The Official BTB Discussion Thread - Page 175 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1741 of 5316 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 09:54 AM
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
 
Quasi Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman deciple View Post
It's Always Sunny In The Netherlands.

The Gang Books a Wrestling Show.
Didn't they actually book one with Roddy Piper?

Quasi Juice is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1742 of 5316 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Crazier than Santorum and Bachmann's love child
 
CM Dealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Its raining pretty hard here. You know that stuff they tell you about the California sun? Don't believe it.



MADERAS
AIRAI
MALAKAI
WHATEVER THE SHIT TEAM IN ALL-STARS WAS
CM Dealer is offline  
post #1743 of 5316 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 04:03 PM
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
 
Quasi Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Watching some old WWF clips, I wish someone had enough knowledge about the business back in the day that he could do a proper WWF mid/late 80's diary. A scenario with Hogan getting a career ending injury would be amazing if properly done.

Quasi Juice is offline  
post #1744 of 5316 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 04:15 PM
The Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

There was a very popular 80's WWF thread a while back... wait, no, that featured Nunzio and John Cena, so actually, that ended up being a horrific fail. The obvious answer to said wish is that given how much knowledge it would require of the writer to write it, it would also require a degree of 80's knowledge ourselves, and considering many of us weren't even born then, it might just be a little too much effort to get interested in. Hell, I'm too lazy to really get into any thread from before 2004, I know so little about it.
Melvis is offline  
post #1745 of 5316 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Captain Cally
 
RatedRKO31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Is it just me or is BTB getting more popular again, for no apparent reason.
As many have said...its because its the summer.

Although I don't understand it tbh. Just typing this on my keyboard now I'm hot and sweaty, and my brain is fried, really don't know how ya'll can do it. College is a much better time at least for me. I'm in the mood to write at that time.


THANKS TO CHAMPVIADQ/FOURTHWALL/ABROWN0718 FOR THE BANNERS
RatedRKO31 is offline  
post #1746 of 5316 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 10:55 AM
FORZA AC MILAN
 
JOE COAL'S SHITTY PRESENT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

In a no DQ/hardcore match, is a referee obliged to break up a submission move if someone reaches the ropes?

JOE COAL'S SHITTY PRESENT is offline  
post #1747 of 5316 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 AM
The Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

No. If the guy gets to the ropes and the other guy won't release the hold, how can the ref DQ him in a No-DQ match? That's always been my understanding, anyway.
Melvis is offline  
post #1748 of 5316 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
 
Quasi Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvisboy View Post
No. If the guy gets to the ropes and the other guy won't release the hold, how can the ref DQ him in a No-DQ match? That's always been my understanding, anyway.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvisboy View Post
There was a very popular 80's WWF thread a while back... wait, no, that featured Nunzio and John Cena, so actually, that ended up being a horrific fail. The obvious answer to said wish is that given how much knowledge it would require of the writer to write it, it would also require a degree of 80's knowledge ourselves, and considering many of us weren't even born then, it might just be a little too much effort to get interested in. Hell, I'm too lazy to really get into any thread from before 2004, I know so little about it.
Well, a good writer pulls you in and shows you all the characters. I think it's a little shortsighted to just not look at a thread if it's under 2004, just because you didn't watch back then. I just think a WWF 80's diary, done well, would be amazing considering it could change the course of wrestling history. Imagine no Hogan in the 90's, no endless World Title runs, no nWo etc.

Quasi Juice is offline  
post #1749 of 5316 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 11:32 AM
The Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Well, a good writer pulls you in and shows you all the characters. I think it's a little shortsighted to just not look at a thread if it's under 2004, just because you didn't watch back then. I just think a WWF 80's diary, done well, would be amazing considering it could change the course of wrestling history. Imagine no Hogan in the 90's, no endless World Title runs, no nWo etc.
Never said I wouldn't look at it. I said I would find it difficult to get into it; i.e, I doubt I could get invested in the characters or the storylines, either due to lack of knowledge or the people having gimmicks that I've never heard of or don't like the sound of. Why waste my time struggling with an older thread when there's plenty of more modern ones that I could read easily instead? The more modern, the less I have to research to enjoy it. I'm not being short-sighted, I'm just working with what I know.
Melvis is offline  
post #1750 of 5316 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
You just got Litt the hell up
 
PAUL INCE PIES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 5,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvisboy View Post
Never said I wouldn't look at it. I said I would find it difficult to get into it; i.e, I doubt I could get invested in the characters or the storylines, either due to lack of knowledge or the people having gimmicks that I've never heard of or don't like the sound of. Why waste my time struggling with an older thread when there's plenty of more modern ones that I could read easily instead? The more modern, the less I have to research to enjoy it. I'm not being short-sighted, I'm just working with what I know.
I'm exactly the same except instead it being time periods as such, it's more companies. I find it hard to get in to WCW and ECW threads simply because i'm unfamiliar with the stars who didn't jump to the WWE or TNA, or I just don't understand the characters and gimmicks at that time. I'll give it a shot if I think the thread could be good, but I wouldn't be as interested as I would be had the thread been a WWE/TNA/Any other promotion I follow/followed unless the writing is outstanding.

PAUL INCE PIES is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome