The Official BTB Discussion Thread - Page 136 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1351 of 5307 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Forever
 
ThunderAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: From Downtown, outta nowhere, in a heartbeat!
Posts: 5,113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Dealer View Post
Either Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin (also no one make a feud between those two ever again), Mr. Kennedy or my pick, Christian.
Hass/Benjamin thing being overdone? I did had one feud between them planned a few years ago, it seems everyone has the same idea, eh?

I think Kennedy gets pushed and so does Carlito too.
ThunderAngel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1352 of 5307 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
You just got Litt the hell up
 
PAUL INCE PIES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 5,291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

The only reason i'm not planning on pushing Christian is because of how many people push him already, and also Mr Kennedy to some extent.
PAUL INCE PIES is offline  
post #1353 of 5307 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
TKOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London
Posts: 10,525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderAngel View Post
Who do you think is the most over-pushed wrestler in the BTB section?
Christian, Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, Mr. Kennedy, Finlay, Randy Orton, Carlito, CM Punk and Gregory Helms.

TKOW is offline  
post #1354 of 5307 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Usertitle ist hier
 
Emperor DC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

#1 reason why I won't go back to 'Le Chronicles is because everyone and thier mother is doing Haas/Benjamin and though I started planning/writing it before it became cool, it just would be redundent and not as good as it could have been, regardless of how I tweaked it.

Emperor DC is offline  
post #1355 of 5307 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 AM
You just got Litt the hell up
 
PAUL INCE PIES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 5,291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

I don't see why everyone has to actually split tag teams up, it's really annoying - in real life as well. Can't they just go their own ways? Especially if they're as successfull as The Dudley Boyz or WGTT, you could just make out that they've got fuck all left to achieve in the tag division? :/
PAUL INCE PIES is offline  
post #1356 of 5307 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
TKOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London
Posts: 10,525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor DC View Post
#1 reason why I won't go back to 'Le Chronicles is because everyone and thier mother is doing Haas/Benjamin and though I started planning/writing it before it became cool, it just would be redundent and not as good as it could have been, regardless of how I tweaked it.
Don't say that. You'll put me off.

TKOW is offline  
post #1357 of 5307 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
HOPE
 
Seven Days of Kolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
Posts: 12,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

How you push a guy or work a feud your own way is really more important than anything else, regardless of whether others have pushed the same guy or feuded the same two people. Haas and Benjamin may be a popular feud, but the way it's been built up in Legend's thread is still one of the best things going.

Seven Days of Kolo is online now  
post #1358 of 5307 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Forever
 
ThunderAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: From Downtown, outta nowhere, in a heartbeat!
Posts: 5,113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BkB Hulk View Post
How you push a guy or work a feud your own way is really more important than anything else, regardless of whether others have pushed the same guy or feuded the same two people. Haas and Benjamin may be a popular feud, but the way it's been built up in Legend's thread is still one of the best things going.
I haven't read Legends thread so I can't disagree there, but if two wrestlers facing off against each other has been done to death, does it not come to a point where the readers are sick of seeing a program between the same two people, no matter how you do it? For example Christian becomes World Champ in Thread1, Thread2 has had Christian as champ before and brings in back to the main event to win the title, Thread3 has Christian win the royal rumble and challenge for the world title. Thread4 Christian is the WWE champion.

If I was to start a thread, in order to make my product different, I feel it would be best if I decided against having Christian as the champ, no matter how well I believe I can pull it off, won't the effects of it already been done before, lessen the novelty or impact of the idea?
ThunderAngel is offline  
post #1359 of 5307 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Captain Cally
 
RatedRKO31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderAngel View Post
I haven't read Legends thread so I can't disagree there, but if two wrestlers facing off against each other has been done to death, does it not come to a point where the readers are sick of seeing a program between the same two people, no matter how you do it? For example Christian becomes World Champ in Thread1, Thread2 has had Christian as champ before and brings in back to the main event to win the title, Thread3 has Christian win the royal rumble and challenge for the world title. Thread4 Christian is the WWE champion.

If I was to start a thread, in order to make my product different, I feel it would be best if I decided against having Christian as the champ, no matter how well I believe I can pull it off, won't the effects of it already been done before, lessen the novelty or impact of the idea?
As someone who just had a thread in which Christian won the World Heavyweight Championship (had a nice 4 month run before I stopped), yes I would say go against it. I honestly think bookers are afraid to push new stars in their BTB. But that's just my opinion.


THANKS TO CHAMPVIADQ/FOURTHWALL/ABROWN0718 FOR THE BANNERS
RatedRKO31 is offline  
post #1360 of 5307 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
HOPE
 
Seven Days of Kolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
Posts: 12,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

It may lessen the novelty of something, but if your that's your greatest quality anyway, then your writing is subpar. Great writing shines through regardless. You think Christian in BTB and you think Wolf Beast. Why? Because he's done a much better job than anyone when it comes to pushing the guy.

Seven Days of Kolo is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome