SC2004 = RATINGS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Re: WWE: A Strong Response
- I see you left out the whole McMahon family saga from your opening SNME video recap package. I think I was the only one who really liked that, but then again I would. Obviously something you want to forget about then? Ha, Ha.
- The commentary at the start was very good. You managed to hype the entire night in a matter of seconds. Looking forward to the Shawn Michaels celebration, I’m sure it won’t go according to plan. Last ride match is awesome and we also get a rematch between MVP and Matt hardy. Wasn’t expecting the last match, thought you’d have it at the Rumble.
- Nice fast paced opener and the aftermath with the attack from Chavo was cool. Obviously your setting up a match for the Rumble here between these two. “Happy bloody new year” I loved that line. Good to see Batista riled up. Shame edge isn’t here, although I have a sneaky suspicion he actually is.
- A I’m pissed Miz and Morrison lost here, not that’s it a big deal or anything, just think they’re great fun to watch. I got told that I should have them as single wrestlers, but I personally prefer them as a tag team.
- Really solid, well written in character backstage promo involving Benjamin, Hass, Master and Regal. You really couldn’t of done that any better. I was seriously impressed here as you managed to further the feud between Benjamin and Hass as well as get Batista his match for tonight. That’s great planning IMO.
- Loving MVP in that backstage interview, man he came across so angry, which I guess was the point. Of course being MVP he also managed to be cocky, rude and arrogant all at the same time, got to love that. The match tonight should be good.
- Glad Finlay won, but it wasn’t exactly clean. A cool finish, with the distraction costing Wang any chance of winning this. More Batista talking, think I may cry. At least Flair is here to save the day. Glad to see Flair talking some sense in Batista and calming him down a little.
- I don’t know if we needed to hear from Estrada, but there was nothing wrong with the interview. I guess as we are over half way in, you have decided to keep Michaels off screen until his celebration. I’m finding it odd that Batista, the former champ, is getting so much air time and new champ has had none yet!
- Glad to see Batista pinning Masters and not Haas. I think you need to keep Haas strong going into a feud with Benjamin. I knew it, I just knew we weren’t getting the Umaga, Taker match tonight, too good to be true. Brutal attack here and so effective. I wonder where they’re taking the Undertaker?
- Have to say that I was totally surprised Matt won cleanly here, but I guess it brings an end to the feud as any other finish would of prolonged it. Great match. I can’t talk about realism after my last show, that’s for sure, but I think the follow up to the taker attack happened to soon after the initial incident. Anyway, I was kind of let down here. I expected something better to happen, but it was entertaining.
- This is strange, having Cole in the ring with Michaels, brings me back about 10 years. Ha. It was cool what you did, but it wasn’t much of a celebration. High drama for sure. Knew Batista wouldn’t let Shawn go through with it. I was right about Edge, that was cool and the right thing to do. This would of worked better as an opener to the show. I liked it a lot though.
OVERALL- Probably one of the best shows I’ve read from you so far or from any other booker on here. Just solid promo’s and matches throughout. The entertainment level never dropped. The only thing I didn’t like was how often Batista was used, he dominated the show IMO and that should have been Michaels. Maybe that’s why I think the closing segment would have been better as the opener. Great show though dude!