Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 06-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #91 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMichaelMyers View Post
So first the context doesn't matter and is bullshit, and now the context is the important thing.
Okay. Yeah. Cool.

I meant important in the sense that in needs to happen where a white person needs to go up to black group of strangers and address them that way. It's not important is the answer. It's not an issue. It doesn't affect you or come up in daily life. Do you sit around all day and think about how terrible it is that you'd be receiving a negative reaction on this vs. a black person. No, because it really doesn't matter and is not important. It's used differently.

You say that I don't know what I'm responding to. Try again. That was you.
Re-read the post I made that you were responding to about 100 times until what I was saying (maybe) sinks into your tiny brain.
I actually feel sorry for you. I was being sarcastic. Using context as my entire point. It went entirely over your head.

Go count to potato or something.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #92 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
ManiacMichaelMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,144
ManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missed
Default Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post
I actually feel sorry for you. I was being sarcastic. Using context as my entire point. It went entirely over your head.

Go count to potato or something.
Riiiight.

Your whole 'point' was never in debate with me.
Yet you feel sorry for me?
Quote:
I never suggested it would.
You don't read so well do you.
__________________
WARRIOR

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own.
Every man's heart one day beats it's final beat.
His lungs breathe their final breath.

And if what that man did in his life
makes the blood pulse through the body of others
and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life
then his essence, his spirit,
will be immortalized..

by the story tellers,
by the loyalty,
by the memory of those who honor him and make
the running the man did live forever."

Last edited by ManiacMichaelMyers : 06-25-2013 at 12:00 AM.
ManiacMichaelMyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:38 AM   #93 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 kobra860 kobra860 kobra860 kobra860 kobra860 kobra860 kobra860 kobra860 kobra860 kobra860
Default Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

I don't know what's more pathetic: this story or the fact that in 2013 people are still playing dumb and asking why someone got in trouble for using a word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalanotto View Post
You don't take a word that was meant to be offensive and a put down to your own people, take off the 'er', add an 'a', and then suddenly say it's okay to use it. The origin of it was still racist. If I went up to a group of black people and said 'hey, what up, .....s?', it would be different than a black person going up to a group of black people and saying it, no matter how 'friendly' I use it.


Bottom line, they took a racist term and made it 'okay' to use just because they changed a few letters and decided it would have a different fucking meaning. How stupid. Not sure what's so hard to understand about this. It's not in the way someone is using it, it's the fact that it comes from a word that put down their entire group of people.
lol. Like you actually care. You take a nonchalant approach to almost everything and now is the time when you actually give a damn about something. You're just mad because you can't say it. Get over it.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels


Last edited by kobra860 : 06-25-2013 at 02:45 AM.
kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:13 AM   #94 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Nattie7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ask my stalker
Posts: 1,042
Nattie7 Nattie7 Nattie7 Nattie7
Default Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
I don't know what's more pathetic: this story or the fact that in 2013 people are still playing dumb and asking why someone got in trouble for using a word.



lol. Like you actually care. You take a nonchalant approach to almost everything and now is the time when you actually give a damn about something. You're just mad because you can't say it. Get over it.
This is the attitude of a lot of white people, and I live in a country that identifies itself as 87% white British.

They'll also be the first ones to come for your ass about 'playing the race card' when they get called out on their ignorance.

It's even better if they have a friend or a relative of a different ethnicity, to add weight to 'but I'm not racist I have X,Y and Z that is *insert any minority* friend/auntie/lover etc

They have no concept of the word and why it is reclaimed, they're deluded or play ignorant to their white privilege.

Even the most nonchalant person will get some fire in their belly to come and cape for their own against racism accusations.
They'll be the first to twist it back around of which ever minority they have offended.
__________________
Quote:
ALARM CLOCK..........DEDICATION

Let's start at the 7-Eleven, where that child had every right to be where he was. That child had every right to do what he was doing, walking home.

That child had every right to be afraid of a strange man following him, first in his car and then on foot. And did that child not have the right to defend himself from that strange man? Did Trayvon Martin not also have that right?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
You're lying. You've been harassing Nattie via rep and PM for a month now. She really hasn't done much to you.

You did a good job switching it up to make your buddies agree with you and think you're "destroying her" though.
Nattie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:01 AM   #95 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMichaelMyers View Post
Riiiight.

Your whole 'point' was never in debate with me.
Yet you feel sorry for me?

You don't read so well do you.
Read the succession of posts again. In order. Word by word. Spend some time on it. Take however long as you need. I replied to your post IN CONTEXT before you said anything to me just to show you how asinine your entire "IN CONTEXT" bullshit is. Remember, read it IN ORDER.

If you still don't get it, you're truly slow and you need to have your Internet privileges revoked by the asylum in which you live.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #96 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
ManiacMichaelMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,144
ManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missedManiacMichaelMyers probably won't be missed
Default Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post
Read the succession of posts again. In order. Word by word. Spend some time on it. Take however long as you need. I replied to your post IN CONTEXT before you said anything to me just to show you how asinine your entire "IN CONTEXT" bullshit is. Remember, read it IN ORDER.

If you still don't get it, you're truly slow and you need to have your Internet privileges revoked by the asylum in which you live.
Here you go with your clever sarcasm again about context.
You're the one who can't read remember, I don't need to re-read it.
Revoke your own privilege. Just use scissors. That should be easy enough for you. I think...?

Try this on for size. You failed to realize the distinction being made between the meaning of the word 'context'. You want it your way only so context for you can only mean how the word is being used. However, myself and probably others were also referring to SITUATIONAL context. Yeah, you fail hard buddy.

Again, not it's not JUST usage context, but SITUATIONAL. fplam
Keep demonstrating your ignorance for all though.
__________________
WARRIOR

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own.
Every man's heart one day beats it's final beat.
His lungs breathe their final breath.

And if what that man did in his life
makes the blood pulse through the body of others
and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life
then his essence, his spirit,
will be immortalized..

by the story tellers,
by the loyalty,
by the memory of those who honor him and make
the running the man did live forever."
ManiacMichaelMyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #97 (permalink)
Convicted avatar thief
 
Callisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ELEGANT DINNER PARTYYYY
Posts: 7,168
Callisto is making a name for themselvesCallisto is making a name for themselvesCallisto is making a name for themselvesCallisto is making a name for themselvesCallisto is making a name for themselvesCallisto is making a name for themselvesCallisto is making a name for themselvesCallisto is making a name for themselvesCallisto is making a name for themselvesCallisto is making a name for themselvesCallisto is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism



Some damning evidence, folks. Absolutely damning evidence.
__________________
Callisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #98 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMichaelMyers View Post
Here you go with your clever sarcasm again about context.
You're the one who can't read remember, I don't need to re-read it.
Revoke your own privilege. Just use scissors. That should be easy enough for you. I think...?

Try this on for size. You failed to realize the distinction being made between the meaning of the word 'context'. You want it your way only so context for you can only mean how the word is being used. However, myself and probably others were also referring to SITUATIONAL context. Yeah, you fail hard buddy.

Again, not it's not JUST usage context, but SITUATIONAL. fplam
Keep demonstrating your ignorance for all though.
The very definition of context includes its situational relevance:

Quote:
the interrelated conditions in which something exists or occurs : environment, setting <the historical context of the war>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/context

fplam
Keep demonstrating your ignorance for all though.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #99 (permalink)
===Valar Morghulis===
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Attending the Funeral of the Lion of Lannister
Posts: 4,397
Genesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth reading
Default Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJerichoFan View Post


Some damning evidence, folks. Absolutely damning evidence.
Gotta love the fact the whole right side of her hair is outside the hood.
__________________


=="Turn All Creation To Ash, Ryujin Jakka."==


Sig emerged from the dark & twisted mind of A$AP
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #100 (permalink)
DEZ
 
MrMister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Book of Love
Posts: 27,138
MrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREWMrMister is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Food Network drops Paula Deen over racism

ITT: Cat is mad because she can't say .......
MrMister is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios