Re: WWE 2012-13 - Change is coming
18 June 2012 - RAW
1) Stills of No Way out are shown with clips of commentary, as the video package summaries the WWE Title change and the circumstances surrounding it. The arena is shown without the usual intro or pyro. Suddenly all goes dark. Kane's pyro hits to bring out the new WWE champion. He is carrying the WWE Title belt in one hand, and a black bag in the other. Michael Cole welcomes viewers to Raw and says the WWE Universe is in shock after AJ screwed Punk out of the WWE Championship last night.
Kane enters the ring and throws his title to the ground. He takes a mic. He says he "didn't want or need AJ to get involved last night, but in some ways she is as disturbed as he is". Regardless, Kane says he is now WWE Champion and will enjoy a lengthy reign of destruction and fear. Kane picks up the WWE title belt.
"This is a toy, it has been held by lesser men than myself. I am a better champion than CM Punk, than John Cena, than Randy Orton. I am better than this."
Kane lays the belt down mid-ring and picks up the black bag. It's gas! Kane pours it over the belt, lights a match and sets the belt on fire. As the belt burns, Kane says he will "bring back the true championship in due time", before exiting the ring. The image of the WWE title belt on fire mid-ring fades as Raw goes to a break.
2) Raw comes back live as a replay of what just happened airs. Cole notes officials are "reassembling the damaged ring as we speak". CM Punk is shown backstage. He marches into an office looking for Vince, but he finds Teddy Long. Long says Mr McMahon isn't here yet as he has been in lengthy meetings to finalize his corporate re-structure. Punk says he is entitled to a one-on-one title rematch and he wants it tonight! The crowd is heard cheering. Long says he is in charge until Vince arrives, and books the match as the main event. He adds a stipulation; if AJ interferes in the match, Kane will lose the WWE Championship.
Ezekial Jackson is shown in the ring for the opening match of the night. Big Show's music hits. Cole recapps the events of No Way Out, saying Brodus Clay cost him a win over John Cena.
Big Show def. Ezekial Jackson via WMD in a quick match.
Show gets a chair from ringside and sits over a fallen Jackson. "If Brodus Clay thinks what I did to him on Raw a few weeks ago was bad, he's in for a nasty surprise. He has angered the Giant, and that is bad news for anyone who crosses me. Once I get my hands on him, Brodus isn't going to calling his Momma, he's going to be calling 911."
3) Back from the break, the announcers are on screen. They re-cap HHHs invitation to Brock Lesnar last night, and Cole says he has just got word that Lesnar is sending his representative Paul Heyman to Raw next week to meet with HHH.
Justin Roberts is in the ring. "The following contest is a Money In The Bank qualifying match". Santino's music hits for a pop from the crowd. A split screen shows Damien Sandow watching on, looking unimpressed as Cole reminds fans of Sandow's quest to win the United States title. There is a pause after Santino's music finishes. "Aaawesome" plays out through the arena as Cole pops for the return of The Miz.
As the match gets underway, the announcers explain that there will only be one Money In The Bank match at this year's event and as such there will be 3 qualifying matches on Raw and 3 on SmackDown to determin the participants.
Commercial break mid-match.
4) The Miz def. Santino Marella to qualify for the Money In The Bank ladder match. He takes a mic, "I will win Money In The Bank, because I'm The Miz, and I'm..."
Before he can finish, Mr McMahon's music interupts. McMahon marches to the ring, armed with a clipboard. He orders Miz out of the ring, saying he has some important announcements. He starts by saying while he is glad to be rid of John Laurinitis, this does not mean the power is taken away from the people. To prove this, the WWE Universe will take to the polls to help determine WWE's first official Internet Champion. The crowd cheers and starts a "Ryder" chant. McMahon continues that the title would be defended exclusively on SuperStars and PPV pre-show events, i.e. the events presented via the Internet. A list of SuperStars will be published online, and fans will vote for who they want to be entered into an 8-man tournament to determine the first champion.
He next orders Michael Cole into the ring. Loud boos as a confused Cole enters the ring. Vince says he has watched every minute of WWE television on mute recently because of Cole's horrible commentary and biased love for John Laurinitis. As Cole protests, McMahon gets in his face and yells "you're fired!". The crowd pops as Cole is escorted out of the ring by security. Lawler is laughing on commentary. Vince says he has a replacement lined up... JR's music hits to a pop as he takes up his position as lead commentator.
Vince continues, "now, to the matter of the next general manager". He is interrupted by HHHs music. HHH enters the ring, dressed in his corporate attire. He asks Vince why has hasn't been consulted on any of these plans, and noted he is the COO of WWE. "Not anymore" replies Vince. He says Hunter has taken his eye off the ball when trying to end the streak, which allowed Laurinitis free reign over the WWE. And rather than removing Laurinitis after Mania, he was too busy fighting with Brock Lesnar. "You clearly have a conflict of interests, so if you insist on continuing to step foot in this ring and wrestle, you are releaved of your duties as COO of WWE". The crowd boos, Hunter sells concern as Vince exits to his music. Raw goes to a break.
5) Back live, King welcomes JR back to the commentary booth. Ross says it's an honour to be back, and switches the focus to John Cena. He says he was beaten so badly by Big Show last night that he will not be able to appear in person tonight, and wonders aloud what is next for Cena after beating Show.
Zack Ryder's music hits. As he makes his enterance, Ross reveals Ryder is a candidate in the Internet Championship tournament that starts this Thursday on SuperStars, telling fans to go to wwe.com to vote for their favourites. Tensai's music hits, Ryder pulls an audible "Albert? Are you serious bro?" as he makes his way to the ring with Sakamoto.
Zack Ryder def. Tensai via roll-up to get a surprise win. Ryder quickly bails and celebrates up the ramp. Tensai takes out his frustrations of Sakamoto as King notes it is Tensai's third straight loss.
6) Josh Matthews has Brodus Clay backstage and asks him to explain his interference in the Show/Cena match at No Way Out. Clay says Show opened his eyes when he attacked him. But he hasn't made the Funkasaurus extinct, he has awoken a more dangerous animal. He says if Show wants some, he's easy to find.
Epico and Primo are in the ring with Rosa and AW. Roberts announces the following 4-way match as a #1 contender match. Prime Time players are out next, followed by Gabriel/Kidd and The Usos.
Prime Time Players def. Epico/Primo, Gabriel/Kidd and The Usos with help from AW. Prime Time Players earn another title shot and now appear to have AW as their manager. Rosa, Epico and Primo sell shock and anger in the ring.
CM Punk is on his way for his WWE Title re-match next. Just before Raw goes to a break, AJ is shown following Punk.
7) Kane is out first, then Punk. Roberts attempts formal ring introductions, but Punk jumps Kane. Ross notes the match is for a Championship with no belt after Kane's actions at the top of the show.
After a good, lengthy match so far, Punk sends Kane to the outside. Daniel Bryan interferes and assaults Punk with a chair, causing the DQ. AJ storms the ring, but Bryan grabs her and looks to hit her with the chair, but Kane makes the save with a Cholkeslam on Bryan. With Punk and Bryan both laid out mid-ring, AJ and Kane are left standing.
CM Punk def. Kane via disqualification, Kane remains WWE Champion.
AJ goes for an embrace, but Kane picks her up and delivers a Tombstone to loud boos! Kane hits his pyro as Raw goes off air with Ross calling Kane sick and twisted, before wondering if anyone can stop him.
The Rock | Undertaker | Triple H | Chris Jericho | Stone Cold
CM Punk | Dean Ambrose | Mark Henry | Daniel Bryan | Dolph Ziggler
Austin Aries | Jeff Hardy | AJ Styles | Bully Ray | Christopher Daniels