The Official BTB Discussion Thread - Page 338 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #3371 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Kintaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: England
Posts: 637
Kintaro should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsKintaro should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsKintaro should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsKintaro should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariatoh! View Post
Man a lot of new shows popping up! Question has anyone attempted Rock vs HBK? If so who was face/heel? What year was it done? If not how would you book it?
Hi, yeah I did Rock vs HBK for my previous btb thread.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...a-21-a-23.html

It was my main event for SummerSlam 2004. I really enjoyed booking this feud, this was my fave feud from my thread. It was built up as Rock's last match. Rock played the face, HBK was the heel.
__________________
WWE 2004: The Road to WrestleMania 21
Click here to read
Kintaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #3372 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
HollywoodNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alexa Bliss's Bed
Posts: 168
HollywoodNightmare needs to take rep more seriousHollywoodNightmare needs to take rep more seriousHollywoodNightmare needs to take rep more seriousHollywoodNightmare needs to take rep more seriousHollywoodNightmare needs to take rep more seriousHollywoodNightmare needs to take rep more seriousHollywoodNightmare needs to take rep more seriousHollywoodNightmare needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

If I was going to book Rock vs HBK, I would book Rock as the heel and HBK as the face.

Also since the topic is being argued about (somewhat) as far as formatting goes, For anybody who has read my thread is there anything I should be doing different with my formatting? I have not gotten any complaints but I feel like that may be 1 reason why I have not gotten much feedback yet. (Besides the fact I have only gotten two shows up)
__________________


Shay Mitchell says join PWC, WF's OFFICIAL e-fed! It'd make her very happy, She might even take off the rest of her clothes.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/wrestl...wfs-e-fed.html
HollywoodNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #3373 (permalink)
 
Frakkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London
Posts: 132
Frakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friendsFrakkles needs to make some friends
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Actually, I was looking over you show the other day and was in the middle of writing up some feedback when my girlfriend called and then I completely forgot all about it so sorry on that one, I'll leave you some after I've posted this.

Personally, I like the format you use because I like simple. I'm sure you'll probably get similar comments as I did on the matter though.
__________________
WARNING: RAPE IN PROGRESS
Frakkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #3374 (permalink)
The Sleeping Giant
 
619IDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Fountain of Dreams
Posts: 2,012
619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariatoh! View Post
Man a lot of new shows popping up! Question has anyone attempted Rock vs HBK? If so who was face/heel? What year was it done?
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...ooker-189.html

Wolfy did it for his Wrestlemania 22. Rocky was his face and HBK was the written heel, but it was written realistically in that the crowd popped for both men anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakkles View Post
I never said I wasn't willing to take on advice. It's part of the reason I posted in the first place because I expected at least some people to say no and explain why. My issue was with the statement that you dismissed it based solely on the look and I still feel that's more than a little harsh.

I do appreciate the feedback and part of the reason I actually responded the way I did is because I care about other people's opinions on this. Usually, I'm completely dismissive of what other people say so getting any kind of response is definitely a positive and, looking back, my response was a little 'catty' but I care a lot about my work and felt defensive of it, whether you meant offence or not.

I also feel like I misinterpreted part of your original post but I'll definitely try and change it up because I myself thought the show look a little 'too bland'. Hence why I said I would be adding more colour to the next show.

Hopefully it'll be an improvement.

On your other point, the reason I care whether people read/don't read/enjoy/don't enjoy what I write is simply that: as a writer, I crave criticism on my writing. I want to know whether I made people bored, happy, intrigued, sad, whatever. I just want to know if people respond to my work. If I wanted to simply satisfy myself, I would keep my work to myself.
There's not just one absolute reason people aren't giving it a look. Reason number one is because you've been posting in it like mad. It's nice that you have the zeal to get it going, but your aesthetics aren't really a concern. It's your habits alongside it. The look of it doesn't bother me much, personally, but when you post three times in one day, it puts people off as being very 'n00bish' for lack of a better term. It doesn't look like the actions of someone who has all their thoughts together, which is always a put-off. Is it fair that people judge without reading through things? No, but that's how the mind works. How you present yourself is key.

Another reason is pretty simple, and not to sound like a dick here, but you've posted ONE show. There's no immediate gratification anywhere in the world and the Wrestling Forum BTB Section is no different. It goes alongside the first reason and that's slow down and take your time. The readers will come. The constructive comments and feedback will come. If you're as confident in your work as you appear to be, then I'm more than sure you'll get your fair share of attention/help in due time.

One thing not working in you favor is the way you've gone about seeking this feedback. I'm sure your intentions were good and well, but when you come in here with one show posted and wondering if someone's read it, it comes across VERY diva-ish and doesn't make you look good. Not to say that you're not good, but if people weren't giving it a peek at first, the way you went about this certainly isn't helping.

If you're as much a writer as you say you are, you're constantly seeking improvement and that's why you constantly seek criticism. You can always improve content in a variety of ways, mainly reading around some of the better threads. Although I will admit there's a vicious cycle in there somewhere of 'need feedback for improvement/need good content for feedback'. But since you can't control what other people do, you can only worry about your work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodNightmare View Post
Also since the topic is being argued about (somewhat) as far as formatting goes, For anybody who has read my thread is there anything I should be doing different with my formatting? I have not gotten any complaints but I feel like that may be 1 reason why I have not gotten much feedback yet. (Besides the fact I have only gotten two shows up)
Patience. People. Please.
__________________


DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT


AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Origins & Endings NOW POSTED!!:.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #3375 (permalink)
THE TRUTH
 
Coolquip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BEANTOWN~!
Posts: 1,072
Coolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

I agree, it's easy to get discouraged without feedback. I've been discouraged. But you have to keep going. One thing is to give others GOOD feedback. Not just "10/10!" tell them what you liked and what they improved on, that way people will want to return the favor. I know how disheartening it can be. That's why I have the Review 4 Review not so much for my benefit(though that's part of it) it's to give young writers some feedback and I know which ones are worth giving feedback.
Coolquip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #3376 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
underjohngrohs6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 134
underjohngrohs6 is an after thought
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

MY WWE RAW from 10/29/12 is up,
__________________
WWF 2000: Passing the Torch

underjohngrohs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #3377 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486
Jamjam22 needs to make some friendsJamjam22 needs to make some friendsJamjam22 needs to make some friendsJamjam22 needs to make some friendsJamjam22 needs to make some friendsJamjam22 needs to make some friendsJamjam22 needs to make some friendsJamjam22 needs to make some friendsJamjam22 needs to make some friends
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

ANYWAY, onto something else. If you guys could choose someone to come back and continue booking, who would it be?

I'd love to see Legend back, wasn't around when he was active and so with Shock and BkB Hulk.
Jamjam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:52 AM   #3378 (permalink)
THE TRUTH
 
Coolquip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BEANTOWN~!
Posts: 1,072
Coolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more seriousCoolquip needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

^ Probably Legend.
Coolquip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #3379 (permalink)
CHYEAH
 
ThatWeirdGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,389
ThatWeirdGuy needs to take rep more seriousThatWeirdGuy needs to take rep more seriousThatWeirdGuy needs to take rep more seriousThatWeirdGuy needs to take rep more seriousThatWeirdGuy needs to take rep more seriousThatWeirdGuy needs to take rep more seriousThatWeirdGuy needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Well as writers we should really only be doing this because we enjoy doing it; it is not exactly like we are getting paid for it. The enjoyment of writing should be enough reason to do this, not for some person that we're never going to meet's approval. We should be doing this because we want to get better.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and I remember I got barely anything when I first started here and yeah I felt the same as you did, but if people can see that you are committed to your thread and your ideas the feedback will come. Frakkles I did look through your show and yeah there were some parts where improvement could be made but on the other hand there were a couple of parts that I did enjoy reading. You're not going to be perfect and warrant 20 reviews after one show, but keep working at it and as 619 said just take your time a bit and you'll be there eventually

And to answer Jam's question... Melvis
ThatWeirdGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #3380 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,449
Baldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a pushBaldwin. is getting a push
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by underjohngrohs6 View Post
MY WWE RAW from 10/29/12 is up,
Then use the right thread to advertise it > http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...nt-thread.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamjam22 View Post
ANYWAY, onto something else. If you guys could choose someone to come back and continue booking, who would it be?

I'd love to see Legend back, wasn't around when he was active and so with Shock and BkB Hulk.

Szumi - He has that ECW thread but it seems as if that's not going to continue. Would love to see him have a go at either a modern day TNA thread or old school WWF.

Shock - His TNA thread was probably the best TNA thread in this section, at least that I've read. He handled the whole Hogan fiasco well and the story's & characters he had there were pretty good. ROH thread was also good for what it was.

Melvis - He's like semi-active but, his booking is top notch, there's a reason he won the King of BTB Tournament. (Because Wolfy/Legend never entered) - I joke... But, his 2011 thread, for what he's done, is pretty good, writing is top notch.

I'd also like to see me stick to a thread but that probably wont happen.
Baldwin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios