The Official BTB Discussion Thread - Page 431 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 07-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #4301 (permalink)
GOD
ITS NEW JACK THE ORIGINAL GANGSTA
 
GOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 7,853
GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Mine was in an EWR game I have been playing for a few months with the WWF in 1993. I formed Money Inc. which shot DiBiase to be the biggest heel in the company as he and Money Inc. took out the Undertaker, ended Hulkamania at SummerSlam, and a month later, DiBiase captured the WWF title from Mr. Perfect.


DiBiase leads the stable and has Lex Luger, Yokozuna, Big Bossman, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Virgil as members. IRS was a member but was kicked out and since then retired. I plan on adding one more member to the stable at Survivor Series to screw over Bret Hart who will be facing Luger, Yokozuna, Bossman, Bam Bam, and Virgil in a Classic Survivor Series match with DiBiase defending his title against the returning Undertaker.

I wish I made this a diary, damn it. The rise of DiBiase has been very fun to book. It will be just as fun to book his downfall.
__________________

"We ain't gotta dream no more, man." - Stringer Bell
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #4302 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8
TheGamerManXYZ 50 - 100
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Hey guys!

Just wanted to say I am new to the forum and have a question to ask.
I am thinking about starting a BTB from WrestleMania 29 and just wondered how you guys go about it?

I mean, do you plan ahead and have story lines and angles lead to them or do you do it on a week by week basis?
Was curious was all - hope I am not breaking any rules by asking this here. Thanks!
__________________
Watch on Youtube! I do gaming videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/GamerManXYZ

Follow meh on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/TheGamermanXYZ
TheGamerManXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #4303 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
The Fourth Wall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,433
The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

I do mine on a week to week basis but it might be a good idea to plan out what feuds you're going to do and how they are going to develop. Start with a backstory about what happened at WrestleMania 29 and then you can follow the aftermath from that and develop your feuds/storylines.
__________________
The Fourth Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #4304 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Coolquip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 986
Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamerManXYZ View Post
Hey guys!

Just wanted to say I am new to the forum and have a question to ask.
I am thinking about starting a BTB from WrestleMania 29 and just wondered how you guys go about it?

I mean, do you plan ahead and have story lines and angles lead to them or do you do it on a week by week basis?
Was curious was all - hope I am not breaking any rules by asking this here. Thanks!
It all depends on what kind of writer you are. Me, I have my stuff mapped out till Mania and I just posted NOC. I add some angles in along the way but the BIG angles are all planned out. But I know plenty of people who have great BTBs and just wing it. So whatever floats your boat.
__________________
Made by me:

Coolquip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #4305 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Coolquip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 986
Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000Coolquip 501 - 1000
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD View Post
Mine was in an EWR game I have been playing for a few months with the WWF in 1993. I formed Money Inc. which shot DiBiase to be the biggest heel in the company as he and Money Inc. took out the Undertaker, ended Hulkamania at SummerSlam, and a month later, DiBiase captured the WWF title from Mr. Perfect.


DiBiase leads the stable and has Lex Luger, Yokozuna, Big Bossman, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Virgil as members. IRS was a member but was kicked out and since then retired. I plan on adding one more member to the stable at Survivor Series to screw over Bret Hart who will be facing Luger, Yokozuna, Bossman, Bam Bam, and Virgil in a Classic Survivor Series match with DiBiase defending his title against the returning Undertaker.

I wish I made this a diary, damn it. The rise of DiBiase has been very fun to book. It will be just as fun to book his downfall.
Always thought an iDom diary was just waiting to happen. I recently started another new game with it. Easily my favorite mod on EWR. I was WCW and made Punk DA BEST HEEL EVAH and was able to steal away Angle. I'm up to National from Regional and am setting up my two year champ Punk to lose to undefeated Samoa Joe.

But yeah, an iDom diary would be SO many BUYS!!
__________________
Made by me:

Coolquip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #4306 (permalink)
Flux
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 4,936
Robbie 4501 - 5000Robbie 4501 - 5000Robbie 4501 - 5000Robbie 4501 - 5000Robbie 4501 - 5000Robbie 4501 - 5000Robbie 4501 - 5000Robbie 4501 - 5000Robbie 4501 - 5000Robbie 4501 - 5000Robbie 4501 - 5000
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

I refuse to believe somebody can maintain a high-quality thread for a long time without planning. Winging it may get you by for a while but it while bite you in the arse when flaws and potholes are found in your feuds and your thread in general. Planning and a good level of preparation whilst still allowing room for spontaneity and improvisation when deemed fit IMO. In other words, plan and plan thoroughly, but dont restrict yourself and make sure that you can change your plans as you go along if needs be.
__________________
Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #4307 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
The Fourth Wall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,433
The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500The Fourth Wall 6001 - 6500
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
I refuse to believe somebody can maintain a high-quality thread for a long time without planning. Winging it may get you by for a while but it while bite you in the arse when flaws and potholes are found in your feuds and your thread in general. Planning and a good level of preparation whilst still allowing room for spontaneity and improvisation when deemed fit IMO. In other words, plan and plan thoroughly, but dont restrict yourself and make sure that you can change your plans as you go along if needs be.
I've been winging it a little bit I think. Just sat down and planned all the feuds and storylines properly. I had an idea of what I was going to do but it's been a lot better to write it out. I'm also writing out what will happen in the shows now before I write them too which will make them much more easier for me to write. Think winging it is one of the reasons I've been finding it hard to write recently but now I've written out I'm certain where I'm going now. Hopefully there will be some improvement in my thread soon as I think it's been lacking lately. Just got some good ideas ready that are slow-burning.

So, yeah, I wouldn't advise to wing it now. You will probably get Writer's Block like I did. Thanks for the advice by the way! Much more at ease now I've planned everything that I'm going to do months ahead.
__________________
The Fourth Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #4308 (permalink)
GOD
ITS NEW JACK THE ORIGINAL GANGSTA
 
GOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 7,853
GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000GOD 15501 - 16000
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

I try to plan things out long term, with having the next feuds and 2-3 champions planned out. I try to do it in pieces such as having Post Mania planned til SummerSlam, SummerSlam to Survivor Series, Survivor Series to Royal Rumble, and of course followed by road to wrestlemania
__________________

"We ain't gotta dream no more, man." - Stringer Bell
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #4309 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,515
Baldwin. 5001 - 5500Baldwin. 5001 - 5500Baldwin. 5001 - 5500Baldwin. 5001 - 5500Baldwin. 5001 - 5500Baldwin. 5001 - 5500Baldwin. 5001 - 5500Baldwin. 5001 - 5500Baldwin. 5001 - 5500Baldwin. 5001 - 5500Baldwin. 5001 - 5500
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

I plan the main feuds I want to do (Austin/Rock), wing everything else (Val Venis/Debra?)
Baldwin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #4310 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8
TheGamerManXYZ 50 - 100
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Thank you for all the advise guys (FandanGOAT, GOD, The Fourth Wall, FluxCapacitor, Coolquip) as it has helped!

Just another thing if you don't mind please.
Writing matches - I have seen a lot of different ways people do this, full match with move for move, a short summary for those less than important matches, matches with only the finishes really detailed etc.
What is the best way for you to do it, both as a BTB writer and a reader?

I prefer to read the matches in full as well as writing them, but it takes a very long time.
Also I doubt many people would really read a huge paragraph of text of a random match against two people on a Raw mid way through compared to a built up main event title match on PPV.

What do you guys prefer for matches on Raw/Smackdown and PPV Matches?

Thanks again for any feedback!
__________________
Watch on Youtube! I do gaming videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/GamerManXYZ

Follow meh on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/TheGamermanXYZ
TheGamerManXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios