The Definition of Excellence
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Animated Open/Pyro/Ballyhoo (0:45)
- Shows clips of John Henningan, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Fit Finlay, Uhaa Nation and Sami Callihan.
- A Voice over talks about the spirit of competition. The desire to be the best. The drive. The motivation. The competitive spirit. It's what moves us. It's what propels us forward. CWA is the proving ground where the best wrestlers, lay claim to being the Best in the World.
12:07:00 + 4:00 = 12:11:00
- IN RING: Larry Zbyszko
- Larry Zbyszko Promo: For those of you who have been living under a rock for the better part of half a century, my name is Larry Zbyszko! I'm Pro Wrestling's only Living Legend! I'm here tonight to welcome you all to the debut of CWA Pro Wrestling on WGN AMERICA!
- Larry pauses to give the fans a chance to cheer.
- CAMERAS PAN ARENA AT CHEERING FANS.
- Larry Zbyszko Promo: CWA is truly one of the premier wrestling leagues in the world! The best of the best are here to compete. Name's like Fit Finlay. Names like John Henningan. Names like MVP.
- Mike Bennett w/ Maria Music and Entrance
- Mike Bennett Promo: Larry, Larry, Larry... Larry. You may be a living legend.. but right now, your wasting the precious air time that should be reserved, not for a legend, but for a prodigy!
- Bennett stops to pose for the fans as they begin to boo.
- Maria grabs Bennett by the shirt and pulls him in for a kiss.
- Larry looks on in disgust.
- Larry Zbyszko Promo: Are you kidding me right now! Get out of here with this garbage. We've got a show to produce!
- Mike Bennett Promo: Exactly. You've got a show to produce. A show your trying to produce without highlighting your biggest star! I wasn't featured in that little opening package. I wasn't featured in the intro. Now your going on and on and on about a bunch of has-been's and never-was like Fit Finlay and John Henningan! The spot light should now, and forever be, on wrestling biggest star! The Prodigy... Mike Bennett!
- Larry Zbyszko Promo: Kid.... saying your wrestling's biggest star is akin to saying your little floozy there knows how to keep her legs closed. It's a complete fabrication. A mockery of the truth. And simply put, complete B.S! Now will you get out of here, I have a show to put on!
- Mike Bennett punches Zbyszko in the face and starts an attack.
- Bennett holds Zbyszko from behind while Maria slaps him.
- Bennett throws Zbyszko to the ground and begins stomping away.
- Jonn Henningan Music as John rushes the ring.
- John grabs Bennett by the shoulder, spins him around, and lays into him.
- Maria flees from the ring.
- Morrison set's Bennett up for StarShip Pain but Maria pulls Bennett from the ring just in time.
- Bennett and Maria slowly back off as Morrison helps Zbyszko to his feet.
- CRASH TO BREAK
12:18:00 + 4:00 = 12:22:00
- ON CAMERA: Dave Prazak & Larry Zbyszko
- Dave Prazak: Good afternoon wrestling fans and welcome back to CWA PRO WRESTLING on WGN AMERICA. My name is Dave Prazak, along-side by brodcast partner, the Living Legend, Zbyszko. Lary, after what has been a pretty turmoil debut, it's been announced that in our main event next week... John Henningan will go one on one, with the self proclaimed "Prodigy" Mike Bennett. And Larry, just how are you feeling after that attack by Bennett?
- Larry Zbyszko: I'd like to say that I'm fine but the truth is I'm not! I'm out there trying to do my job, and some punk kid like Bennett is going to come out and attack me. I tell you what, I can't wait to see Henningan teach that little brat a lesson next week! And Bennett.. I'm mailing you my dental bill!
- Dave Prazak: Dental work aside Larry - and I hope it's as painless as possible for you - it will definitely be a great match to see! But right now let me send it over to my colleague in the ring, David Penzer, for our opening contest!
- Sami Callihan Muisc and Entrance.
- IN RING: Samurai Del Sol, David Penzer
- David Penzer: Laddies and Gentlemen, the following match is scheduled for 1 fall with a 10 minute time limit. Now making his way to the ring, from Bellefontaine, Ohio.. 5 ft 10, 200 pounds. The Callihan Death Machine.... Sami Callihan! And already in the ring, coming to us from Berwyn, Illinois. Standing at 5 ft 6in and weighting in at 180 pounds... Samuray del Sol!
- Match: 4 minutes Callihan dominates the match. Del Sol gets to show off at the start before Callihan starts to beat him down.
- Finish: Callihan goes over strong with the 64 Lariat.
- Announcer Note: Put over how sick/twisted Callihan is. Put over how devastating of a move the Lariat is.
- REPLAY OF: Callihan winning with the Lariat. From different angles and in slow motion.
- ON CAMERA: Dave Prazak & Larry Zybsko
- Dave Prazak: What an exciting match to start of the CWA! I can promise you this, it's only going to get bigger and better from here!
- Larry Zbyszko: I'm really not sure how we can top that. What a devastating, devastating move by Sami Callihan. Callihan Death Machine? Let me tell you something, couldn't be more fitting!
- Dave Prazak: Coming up after the break - our main event! Shelton Benjamin vs Montel Vontavious Porter.. M..V..P!
- CRASH TO BREAK
- BACKSTAGE: Chuck Taylor and Kenney Omega in the dressing room.
- Kenney Omega is watching Dragon Ball Z on the tv, and only half paying attention to Taylor as he rants on.
- Chuck Taylor: I can't believe this. Our debut on national TV and I don't even have a match! It isn't fair! It isn't right! It's... it's a travesty of justice!
- Kenney Omega: Uhuh... travesty of justice.... ya no.. have you ever noticed how in Dragon Ball Z... eight episodes later, its only been five minutes... yet.. at the same time... in the length of just three episodes months if not years can pass. The inconsistency is maddening...
- Chuck Taylor: ...What... Are you kidding me! Kenney! This is serious. We're being over looked already! We are the best damn wrestlers in this company! Were better then MVP... were better then John Henningan.. and were definitely better then that old fart Fit Finlay!
- Fit Finlay walks up behind Taylor. Omega gets wide eyed and tries to stop Taylor from ranting.
- Chuck Taylor: Seriously, a Shillelagh..., he needs to trade that in for a walking cain! Better yet a Hoveround! The old cripple should just hurry up and retire. I could beat him blindfolded. It's embarrassing! What... what's your problem Omega!? Spit it out!
- Kenney Omega, with one hand over his mouth (with his jaw dropped) and the other hand motioning for Taylor to turn around.
- Chuck Taylor turns around and sees Fit Finlay and lets out a girlish scream as he jumps back. He quickly regains his composure and tries to look tough.
- Fit Finlay: Do you have some kind of problem with me lad? Because, if you do, instead of standing back here watching cartoons and flapping your gums, maybe you'd like to grow a pair of balls and say something to me face?
- Chuck Taylor: I suppose here is where I'm suppose to apologize, right? I'm suppose to say I respect you, and all the things you've accomplished in pro wrestling. But I don't. I really don't. I can't. I just don't care.
- Fit Finlay: Well I suppose theirs really only one thing we can do about that now then isn't there lad?
- Finlay picks Taylor up by his shirt and slams him against the wall, holding him there.
- Taylor lets out a girlish scream, closes his eyes and cringes as if waiting for a punch.
- Kenney Omega jumps back and acts as though he's preparing for a Kamehameha ala Dragon Ball Z.
- Finlay waits a minute, and smiles before letting him down. He straightens Taylors shirt then pats him on the head.
- Fit Finlay: Now now, nothing to cry about. It's all in fun right?
- Omega lets out a sign of relief and Taylor begins to laugh nervously.
- Fit Finlay: (Laughing) However it just so happens, I've got an opening in my schedule for next week. It seems I've got some free time. So then lad, next week, whatdoyasay we keep the fun going?
- Chuck Taylor: Fun? Su...sure! I love fun. Don't you love fun Kenney!
- Kenney Omega: Oh, I love fun.
- Chuck Taylor: Yeah, I mean... cards.. Xbox...
- Kenney Omega: Magic the Gathering!?
- Taylor and Finlay both stop and glance eerily at Kenny for a minute before looking back at each other.
- Fit Finlay: You mean you haven't learned by now? My name.. is Finlay... and I love... (through clenched teeth) to fight!
- Chuck Taylor: (gulp) Fight?
- Fit Finlay: Fight! I'll see ya next week lad.
- Finlay walks off.
- GRAPHIC: John Henningan vs Mike Bennet w/ Maria - Next Week's main event.
- GRAPHIC: Fit Finlay vs Chuck Taylor - also next week.
- GRAPHIC: MVP vs Shelton Benjamin - NEXT!
- Main Event: Shelton Benjamin vs MVP
- Shelton Benjamin Music and Entrance
- David Penzer: Wrestling fans it is now time for our Main Event! Introducing first - from Orangeburg, South Carolina, standing 6ft 2in and weighting in at 248 pounds. He is professional wrestlings "Gold Standard" ... Shelton Benjamin!
- MVP Music and Entrance
- David Penzer: And next, making his way to the ring, he hails from Miami, Florida. Standing at 6ft 3in and weighting in at an impressive 252 pounds... Laddies and Gentlemen... Montel Vontavious Porter... M... V...P!
- Match: 4 minutes. Typical babyface vs babyface match. Both guys get there stuff in.
- Finish: MVP goes over with the Playmaker.
- MVP and Benjamin shake hands as the fans cheer them on.
- Uhaa Nation Music.
- Uhaa Nation walks out onto the entrance stage. He stares down MVP, and looks as menacing as possible.
- MVP and Benjamin look on cautiously at Uhaa Nation, MVP looking worried.
- Announcer Notes: Put over MVP and Benjamin as friends. They are having a sportsman like competition to see who's the best. These are the caliber of athlete we can expect from CWA.
- Announcer Notes: Who is this monster Uhaa Nation? What dose he want with MVP?
- END OF SHOW
12:07:00 + 4:00 = 12:11:00
- BACKSTAGE: John Henningan laying in a corner. His shirt half ripped off. His face covered in blood.
- John is coughing hard and holding his ribs.
- Paramedics are tending to John and slowly helping him to his feet.
- ON CAMERA: Larry Zybsko and Dave Prazak at the announce table.
- Dave Prazak: Ladies and Gentleman... Welcome to CWA Pro Wrestling, here on WGN America. As you can see we have some kind of a situation unfolding backstage evolving John Henningan, we'll try to get you more details about exactly what's happening as they become available.
- Larry Zybsoko: I bet you anything it's that little...punk! Mike Bennett!
- Dave Prazak: Bennett scheduled to face Henningan in our main event. Larry I'm curious, what makes you think Bennett would do something of such brutality to Henningan?
- Larry Zybszko: Well gee, I don't know Prazak. Attacking an old man last week for one!
- Dave Prazak: For those unsure of what Larry is referring to, let me take you back to last weeks edition of CWA Pro Wrestling.
- VIDEO PACKAGE: Recap of Mike Bennett and Maria interrupting and then attacking Larry Zybkso last week. Recap of John Henningan rushing in and making the save.
- Dave Prazak: The consequence of last weeks actions, our scheduled main event was John Henningan vs Mike Bennett. Again, we'll keep you updated as we receive information, but for now let me throw it to my colleague in the ring: David Penzer for our opening contest!
- In Ring: Chuck Taylor and David Penzer
- Fit Finlay Music and Entrance.
- David Penzer: Laddies and Gentlemen the following match is scheduled to one fall with a 10 minute time limit! Making his way to the ring from Belfast Ireland.. he weighed in tonight at 233 pounds, known as the "Fighting Irishman" Fit Finlay! And already in the ring, from Raccoon City, weighing in at 184 pounds... the "Kentucky Gentleman" Chuck Taylor!
- Match: 4 Minutes Fit Finlay squashes Chuck Taylor.
- Crash to Break
12:18:00 + 4:00 = 12:22:00
- BACKSTAGE: MVP with Becky Bayless
- Becky Bayless: Welcome back to CWA Pro Wrestling here on WGN America! I'm being joined right now by the guy who is half man, half amazing! Of course I'm talking about Montel Vontavious Porter, MVP!
- MVP: Thank you Becky! But I just don't have time to flirt with ya tonight. Hit me up later for my number.
- MVP takes the microphone from Becky and escorts her off camera.
- MVP: So I get here a little late to find out my boy, John Henningan, got jumped in the back. Convenient that they don't know who did it right? Convenient that trainers are saying John can't complete tonight. Convenient for who you ask? You should look no further then the man who has to benefit. Of course I'm talking about the man who was suppose to be John's opponent tonight, Mike Bennett! But Mikey, I'm afraid I got some bad news for ya. Don't pack up your ring gear yet! Because the main event... Mike Bennett goes one on one.. with M..V..P! I dare you.. I DARE YOU.. try on me what you tried to John Henningan. See what you can do when a man doesn't have his back turned!
- MVP drops the mic and walks off camera.
- VIDEO PACKAGE: A video package plays recapping Sami Callihan's brutal beating of Samurai del Sol last week. It features other competitors talking about how brutal of a move the 64 lariat is, as well as CWA's staff doctor discussing the damage to Samurai del Sol's neck.
- On CAMERA: Larry Zybsko and Dave Prazak
- David Prazak: An absolutely devastating, devastating maneuver the 64 lariat. Thankfully Samurai del Sol will be just fine... but how will Kenny Omega fair? Just announced laddies and gentleman, our opening contest for next week will feature Sami Callihan... one on one.. with Kenney Omega.
- Larry Zybsko: If I were Kenney Omega, I'd consider hanging up my boots, before Sami Callihan dose it for me. The kid's loopy enough already, watching cartoons backstage, without suffering another hit to the head!
- BACKSTAGE: Fit Finlay sitting in the locker room, taking his boots off.
- Chuck Taylor walks up to Finlay, huffing and puffing and trying to look intimidating.
- Fit Finlay: What? That beating wasn't enough for ya lad?
- Taylor doesn't respond, he just bows up his chest and continues his pitiful attempt to look intimidating.
- Finlay stands up, and Taylor jumps back and screams like a girl.
- Fit Finlay: Pathetic...
- Finlay waits a minute then starts to walk away.
- Chuck Taylor: Wait! Wait... Finlay... I just wanted to apologize for last week. I was wrong and especially after tonight, I do respect you.
- Fit Finlay: I'm listening.
- Chuck Taylor: I... I was hoping.... I was hoping you would consider being my mentor.
- Fit Finlay: Lad, mentoring isn't normally my thing... and in your case... well... especially in your case... it just be a waist of time.
- Finlay turns and walk off
- Chuck Taylor: Wait.. Fit! Wait!
- Taylor takes off after Finlay.
- Backstage: Mike Bennett with Maria.
- Becky Bayless walks up and interrupt.
- Becky Bayless: Mike.. a quick word, please. The people want to know. Why did you do it.. why did you attack John Henningan?
- Mike Bennett: Not that it's any of YOUR business, and not that any of you will likely beleive me - as if I cared - but I didn't jump John Henningan. I was more then looking forward to doing to him, what I'm about to do to MVP. Now get out of my way, I've got a match to win.
- Mike Bennett storms off past Becky Bayless while Maria laughs in her face as she passes by.
- In Ring: David Penzer
- David Penzer: Ladies and Gentleman.. it is now time for our MAIN EVENT! Now making his way to the ring, from Boston Massachusetts.. the self proclaimed "Prodigy," Mike Bennett!
- Mike Bennett Music and Entrance with Maria
- Crash to Break
- The match between Mike Bennett and MVP is already under way.
- Match: 6 minutes 30 seconds
- FINISH: Mike Bennett wins after MVP is distracted by Uhaa Nation's music. Bennett rolls up MVP for the quick 1..2..3
- Uhaa Nation and MVP stare each other down just like last week.
- Uhaa Nation makes his way to the ring and MVP and Uhaa stand face to face in the center of the ring while Bennett and Maria makes their way up the ramp.
- John Henningan Music and Entrance
- A bandaged up John Henningan pushes his way past Mike Bennett and rushes the ring... he attacks Uhaa Nation as the fans go crazy.
- Uhaa is unfazed by Henningan's attacks and beats the injured Henningan down.
- MVP tries to intervene and is the victim of a vicious clothesline by Uhaa.
- Uhaa picks up MVP and hits him with a power-bomb.
- Uhaa then picks up Henningan and power-bomb's him on top of MVP.
- As the fan's boo, Uhaa makes his way to the turnbuckle and climbs to the top rope.
- Uhaa Nation executes a shooting star press onto the pile of MVP and John Henningan.
- Uhaa stands menacingly over the beaten down pile of humanity.
- Mike Bennett grabs Maria by the arm and quickly makes his way up to entrance ramp, a look of shock on both of their faces.
- Larry Zybkso: I think at this point it's clear just who attacked Henningan at the start of the show... what a devastating attack!
- Dave Prazak: Just who is this man... and what are his intentions here in the CWA? One things for sure, his thirst for destruction is unlike anything we've seen in pro wrestling in a long, long time.
- END SHOW