Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 05-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,970
Chi Town Punk Chi Town Punk Chi Town Punk Chi Town Punk
Default Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...iTv1FGwOw05MOI

Quote:
Snow, rain and gloom of night might not slow Brownsville mailmen down — but gangbangers sure will.

Postmen are too scared to deliver letters and packages to one of Brooklyn’s most crime-ravaged neighborhoods, a US Postal Service worker told The Post yesterday.

“The neighborhood is bad,” the worker said outside the Brownsville Station Post Office on Bristol Street. “I wouldn’t want to go into those buildings.”

Snail mail that goes undelivered finds its way back to the post office, where it can stew for several days until a carrier decides to deliver it — or residents are forced to come pick it up.


“Have you seen this neighborhood? It’s on the news every day,” the terrified employee said.

About 50 angry residents — organized by the neighborhood chapter of New York Communities for Change — gathered in front of the post office yesterday to protest the epidemic of late mail and parcels that never arrive.

Letter-starved residents acknowledged their nabe — rife with gang violence — is frightening but said that’s no excuse for them to miss out on their mail.

“The postal workers have a right to fear for their life,” said Quantanya White, 38, a home health-care worker. “It doesn’t give them the right not to deliver the mail. Just because this place is bad, you’re not going to deliver the mail?

“But I do understand why the mailmen feel fear. If I feel unsafe going into certain buildings, they must also.”

Most galling is that the situation contradicts the postal service’s unofficial motto, according to state Sen. Eric Adams — who said he would be ringing the postmaster to request an investigation.

“That is unbelievable. Government services can’t be stopped at the boundaries of high-crime areas,” he said. “They need to re-read that motto — through hail, sleet and snow.”

Adams, who represents Brownsville and is running for borough president, said he hasn’t heard anything about postal carriers being assaulted or robbed in his district but added that, if that’s the case, the police should start protecting them.

But fear isn’t the only factor — some couriers are just mailing it in, other residents said.

“We do pay taxes,” said Crystal Caesar, 30, a social-service worker. “They could make more of an effort to ring my bell when I have a package. It’s a headache to come to the post office.”

Other couriers just can’t hack it.

“Our carrier had a heart attack, so she can’t walk upstairs,” said Yolanda Matthews, 58. “Now we have a different person delivering every day, and it’s inconsistent. They don’t deliver mail until after 8, and if they can’t get in the building by buzzing someone, they don’t come in because they don’t have a key.”

She has missed letters from her lawyer and her doctor, as well as checks from the state.

“We’re getting bad service here because it’s Brownsville — people on Riverside Drive get their mail at 10 in the morning,” she said “Something’s got to change.”
Chi Town Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 67
Ramsay Snow
Default Re: Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn

It's there job so they should stop whining.
Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Will Always be a Snit Head
 
TaylorFitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 15,558
TaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn

If there are actual instances of mail carriers being victims of crime than yeah it makes sense that they don't want to deliver mail to certain areas. But I really don't think that's the case here.
TaylorFitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Three-Handled Moss Covered Family Crescenza
 
Stone Cold Steve Urkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 3,351
Stone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missedStone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missedStone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missedStone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missedStone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missedStone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missedStone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missedStone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missedStone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missedStone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missedStone Cold Steve Urkel probably won't be missed
Default Re: Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn

There's a reason why certain places refuse to actually enter the building they're delivering to, but that reason is because of delivery people being killed. These postal workers need to have some sort of protection with them, a person shouldn't be scared going into work. Give them guns and some training and maybe things would be a little better.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere.

Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16…
Urkel 3:16 says I don't have to take this... I'm going home.
Stone Cold Steve Urkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,652
Karma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSU View Post
There's a reason why certain places refuse to actually enter the building they're delivering to, but that reason is because of delivery people being killed. These postal workers need to have some sort of protection with them, a person shouldn't be scared going into work. Give them guns and some training and maybe things would be a little better.
Murica

Postal workers with guns now.
Karma101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
stevefox1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: HAPPY CATS
Posts: 3,036
stevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a push
Default Re: Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSU View Post
There's a reason why certain places refuse to actually enter the building they're delivering to, but that reason is because of delivery people being killed. These postal workers need to have some sort of protection with them, a person shouldn't be scared going into work. Give them guns and some training and maybe things would be a little better.
Postal workers are considered federal workers so if they get killed than the FBI head the investigations and the killer is damn near guaranteed life in a federal pen

It does not protect them from literal death but only an idiot would touch them
__________________
stevefox1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: like a bitch
Posts: 2,959
Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu
Default Re: Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefox1200 View Post
Postal workers are considered federal workers so if they get killed than the FBI head the investigations and the killer is damn near guaranteed life in a federal pen

It does not protect them from literal death but only an idiot would touch them
you mean like the gangbangers who kill cops on a consent basis?
__________________
Fuck Rayfu, its time for a ban!
Rayfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
stevefox1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: HAPPY CATS
Posts: 3,036
stevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a pushstevefox1200 is getting a push
Default Re: Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayfu View Post
you mean like the gangbangers who kill cops on a consent basis?
And most cop killers never see trial due to an overdose of bullets
__________________
stevefox1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,938
kobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayfu View Post
you mean like the gangbangers who kill cops on a consent basis?
Consent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefox1200 View Post
And most cop killers never see trial due to an overdose of bullets
What he said.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
 
Catalanotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 9,477
Catalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whoreCatalanotto is a rep whore
Default Re: Postal workers too scared to deliver mail in crime-ridden Brownsville, Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
It's there job so they should stop whining.



My dad is a retired postal worker. People have NO IDEA what they have to go through. It's not just walk up to a house, drop the mail and move on to the next house.

My dad has been bitten by a snake, chased by dogs, had shifty people steal mail, all kinds of messed up shit. Just because it's someone's job doesn't mean they have to be subjected to danger. I am pretty sure that no one here would be any different in this situation.


Avoid putting your life in danger or deliver mail? The answer is rather clear. If you feared for your life each day, you'd do the same.


People need to quit being tough guys. It's easy when you're typing in your home.
__________________

Detroit Red Wings/Dallas Cowboys
MARKS FOR ROWDY RODDY PIPER
Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions.
You ever notice Hulk Hogan’s got no hair on his chest? Only friend he’s got that DOES is Cyndi Lauper.

Catalanotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios