley says no and reverses it into a hammerlock. Hayashi drops down and rolls out of the hold and hits a drop toe hold on Shelley before baseball sliding Shelley to the floor. Hayashi gets the crowd to clap along with him as he bounces off the ropes and hits a suicide dive onto Shelley which gets the crowd into a frenzy. Both Hayashi and Shelley are hurt as referee Stiffler starts counting them out.
The two make it back into the ring at around the seven count as they start trading strikes in the centre of the ring. Hayashi is having none of it however as he slaps Shelley and hits him with an Enziguri to the face. Shelley is still standing as Hayashi bounces off the ropes and delivering a snap kick right to the head of Shelley knocking him to the mat. Hayashi pins Shelley but Shelley kicks out at 2 but Hayashi is having none of that and attempts a German Suplex but Shelley counters out that and hits an Electric Chair Drop on Hayashi. Hayashi quickly recovers though and hits a moonsault off the top rope and onto Shelley.
Shelley kicked out at two but was clearly tired as Hayashi attempted an irish whip but it was countered and Hayashi was sent into the corner. Shelley rushes in and quickly hits Sliced Bread Number 2 but Hayashi kicks out at 2. Shelley can't believe it as Hayashi is on his feet and kicking away at Shelley legs. Hayashi attempts a Tornado DDT but Shelley gets behind him and rolls him up. Shelleys feet are all over the ropes as referee Stiffler counts to three and awards Shelley the match.
Shelley stumbles back up the ramp as an angry Hayashi tries to explain in Japanese that he was robbed. Tenay says that he feels bad for Hayashi and that he put in a hell of a performance here tonight but just couldn't get it done. Taz questions who Sabin has in store for Shelley next week as Shelley poses on the ramp with the X-Division Title.
Alex Shelley defeated Kaz Hayashi to retain the TNA X-Division Championship
- We cut to the back where a pumped up AJ Styles is standing by with Jeremy Borash. Borash asks AJ about tonights main event and AJ says tonight it's a money match. It's all on the line and it's a huge main event. He says every wrestler wants to be in the main event of Bound For Glory. AJ says it's his dream, it's Magnus' dream and it's Mr Andersons dream. AJ says tonight he's going to win and he's going to be the man to end Bully Ray's title run.
- We get a hype video showing each mans journey. We see Mr Anderson as second in command to Bully Ray. We see AJ losing out on the Bound For Glory series and lastly we see Magnus and his great rise through the Bound For Glory series and even his title "win" over Bully Ray. The video ends with the question of who will go onto Bound For Glory.
TNA Number 1 Contenders Triple Threat Match:
AJ Styles Vs Magnus Vs Mr Anderson
We come back from a commercial break as Aces and Eights music brings out Mr Anderson who walks down to the ring looking cocky and ready for the match that is ahead of him. He enters the ring as "Evil Ways" plays bringing out AJ Styles who walks down to the ring and enters. He's checked for weapons by referee Earl Hebner as Main Event Mafia music brings out Magnus who is visibly still hurt but is clearly pumped up. He walks down to the ring slapping high fives at ringside and enters the ring. He's checked for weapons and does not have any so the referee calls for the bell.
AJ and Magnus immediately attack Anderson as he is thrown into the corner. AJ chops him as does Magnus. The two take turns trying to out chop eachother as Magnus and AJ hit a double suplex on Anderson right into the middle causing him to roll to the floor. AJ and Magnus now slap hands before facing off with eachother and locking up. AJ takes the advantage and works on Magnus' hurt arm with an arm bar. Magnus counters out though and hits a Death Valley Driver right in the middle of the ring. He pins AJ but the pin is broken up at 2 by Mr Anderson who stomps away at Magnus and throws him into the corner. Anderson lifts him to the top turnbuckle and is about to attempt a Superplex but AJ is now up there with them. AJ balances Anderson on his shoulders and drops Anderson with a back suplex. AJ gets up relatively quickly but is met with a flying forearm from Magnus who gets to his feet and starts celebrating before quickly attempting a pin on AJ which results in only a 2 count.
Mr Anderson then took advantage of the match keeping AJ on the outside at all times and working down on Magnus' hurt arm with a number of moves. Magnus' arm looked like it was hanging by a thread as Anderson used the ropes and pulled on it. Magnus couldn't bare it anymore and luckily for him AJ Styles hit a missile dropkick straight to the face of Anderson. AJ throws Magnus to the floor before quickly climbing to the top rope and hitting the Spiral Tap on Anderson but Anderson kicks out barely at 2. AJ quickly throws him into the ropes and as Anderson comes back off the ropes he's hit with a picture perfect dropsault. AJ hits a baseball slide on Magnus knocking him to the floor as AJ shouts "STYLES CLASH" to a big reaction from the audience.
The Styles Clash is what AJ attempted next but as he got Anderson in position for it Magnus was back in the ring and hit a clothesline with his good arm. Anderson quickly recovered locking in a solid looking arm breaker. Magnus is about to tap but AJ has recovered and throws Anderson into the corner and hits him with a flying forearm in the corner. AJ turns his attention to Magnus but Magnus overpowers him and hits him with a Powerbomb. AJ rolls to the floor as Magnus hits a Death Valley Driver onto Anderson. Magnus locks in his Cloverleaf as Anderson screams in pain and looks for the ropes. AJ slowly crawls into the ring as Magnus wrenches the hold in more. AJ quickly grabs Magnus from the Cloverleaf position. Kicks him in the stomach and delivers a Styles Clash right in the middle. An exhausted AJ is attacked by Anderson who throws him into the corner and places him on the top turnbuckle. Anderson attempts a Superplex but is hit with a Styles Clash off the top turnbuckle. The audience are going crazy as AJ pins Anderson for the three count and the victory.
Post match an exhausted AJ is out cold in the ring as are Magnus and Anderson. Tenay, Striker and Taz go into hype mode over the match saying it's amazing and of course plug AJ/Bully at Bound For Glory for the TNA World Heavyweight Title. AJ recovers in the ring as Magnus is also up and clearly hurt. The two shake hands and hug as they turn their attention to Anderson who is on his knees in the corner. AJ offers his hand to Anderson who takes it. AJ helps Anderson up as he and Anderson shake hands. Magnus reluctantly shakes Andersons hand also as we fade to black.
AJ Styles defeated Magnus and Mr Anderson to become the number 1 contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
Attendance: 4500 (Sell Out)
TV Rating: 1.2