Re: WWE: A Strong Response
(Haven’t had a chance to review or read all that much over the last few weeks. Therefore I may not be privy to recent storyline developments.)
Anyway here goes!
- The Hall of fame stuff at the start of the opening promo was nicely done. It was reminiscent of Flair’s farewell Raw the night after WM 24, but on a smaller scale. Nice job having the McMahon’s knock Flair like they did, that would of gotten major heat from the crowd. I liked how mad Ric got, there is nothing better than watching Flair get worked up, always fun. Bischoff’s interruption came a little too soon, but the match he made between Ric and Vince is great. These two factions hate each other, that comes across, but the intensity of this stand off lacked a little. Nice opener though.
- I like how you’ve paired Burke and Layla up. She’s talented enough, the WWE are finally realising that as of late. I’m not the biggest Kennedy fan, I guess It’s hard to take him seriously after the way he’s been used of late. He looked so strong here though and the win helps him look like a strong contender going into WM.
- The Miz and john Morrison are young, Brash and full of confidence. The backstage interview with Maria highlighted that. However it also had a second purpose and that was to draw attention to the tag team divisions and show that the titles mean something and are worth fighting for. Nice, subtle segment. I’m liking the graphics throughout, but you know me, I’m a graphics whore. LOL
- Looking forward to the Lashley, Jericho match, although I think you could of run with this feud post Mania and made a match up between them at backlash. As for Punk, Cabana and Bischoff. Logical booking here, using four superstars in a tag match that will no doubt further the Punk, Hardy feud.
- A short match here featuring the tag champions. Well short by your standards. I don’t think the win should of looked so easy, but I’m not too concerned. Again a subtle well constructed backstage interview featuring Hardy and Eugene! You know I’m not a fan of Eugene, but I won’t bitch. It’s ironic listening to Hardy talk about quitting and how he never has and never will. Just makes me think of his drug addiction! LOL.
- Nice booking here with the divas. I used a similar set up for Matt hardy, MVP in my old BTB. The Glamazon isn’t the best on the microphone, but this was short and sweet and she needed the time to set up the gauntlet. The only trouble with this gimmick is that it makes Melina and Jillian look weak. The finish was predictable, but successful with the heels using heel tactics to pick up the cheap victory.
- Solid tag team match. I liked the finish a lot and I’m glad it was Eugene doing the “job” here. The aftermath was intense. I expected Punk to flee when Jeff returned to the ring, so it was a nice surprise to see Jeff get his ass kicked. Loving Eugene taking a chair shot to the skull. I’m sick, I know! HA.
- Cody Rhodes is a young guy, he’s bound to be paranoid all the time with Kelly, Kelly on his arm. I smell a heel turn. It would be cool if you go with a Sable, Mero type angle here. Cody is good enough on the microphone. Kofi wouldn’t fit into the angle all that much however.
- Well I wasn’t expecting a clean finish in the Jericho, Lashley match and we didn’t get one. I’m not complaining, I would of done the same, it’s smart booking! It was lousy DQ finish though, kind of similar to what we’ve seen in the WWE of late. I liked the interaction between Jericho and Rey. That sure was interesting.
- Ugh! Flair, McMahon was a disappointment. Though given Flairs age and Vince’s lack of ability, keeping it short was wise I guess. The Shane run in came as a surprise, actually didn’t see it coming. Don’t know how much this match actually added to the feud?
- At last Orton makes an appearance. Very strange not seeing him, Cena or Kane all night! Orton came across very smug in his opening comments, which is how he should be. He’s gloating, but I expected him to be on edge after what happened last week with Kane appearing indestructible. Interestingly Orton acknowledges Kane’s toughness! Ah, here comes Cena. JOY! NOT! First Orton puts over Kane, now Cena. I’m starting to think Kane is leaving WM the champion! The Cena, security guard brawl would have been fun to watch. It was cool how Kane and Cena joined forces, all be it for only a few moments. Cena looked the best here, taking out Orton and then Kane. The spot with the table was nice. I think after last week, with you making Kane look so strong and this week, with you making Cena look strong the only person looking weak is the champion! Anyway, awesome closing segment.
OVERALL: Pretty much perfect and I don’t say that often, if ever! No need to say anything else, other than congrats on a great show dude!