Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism - Page 5 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 201 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Luchini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Greater Los Angeles Area
Posts: 3,590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skermac View Post
My feelings aren't hurt at all. I know what the deal is. The media will always be biased when they should be saying behaviors like Paula's should not be tolerated at all by anyone. But we know that will never happen.
People shouldn't need the media to tell them as they should already know. If you are educated you already know those actions shouldnt be tolerated hence the reason that most racist are uneducated and ignorant.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic234578_32.gif
Luchini is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 201 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Skermac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto View Post
I found her to be insincere in this video. It seems like she's sorry she got called out on it. Regarding Food Network firing her, I'm not surprised. She gets paid to do what she does on their channel and Food Network didn't want to deal with any backlash if they kept her on. Paula will still be making money but oh well. I hope her and her attorney learned from this but I doubt she really will.

I have never heard a sincere apology from any celebrity. They only apologize when caught.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestle_champion View Post
People shouldn't need the media to tell them as they should already know. If you are educated you already know those actions shouldnt be tolerated hence the reason that most racist are uneducated and ignorant.
I agree 100 percent.
Skermac is offline  
post #43 of 201 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestle_champion View Post
People shouldn't need the media to tell them as they should already know. If you are educated you already know those actions shouldnt be tolerated hence the reason that most racist are uneducated and ignorant.
Or they're people who are profiting from the uneducated ignorant masses. Rush Limbaugh used to be a DJ before he took on this ultra conservative gimmick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skermac View Post
I have never heard a sincere apology from any celebrity. They only apologize when caught.
There's no such thing as a sincere apology IMO. If you say something, you really meant it. Unless someone has a mental disorder, people don't say things that they don't believe in at all.

Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels


Last edited by kobra860; 06-21-2013 at 10:45 PM.
kobra860 is offline  
post #44 of 201 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clique View Post
Deen made an apology video:


Sincere my @$$! I would have respect for her if she just came out and admitted that she is trying to do damage control, but add in that she is sorry about what she said and will try to change, because we know people don't change overnight. Only when it becomes public and she loses her job she is sorry, funny how that works...
messi is offline  
post #45 of 201 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 11:09 PM
46 and 2
 
Hit-Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DO YOU THINK ME WICKED?
Posts: 11,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

People simply cannot discuss serious issues without flaming and baiting each other... Such a shame too...



-sig by CHAMPviaDQ

WE'RE THE BAD NEWS, WE'RE THE YOUNG GUNS, WE'RE THE ONES THAT THEY TOLD YOU TO RUN FROM.
Hit-Girl is offline  
post #46 of 201 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 12:54 AM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Luchini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Greater Los Angeles Area
Posts: 3,590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Why was my comment deleted? I didn't say anything bad.
Luchini is offline  
post #47 of 201 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:04 AM
Stealing the Show
 
Ziggler Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

i dont see any downside to this...he food looks like it could kill you in one sitting, and she's an annoying cunt.

Here's hoping they talk Alton Brown into doing a show in her place.
Ziggler Mark is offline  
post #48 of 201 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:11 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Lapacus96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
She's racist? Well fuck that bitch.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Lapacus96 is offline  
post #49 of 201 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
ManiacMichaelMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Honestly, having dug into this a bit, I don't believe she's truly a racist, but without a doubt she's an absolute moron for flying her Southern pride flag as hard as she did on national TV.
Her crime is brutal honesty. I've seen and heard all the things Paula has said and worse by white people in a casual way multiple times. It's the big elephant in the room...except in this case, it's the one best not talked about PUBLICLY.

She's also made racial comments that could be deemed offensive, but I don't entirely equate that with racism because black comics go there all the time and it depends on the tone more so. Still it's best not to even go there if you're white because of this very incident and just the possibility of offending someone whether you meant to or not.

Ah well, her food probably gave people dat dere diabetus, which is why she was hawking dat dere diabetus meddacation.

She should make a rap video about this.

Undertaker

KEEP
CALM

AND
REST
IN
PEACE

Last edited by ManiacMichaelMyers; 06-22-2013 at 02:28 AM.
ManiacMichaelMyers is offline  
post #50 of 201 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 05:04 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
chada75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMichaelMyers View Post
Honestly, having dug into this a bit, I don't believe she's truly a racist, but without a doubt she's an absolute moron for flying her Southern pride flag as hard as she did on national TV.
Her crime is brutal honesty. I've seen and heard all the things Paula has said and worse by white people in a casual way multiple times. It's the big elephant in the room...except in this case, it's the one best not talked about PUBLICLY.

She's also made racial comments that could be deemed offensive, but I don't entirely equate that with racism because black comics go there all the time and it depends on the tone more so. Still it's best not to even go there if you're white because of this very incident and just the possibility of offending someone whether you meant to or not.

Ah well, her food probably gave people dat dere diabetus, which is why she was hawking dat dere diabetus meddacation.

She should make a rap video about this.
The Irony is She has the Diabeetus.
chada75 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome