Friday Night Smackdown
Friday 30th August 2013
Live from the EnergySolutions Arena
Salt Lake City, Utah
Khali def. Mysterio
Ziggler def. RVD
Reigns def. Kane
Fandango def. Orton
Sheamus def. Swagger
Orton comes out to a huge pop and gets in the ring.
I'm not one for many words, but... I do feel I owe all of you here in Salt Lake City *crowd pops*
... and the entire WWE Universe a thank you for choosing me to compete for the WWE Championship at Survivor Series. I--
Well, well, well... the WWE Universe chooses to "give" Randy Orton a WWE title at Surivior Series... I mean... I guess I shouldn't be surprised by a bunch of Mormons, who probably believe in giving away as much unearned stuff as they do taking in taking wives. *The crowd errupts in massive boos*
Talk about being, "Un-American." *The boos continue*
Swagger, I'm not gonna stand here and let you disrespect these people like this and I damn sure ain't gonna let you disrespect me by saying I was given a hand-out... I earned my title shot when I beat you two weeks ago, in the "Dynamic Duo" match here on Smackdown--1, 2, 3. *Crowd pops*
(Smirks) All you people do is cheer Orton! He has you all in the palms of his hands--he can do NO WRONG to you people. You shouldn't be cheering him! You should be cheering me--A REAL...AMERICAN, AMERICAN, AMERICAN HERO! Not someone like Orton, who went AWOL from the Marines like a coward! How's that for your American 'hero'?! *Massive heat*
Orton is seething.
I'm a two-time, All-American, record-setting, amateur wrestler from OU--that's the University of Oklahoma to you backwards idiots! *More boos*
And two Sunday's from now... I'll be your all-AMERICAN, AMERICAN, AMERICAN...W.W.E...Champion!
Swagger smirks as he backs up the ramp; Orton looks vehement as he stands in the ring speechless, glaring back at Swagger.
- Khali earns a WWE roster spot; Mysterio is eliminated from the "WOLIA" games. Khali applies the Vise Grip to Mysterio so long--he passes out. The medics and security have to come out to separate Khali's hands from Mysterio's head. Mysterio's mask is turned backwards as he lays lifeless, while getting medical attention. The medics pulls up Mysterio's mask some so that he can breathe and we see Mysterio bleeding from the nose and mouth; Khali walks to the back unfazed as the crowd erupts in massive boos.
- Ziggler keeps his WWE roster spot and earns a #1 contenders opportunity; RVD is eliminated from the "WOLIA" games.
- Vignette aired of a man wearing an orange, Buddhist robe, sitting alone in front of a Khmer Temple, in Angkor Wat, Cambodia. He says a couple of months ago, I lost my family, my inheritance, my career was slipping away and I was on the verge of giving up. I decided I needed to get far away from it all and was on a plane headed for the Philippines, when the plane ran into a storm and crashed down in Cambodia--this is my story...
Teddy Long catches up to Khali backstage for an interview.
[looking and sounding a bit intimidated] Khali, almost three weeks ago, you shocked the entire WWE Universe with your vicious actions against John Cena, that left him eliminated from the "WOLIA" games and unemployed by the WWE. And then tonight, you completely decimate Rey Mysterio in a similar, unmerciful manner... now if you would please care to explain yourself, myself and the entire WWE Universe would like to know... "Why"?
Khali: Gets up in Teddy's space to the point that he and Teddy are touching, as he stares down at Teddy.
Teddy looks confused as his head returns to eye level, where the camera pans to Daivari. *Slight boos*
Daivari: Grabs Teddy's hand with the mic still attached and gets close to it, with an intense stare at Teddy
No more games... He then throws Teddy's hand away and walks off *Crowd boos*
[COLOR="Blue"]The camera pans in on Teddy looking really flustered and then pans out showing Khali is still there staring at Teddy with an intense glare as Daivari stands behind him. Teddy timidly turns around and walks away.
- Reigns earns a WWE roster spot; Kane is eliminated from the "WOLIA" games. After the match, Kane sticks his hand out to shake Reigns' hand, but Reigns just stares at, looks up at Kane and smirks before leaving the ring. *Crowd boos*
- Swagger sat at the announcer booth with JBL and Michael Cole. From Swagger being out during Orton's match, along with the comments Swagger said about him earlier in the show--it seems to have Orton off his game a bit, with Fandango looking more dominant through-out the match. Near the end of the match, when Orton seemed to be gaining momentum to put Fandango away, Swagger jumped on the ring apron, allowing Orton to finally get his hands on Swagger by hitting him with a European uppercut, knocking Swagger to the floor. But upon turning his attention back to Fandango, Orton was caught with "A Bid Farewell" by Fandango, who gets the pin. Swagger:
[yelling] Do I have your attention yet?
- Swagger seemed more confident than his usually confident self tonight, as he had the upper-hand for most of the match against Sheamus. After hitting the "Red, White and Blue" powerbomb on Sheamus, Swagger begins to taunt Sheamus and the crowd and sets Sheamus up for the "Patriot Lock" when Orton comes rushing to the ring from Swagger's backside, spins him towards him and hits the "RKO"
--allowing Sheamus to get the pin. Orton exits the ring, grabs a mic and looks at Swagger Orton: