The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have - Page 25 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #241 (permalink)
I'm Star Lord, man.
 
BOOGIE COUSINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Traveled the World and the Seven Seas.
Posts: 15,877
BOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF BallotBOOGIE COUSINS made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have

I no longer have pictures of hot girls in my cp, someone change that.
__________________

San francisco 49ers- San Francisco Giants-Sacramento Kings
BOOGIE COUSINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #242 (permalink)
No One You Know ©
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
Posts: 5,637
NoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselves
Default Re: The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have

There ya go
__________________
---
★ "Life isn't about staying dry, it's about learning how to play in the rain." ★


NoyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #243 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,525
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg_ View Post
ADR at least was a former 2 time WWE champion so his win had a bit of credibility, but you're right that it came out in left field. I'm thinking they did that as a way to set something up with Ziggler and his briefcase, but a part of me thinks that they didn't want to waste Del Rio's talents and realized that they desperately needed a flagbearer for the Mexican audience. They could've put more thought into the lead in though, Del Rio was basically floundering at that point. It's as if he completely changed his entire outlook on life overnight and became a completely different person with no real motivation or triggering point behind it. That's not how the world works lol


I'm not as big a Wade fan as a lot of people on here, but the guy does deserve a spot on the Mania Card. Right now they still have time to get the Bo feud out of the way and put Wade in a program with a higher profiled wrestler. It would be nice in theory to have an Intercontinental championship match on the card since that rarely ever happens, but it needs to a big deal otherwise you're better off giving that spot to someone else.











Wow. We really derailed from the OP topic, next thing you know, we'll be getting banned from the thread :P
The only problem is WWE seems so intent on making Del Rio a mega star and it just won't compute. Even with his two WWE Championship reigns it was the same thing. Hell, it was the same thing back when he won the Rumble and got a World Championship match at WrestleMania 27. I don't understand the massive push that doesn't give fans time to digest over a slow burn, meaningful rise. Throw in a bogus minority vote here --> he become World Champion and leaves behind all of his heelish ideas in the wake of a sudden epiphany? A tad bit outrageous if you ask me. Maybe it's a personal gripe only.

I like Wade. He stood out to me on NXT and as the leader of Nexus. So, I'll keep hope he'll get something special or at the least deserving of being at WrestleMania. The ideal spot for an Intercontinental Championship match with substance on the biggest stage possible is such a pipe dream now. It's a bit tragic (nothing like a flair for the dramatic, huh?) considering that championship used to nearly close out WrestleMania. Now it doesn't even get placed on the card.

Well, this discussion came about b/c of a certain rep you got. Sooooo it's a tad bit still on the topic of the thread.
__________________
A practical application of an abstract ideal.
I'll be your Opthaumaturge. I'll be your savor of dreams.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #244 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,672
blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_
Default Re: The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleySabin View Post
The only problem is WWE seems so intent on making Del Rio a mega star and it just won't compute. Even with his two WWE Championship reigns it was the same thing. Hell, it was the same thing back when he won the Rumble and got a World Championship match at WrestleMania 27. I don't understand the massive push that doesn't give fans time to digest over a slow burn, meaningful rise. Throw in a bogus minority vote here --> he become World Champion and leaves behind all of his heelish ideas in the wake of a sudden epiphany? A tad bit outrageous if you ask me. Maybe it's a personal gripe only.

I like Wade. He stood out to me on NXT and as the leader of Nexus. So, I'll keep hope he'll get something special or at the least deserving of being at WrestleMania. The ideal spot for an Intercontinental Championship match with substance on the biggest stage possible is such a pipe dream now. It's a bit tragic (nothing like a flair for the dramatic, huh?) considering that championship used to nearly close out WrestleMania. Now it doesn't even get placed on the card.

Well, this discussion came about b/c of a certain rep you got. Sooooo it's a tad bit still on the topic of the thread.
I think the ADR babyface has been somewhat of a success so far, but it's still untested waters. he comes out and gets the SI SI SI chants so that alone puts him a cut above the ZERO heel heat he was getting before. His first push might've worked better if he stayed on Smackdown and feuded over the WHC, as soon as Punk's voice of the voiceless thing took off, Del Rio was basically a pawn that didn't really fit, so his championship run was more annoying and pointless than anything. As for his sudden epiphany,it would seem that part of the WWE's job requirements is to suffer from severe bipolar disorder, so his sudden turn wasn't all that shocking. What was shocking was the stark contrast of his current character traits to the one he had. They could've at least made him a tweener and gradually turn him face over an extended period of time. The way the did it just came across rushed and unbelievable.

I thought Wade did an amazing job as the leader of Nexus considering that it was his first year on the official roster. WWE in turn has done a brilliant job of making me not give a lick about his character for so long that I stopped caring. He never did much for me as an in-ring performer, but I know he has a lot of potential if motivated and presented properly.

I don't even remember the last time we got a meaningful Intercontinental title bout at Mania. I'm hoping that my memory fails me and that the last time wasn't Wrestlemania 10. I can't fathom how poorly the WWE treats such a prestigious title. It's fucking insane to me.
__________________
blarg_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #245 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,525
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg_ View Post
I think the ADR babyface has been somewhat of a success so far, but it's still untested waters. he comes out and gets the SI SI SI chants so that alone puts him a cut above the ZERO heel heat he was getting before. His first push might've worked better if he stayed on Smackdown and feuded over the WHC, as soon as Punk's voice of the voiceless thing took off, Del Rio was basically a pawn that didn't really fit, so his championship run was more annoying and pointless than anything. As for his sudden epiphany,it would seem that part of the WWE's job requirements is to suffer from severe bipolar disorder, so his sudden turn wasn't all that shocking. What was shocking was the stark contrast of his current character traits to the one he had. They could've at least made him a tweener and gradually turn him face over an extended period of time. The way the did it just came across rushed and unbelievable.

I thought Wade did an amazing job as the leader of Nexus considering that it was his first year on the official roster. WWE in turn has done a brilliant job of making me not give a lick about his character for so long that I stopped caring. He never did much for me as an in-ring performer, but I know he has a lot of potential if motivated and presented properly.

I don't even remember the last time we got a meaningful Intercontinental title bout at Mania. I'm hoping that my memory fails me and that the last time wasn't Wrestlemania 10. I can't fathom how poorly the WWE treats such a prestigious title. It's fucking insane to me.
Yeah, I'll say it's working on a solid level right now. Fans are actually reacting to him. Not only Hispanic fans, but all fans. So that's good for him. Going to RAW was a sign that they apparently wanted to give him more during his heel push of 2011. Then came along the Punker and like you said, the rest was history. Wonder what made them think trying to push both at the same time was going to work when one was clearly getting more steam than the other. Surely WWE had to know Punk would leave Del Rio in the dust during that time. Following Survivor Series 2011 ADR would fall into upper card obscurity until January of this year. Ha, bipolar disorder. Sure seems that way. I remember when he said he didn't care for Ricardo a number of times. Now they're best friends. That's how it works in the world of WWE.

I was hoping The Corre would hold onto what Wade had with the Nexus. Only it flopped and left you wondering what all of it was for. Jobbing to Ezekial Jackson didn't help him following. He was another guy who seemed to be a bit obscure for a while. He managed to rise back up following his program vs Orton in latter 2011 - early 2012, then the injury came and completely hindered a full push. That's why I thought this current championship reign could finally be his ticket into a World Championship scenario down the line.

Last meaningful Intercontinental Championship match at a WrestleMania? Well, I'd probably go back to 2001 @ WrestleMania 17. Jericho vs Regal had emphasis behind it and was a well built midcard match for the gold. Not the biggest match on the show, but certainly one that felt like it mattered imo.
__________________
A practical application of an abstract ideal.
I'll be your Opthaumaturge. I'll be your savor of dreams.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #246 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,672
blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_
Default Re: The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleySabin View Post
Yeah, I'll say it's working on a solid level right now. Fans are actually reacting to him. Not only Hispanic fans, but all fans. So that's good for him. Going to RAW was a sign that they apparently wanted to give him more during his heel push of 2011. Then came along the Punker and like you said, the rest was history. Wonder what made them think trying to push both at the same time was going to work when one was clearly getting more steam than the other. Surely WWE had to know Punk would leave Del Rio in the dust during that time. Following Survivor Series 2011 ADR would fall into upper card obscurity until January of this year. Ha, bipolar disorder. Sure seems that way. I remember when he said he didn't care for Ricardo a number of times. Now they're best friends. That's how it works in the world of WWE.

I was hoping The Corre would hold onto what Wade had with the Nexus. Only it flopped and left you wondering what all of it was for. Jobbing to Ezekial Jackson didn't help him following. He was another guy who seemed to be a bit obscure for a while. He managed to rise back up following his program vs Orton in latter 2011 - early 2012, then the injury came and completely hindered a full push. That's why I thought this current championship reign could finally be his ticket into a World Championship scenario down the line.

Last meaningful Intercontinental Championship match at a WrestleMania? Well, I'd probably go back to 2001 @ WrestleMania 17. Jericho vs Regal had emphasis behind it and was a well built midcard match for the gold. Not the biggest match on the show, but certainly one that felt like it mattered imo.
My guess is that their original plan was to push Del Rio to the moon in 2011. They had him penned to win the MITB and went through with those plans. Don't think they anticipated the Punk thing to take off the way it did, which paralleled the tentative ADR push. He had the briefcase, so they had to get that out of the way. Of course, in typical WWE fashion they failed to incorporated him into that story arc in any type of meaningful way, so the fans didn't care and thus ADR quickly became an afterthought. It was especially stupid that they gave him his second title run, from what I can tell that served absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

Wade will be thrust into the World title picture eventually, but right now that scene is oversaturated with players. I think Orton is winning the Chamber match on Sunday, and that could lead to ether a triple threat with ADR and Ziggler, or a one on one with Ziggler. It could also involve the Big Show. I was thinking for the longest time that Big Show and Ryback would have a match just for that Shellshock moment, but they could technically feed Henry to Ryback and have a similar effect. Soooo many possibilities

you're right. Jericho and Regal at least had decent build up, but their match was probably the most forgettable on the card with the exception of the Right to Censor , European title and Women's title matches. It opened the show, but then again I don't see opening the show as being a big negative like most people. It gets the crowd going, so it's an important spot.
__________________
blarg_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #247 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,525
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg_ View Post
My guess is that their original plan was to push Del Rio to the moon in 2011. They had him penned to win the MITB and went through with those plans. Don't think they anticipated the Punk thing to take off the way it did, which paralleled the tentative ADR push. He had the briefcase, so they had to get that out of the way. Of course, in typical WWE fashion they failed to incorporated him into that story arc in any type of meaningful way, so the fans didn't care and thus ADR quickly became an afterthought. It was especially stupid that they gave him his second title run, from what I can tell that served absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

Wade will be thrust into the World title picture eventually, but right now that scene is oversaturated with players. I think Orton is winning the Chamber match on Sunday, and that could lead to ether a triple threat with ADR and Ziggler, or a one on one with Ziggler. It could also involve the Big Show. I was thinking for the longest time that Big Show and Ryback would have a match just for that Shellshock moment, but they could technically feed Henry to Ryback and have a similar effect. Soooo many possibilities

you're right. Jericho and Regal at least had decent build up, but their match was probably the most forgettable on the card with the exception of the Right to Censor , European title and Women's title matches. It opened the show, but then again I don't see opening the show as being a big negative like most people. It gets the crowd going, so it's an important spot.
A lot of that 2011 stuff with Punk, Del Rio, Nash, Triple H, Awesome Truth, & Johnny Ace seems to put together in the span of 2 seconds with no definitive ending. Punk started off becoming a heel, then his angle led him to being purely the "voice of the voiceless" tweener stance. Del Rio cashed in a became champ - which got the backseat. Nash was here for some reason. Triple H was losing control of the masses with Ace being the scheming guy behind him. Miz & Truth's angle was solid, but had a weird tie in towards everything and it really wasn't even needed in the first place. With all of this going on Cena would come back into the fold, win the championship, lose it, than Del Rio would do what seems like nothing while Punk fully transformed into a face. Punker unseated Del Rio and that was that. Almost a bit of a mindfuck when you look at all of it. That's not even incorporating how Nash and Punk had zero altercations following Vengeance & Johnny Ace and Punk ended the moment Ace turned his attention on Cena.

Once again, I'm at a total loss what to expect for the Chamber match, or the World Championship picture come WrestleMania. I guess that's good. It's unpredictable and all of the scenarios except for Kane or Danielson winning do have a good chance of happening. Although, I'd be very underwhelmed if Orton came out on top to have a world championship match for WM. That's just me of course. World Championship has everyone involved meanwhile the WWE Championship is a 3 person show. Funny how that works out.

True. It did get lost in the shuffle as far as being remembered goes. I'll give WWF credit at the time though. It was collectively a nice rub for Jericho, Regal, & the Championship. Especially when you take into account the next year Regal vs RVD wasn't nearly as "big" and following that we wouldn't get another Intercontinental Championship match at WrestleMania till 2009. Not to mention it would be a total farce going only 25 seconds.
__________________
A practical application of an abstract ideal.
I'll be your Opthaumaturge. I'll be your savor of dreams.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #248 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,672
blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_
Default Re: The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleySabin View Post
A lot of that 2011 stuff with Punk, Del Rio, Nash, Triple H, Awesome Truth, & Johnny Ace seems to put together in the span of 2 seconds with no definitive ending. Punk started off becoming a heel, then his angle led him to being purely the "voice of the voiceless" tweener stance. Del Rio cashed in a became champ - which got the backseat. Nash was here for some reason. Triple H was losing control of the masses with Ace being the scheming guy behind him. Miz & Truth's angle was solid, but had a weird tie in towards everything and it really wasn't even needed in the first place. With all of this going on Cena would come back into the fold, win the championship, lose it, than Del Rio would do what seems like nothing while Punk fully transformed into a face. Punker unseated Del Rio and that was that. Almost a bit of a mindfuck when you look at all of it. That's not even incorporating how Nash and Punk had zero altercations following Vengeance & Johnny Ace and Punk ended the moment Ace turned his attention on Cena.

