Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs" - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 01:31 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
ROGERTHAT21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs"


Some people will sue over anything nowadays.


Sig Credit: Bubba-3D
ROGERTHAT21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 01:46 AM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Riding the magic bus into the heart of love
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                 
Re: Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs"

I'm starving now reading about these "not so" foot longs. Not even arsed about the blag inch. I'd manage a happy scran on a meatball sub.
Boulle is offline  
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Give me a raise, loser!
 
HighFiveGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: STL
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs"

Cmon now. The fact is, they advertise a foot long. It would be no different than going to a gas station with the gas advertised as $3.15 a gallon, and getting charged $3.15 for 3/4ths a gallon. Its really all about the principle. If a company says they are going to sell you a 12 inch piece of bread, then sell the customer a 12 inch piece of bread.
HighFiveGhost is offline  
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 02:32 PM
You can't please everyone, especially the marks
 
Pratchett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Millenium Falcon (or thereabouts)
Posts: 2,911
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
                     
Re: Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensGates View Post
Cmon now. The fact is, they advertise a foot long. It would be no different than going to a gas station with the gas advertised as $3.15 a gallon, and getting charged $3.15 for 3/4ths a gallon. Its really all about the principle. If a company says they are going to sell you a 12 inch piece of bread, then sell the customer a 12 inch piece of bread.
Has nothing to do with it. The length of the bread is determined by how it is prepared before baking. If the employee rushes the process, or skips steps, it will fall short of 12". If proofed and baked properly, it will be footlong every time. You are still getting the same exact amount of bread either way. The gas argument is comparing apples to catfish. You can't do it.

Yet another stupid lawsuit that will cause the price of fast food to go up. The upside, I guess, is that more people will make their food at home, which will be healthier. I rarely eat at Subway anyway, since they raised their prices and reduced the amount of meat on the subs years ago.
Pratchett is offline  
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Give me a raise, loser!
 
HighFiveGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: STL
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatter View Post
Has nothing to do with it. The length of the bread is determined by how it is prepared before baking. If the employee rushes the process, or skips steps, it will fall short of 12". If proofed and baked properly, it will be footlong every time. You are still getting the same exact amount of bread either way. The gas argument is comparing apples to catfish. You can't do it.

Yet another stupid lawsuit that will cause the price of fast food to go up. The upside, I guess, is that more people will make their food at home, which will be healthier. I rarely eat at Subway anyway, since they raised their prices and reduced the amount of meat on the subs years ago.
That makes more sense then. Gas argument was just an example. Wasn't intended to be a direct comparison.
HighFiveGhost is offline  
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 01:16 AM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Stealth420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hayward,Ca
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs"

Why buy a footlong from Subway when you can feed the whole family with a $5 pizza?
Stealth420 is offline  
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs"

America: where people measure sandwiches and sue people.

It's a $10 sandwich (if that). Are you suing them for emotional distress or what? The entire thing is a massive waste of taxpayer money.
Virgil_85 is offline  
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 AM
CHYEAH
 
ThatWeirdGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs"

To be fair, with the amount of Subways I have eaten and if they have been giving me an inch less every time than what I have paid for; amounting all of those inches up they probably owe me a couple of free Meatball Marinaras.
ThatWeirdGuy is offline  
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Give me a raise, loser!
 
HighFiveGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: STL
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth420 View Post
Why buy a footlong from Subway when you can feed the whole family with a $5 pizza?
Not everyone has to feed a whole family.
HighFiveGhost is offline  
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 03:51 PM
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
 
Catalanotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hugh Jackman's pants
Posts: 9,499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Subway sandwich chain sued over 11-inch "Footlongs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil_85 View Post
America: where people measure sandwiches and sue people.

It's a $10 sandwich (if that). Are you suing them for emotional distress or what? The entire thing is a massive waste of taxpayer money.
Actually, it was a teen in Australia who got hungry and decided to bring measuring tape to measure his sandwich. The kid posted his findings and people in the US got up and arms and sued.


Detroit Red Wings/Dallas Cowboys
MARKS FOR ROWDY RODDY PIPER
Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions.
You ever notice Hulk Hoganís got no hair on his chest? Only friend heís got that DOES is Cyndi Lauper.

Catalanotto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome