- With the only match that went over two minutes at Extreme Rules being John Cena vs. Randy Orton, Dave Meltzer only awarded that match a rating - with a rating of 2 1/2 stars. "A mess of a main event that is typical of Vince Russo booking" were his choice of words.
- Heavy criticism of the Cody Rhodes "homosexuality" angle has reached major news outlets. Russo is reportedly happy with the "controversy" and plans to put even more spotlight on the angle in future shows.
- Major rumour breaking that Randy Orton is reportedly unhappy with his position in the company.
- Preliminary buys estimation for 50 Shades are 160k, a 20k bump up from the equivalent 2012 PPV.
Quick PPV report:
- Jerry Lawler fired, replaced by Oklahoma on commentary
- CM Punk announced as special guest ref for Orton-Cena
- Primetime Players retain titles against Team GenericNo
- New "masked men" angle, attacking various competitors through the show
- Returning R-Truth wins the Intercontinental Title, while JTG wins the Confederate Championship
- Ric Flair returns, begins feud with Triple H
- Tyson Kidd wins "First Blood Battle Royale" after dumping blood from the ceiling on the 14 other men
- Jim Cornette begs for mercy instead of fighting Russo in "Double Pole" match
- CM Punk becomes first Unified World Champion, despite only being referee in match
- The "New Blood" is formed, with Russo, CM Punk, Flair and Tyson Kidd as the stable members
- DX reunites (HBK and Triple H) to take on the NB, but are decimated
- Ron Simmons appears at end of broadcast, but doesn't say "damn"