Once again, I'm at a total loss what to expect for the Chamber match, or the World Championship picture come WrestleMania. I guess that's good. It's unpredictable and all of the scenarios except for Kane or Danielson winning do have a good chance of happening. Although, I'd be very underwhelmed if Orton came out on top to have a world championship match for WM. That's just me of course. World Championship has everyone involved meanwhile the WWE Championship is a 3 person show. Funny how that works out.

True. It did get lost in the shuffle as far as being remembered goes. I'll give WWF credit at the time though. It was collectively a nice rub for Jericho, Regal, & the Championship. Especially when you take into account the next year Regal vs RVD wasn't nearly as "big" and following that we wouldn't get another Intercontinental Championship match at WrestleMania till 2009. Not to mention it would be a total farce going only 25 seconds.
That whole Punk storyline was just a giant clusterfuck They had the PERFECT opportunity to play off Punk's anti-authority shtick by turning HHH into the megalomaniacal authority figure, but instead the entire angle almost became a frottage of HHH's ego. Forget the fact that they brought back Punk prematurely just to help sell a PPV that has lost much of it's prestige in recent years. Nash's involvement could've worked had he been HHH's right hand man along with Johnny Ace, but of course his involvement turned out to be a giant waste of time. That whole fiasco annoys me because I know how big they could've made Punk at that moment in time if they set up the right situations for him. In the end, they went a different route that worked out well, but it could've worked even better if they didn't write their shows on table napkins for the better part of 2011. ugh.


Yeah, Kane and Bryan will likely cost themselves the match and feud with each other. I'd love to see Bryan in the title picture, but he'll need to shake off that comedy gimmick before that ever happens again. I'm certainly with you on the unpredictability factor, for the first time in a long time i'm left pondering about what WHC outcome for Mania. I also feel the same about the WWE title program, mainly for the reasons I listed in that rants thread.


When you think about it, the last time WWE treated the Intercontinental title as a big deal at Mania was in 1994. They technically had some the champs involved in high profile feuds and matches, but it wasn't for the title (think Goldust vs Piper). I don't know why they don't put any effort in that division for their biggest show of the year. That's one of life's most trivial mysteries, but one that many wrestling fans are left scratching the heads on.
__________________
blarg_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #249 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,525
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg_ View Post
That whole Punk storyline was just a giant clusterfuck They had the PERFECT opportunity to play off Punk's anti-authority shtick by turning HHH into the megalomaniacal authority figure, but instead the entire angle almost became a frottage of HHH's ego. Forget the fact that they brought back Punk prematurely just to help sell a PPV that has lost much of it's prestige in recent years. Nash's involvement could've worked had he been HHH's right hand man along with Johnny Ace, but of course his involvement turned out to be a giant waste of time. That whole fiasco annoys me because I know how big they could've made Punk at that moment in time if they set up the right situations for him. In the end, they went a different route that worked out well, but it could've worked even better if they didn't write their shows on table napkins for the better part of 2011. ugh.


Yeah, Kane and Bryan will likely cost themselves the match and feud with each other. I'd love to see Bryan in the title picture, but he'll need to shake off that comedy gimmick before that ever happens again. I'm certainly with you on the unpredictability factor, for the first time in a long time i'm left pondering about what WHC outcome for Mania. I also feel the same about the WWE title program, mainly for the reasons I listed in that rants thread.


When you think about it, the last time WWE treated the Intercontinental title as a big deal at Mania was in 1994. They technically had some the champs involved in high profile feuds and matches, but it wasn't for the title (think Goldust vs Piper). I don't know why they don't put any effort in that division for their biggest show of the year. That's one of life's most trivial mysteries, but one that many wrestling fans are left scratching the heads on.
I always knew it left me questioning what the point of a lot of it was, only I think I did realize how baffling a lot of it was when I pointed out all of the aspects about it right now. Nash was seriously only brought in to turn on H and work with him in December. How should that have tied into a Punk angle? I can't even form anymore words on the subject now. It has left me that vexed. Luckily Punk left it smelling like a rose once all was reset and he took the championship from Del Rio at Survivor Series.

I think Danielson vs Kane is a total lock. Scratch think. I know it is. I'm all for it. Danielson could win the break up and have momentum heading into one of the major championship brackets. He'll be back no matter what, it's only a matter of when. Post Team Hell No seems to be a good time for it. Still holding my breath on the Cena plan. If that comes through then nothing else for WrestleMania will matter to me. Only that stunning moment would. (ok, if Undertaker has a match then his too, haha)

That is true. Years following that the championship being at the show meant something, but it wasn't at the level of WrestleMania 10 or past years. It went from near main event to upper midcard to eventual midcard status. Now it's nearly at lower midcard status on an event of WrestleMania. It is confusing to think they use their IC champ for WM in a big match, but non-title situations. I think it was a contradictory type of booking. They wanted to use their champ in strong fashion...but in programs that were completely unrelated to the gold itself. Goldust vs Piper. Orton vs Foley. Shelton in Money in the Bank x2. Umaga vs Lashley. Jericho for Money in the Bank. (it would have been Jeff Hardy so either way it fits) Drew McIntyre for Money in the Bank & finally Wade Barrett as the head of The Corre leading his troops into battle at 27. The champ is always used, however it is seemingly NEVER for the championship anymore. I haven't tried to figure it out. You almost can't.
__________________
A practical application of an abstract ideal.
I'll be your Opthaumaturge. I'll be your savor of dreams.
Hayley Seydoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:38 AM   #250 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,672
blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_ blarg_
Default Re: The almighty REP - Post your user CP to show us how much RESPECT you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleySabin View Post
I always knew it left me questioning what the point of a lot of it was, only I think I did realize how baffling a lot of it was when I pointed out all of the aspects about it right now. Nash was seriously only brought in to turn on H and work with him in December. How should that have tied into a Punk angle? I can't even form anymore words on the subject now. It has left me that vexed. Luckily Punk left it smelling like a rose once all was reset and he took the championship from Del Rio at Survivor Series.

I think Danielson vs Kane is a total lock. Scratch think. I know it is. I'm all for it. Danielson could win the break up and have momentum heading into one of the major championship brackets. He'll be back no matter what, it's only a matter of when. Post Team Hell No seems to be a good time for it. Still holding my breath on the Cena plan. If that comes through then nothing else for WrestleMania will matter to me. Only that stunning moment would. (ok, if Undertaker has a match then his too, haha)

That is true. Years following that the championship being at the show meant something, but it wasn't at the level of WrestleMania 10 or past years. It went from near main event to upper midcard to eventual midcard status. Now it's nearly at lower midcard status on an event of WrestleMania. It is confusing to think they use their IC champ for WM in a big match, but non-title situations. I think it was a contradictory type of booking. They wanted to use their champ in strong fashion...but in programs that were completely unrelated to the gold itself. Goldust vs Piper. Orton vs Foley. Shelton in Money in the Bank x2. Umaga vs Lashley. Jericho for Money in the Bank. (it would have been Jeff Hardy so either way it fits) Drew McIntyre for Money in the Bank & finally Wade Barrett as the head of The Corre leading his troops into battle at 27. The champ is always used, however it is seemingly NEVER for the championship anymore. I haven't tried to figure it out. You almost can't.
Punk was on cruise control for the better part of that year leading into the next one. Seemed like they kept the title on him as a way to make up for not having anything left for him out of that initial storyline. I honestly think that they were writing on a dime, and didn't have a clue what the end result would be. For all intents and purposes, they wrote themselves into a rut. Him taking the title from ADR hardly felt like an accomplishement, more like an inevitability.

The Cena thing would certainly overshadow everything that night, including everything that has happened this year. It would also give WWE loads of material to play off of for years to come if done right. I really think that if they don't pull the trigger now, it'll be their biggest mistake since the XFL (ok, maybe not THAT big)

Well, I think the Goldust situation is unique, they initially had Razor and Goldust planned, but Razor backed out of that feud because of the homosexual implications. Piper was basically his fill in, and they certainly weren't going to throw the Intercontinental belt on him when he wasn't even an active competitor. From there, I just think that the WWE knew they wouldn't match classics like Steamboat/Savage and Razor/HBK which became the standard bearer, so they just stopped trying. They devalued the belt so much that even attempting to have it taken seriously at Mania would result in an embarassement. They would need to rebuild it's prestige from the ground up which is an investement, but right now it's not a priority of theirs unfortunately
__________________
blarg_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios