Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage - Page 12 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #111 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,938
kobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. High IQ View Post
Very sensible post, but, sadly, I'm not the least bit surprised that it's being overlooked in favor of all these, "Religion is evil!" nonsensical rants.

The man may be misguided, but ultimately he's doing what he feels is in the best interest of the mentally ill homosexual couple. There was no vitriol in anything he said, only a polite statement claiming he feels their lifestyle is unhealthy and dangerous. In fact, the only hatred I've seen has came from those slack-jawed mouth-breathers who have viciously attacked this man for not thinking like they do (way to go with that whole "tolerance" thing!).

Anyway, kudos to this man for showing that he cares about his fellow human beings, and for being so polite and civilized. On the other hand, the lesbian couple and the agenda-driven media are pathetic for trying to turn a simple letter into a major news story. The Huffington Post continues to demonstrate why we members of the intelligentsia consider it a joke.
So you're saying that it's wrong for people to be intolerant of baseless bigotry? lol. That doesn't make any sense.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #112 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Music City
Posts: 10,449
Cliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth reading
Default Re: Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Thats a funny joke Apocalypto,Funny stuff.

Personally I'd rather spent the rest of my days with moderate muslims than "moderate" christians.Atleast muslims acknowledge science for what it is was and claim islam itself is scientific while most christians flat out reject science and say its from the devil.Many muslims believe in microevolution so thats something and a few even believe in macroevolution.ALLOT of muslims I have met in my life know for a fact that homosexuals are born with their sexuality and that they do not "choose" their sexuality like what retards from the christian side claims.Yeah,I'd definitely choose moderate muslims over moderate christians ANYDAY and the reason why muslims are so successful in Europe is because they're not as fucking stupid as most christians are.Also if you think Christianity is a better religion than islam then ROFL.
..And there goes your credibility.
__________________
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #113 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,938
kobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy Byro View Post
..And there goes your credibility.
Like he had any to begin with.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #114 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: like a bitch
Posts: 2,959
Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu
Default Re: Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
So you're saying that it's wrong for people to be intolerant of baseless bigotry? lol. That doesn't make any sense.
But it's not, or rather mmy point is they dont agrere with a life style and choices and you find that REPULSIVE and bad, but thats okay cause your on the "right side" your doing the same thing they are

the side you dont agree with is BADDDDDDDDDDD and has no excuse, its not possible to feel that its not worth it due to how many suicides it cause, its not possible to feel its not worth it to worry about the mount that die by std s or what not*


*I'm not say these ARE exucses and should be used, just that you are not willing at all to listen to their side, they are wrong no matter what they MUST be 100% ok with it or else they are wrong/



Your doing the same thing, YOU dont like the life choices they make


He was NOT being disrespectful, he told them what he feel and his opinion, just like you say yours, but his is evil and wrong, and should be hatted for being diffreint
\
wait hated because they dont follow what you do? is that not the definition of Bigotry?


Quote:
a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
you are doing all of that, hating a bigot for being a bigot makes you a bigot


Quote:
Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including age, disability, dissension from popular opinions, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, gender identity, language, nationality, political alignment, race, region, religious or spiritual belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Bigotry is sometimes developed into an ideology or world view.
You hate this group for not liking another, and by doing so becoming a bigot your self, hating a bigot don't make you imune to being one. it makes you the same as them.

Just because christian may have " intolerance" to someone dont mean you doing the same to them don't make you what they are

By definition you are doing what they are, maybe you think yours is justified? so do they.
Rayfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #115 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,938
kobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage

The foundation of religion is supposed to be tolerance. Unfortunately politicians and people with agendas have distorted the interpretation of the religious books to spread hatred and intolerance. Those people who claim to be religious but hate a group of people for something that they're born with are not OK. Those people don't have good intentions.

For the guy in the story, did he honestly think that his letter would magically make them straight? It was a waste of time and they're probably used to religious nutjobs chastising them so it's not like his actions were any different.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels


Last edited by kobra860 : 01-18-2013 at 08:08 PM.
kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #116 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: like a bitch
Posts: 2,959
Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu
Default Re: Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
The foundation of religion is supposed to be tolerance. Unfortunately politicians and people with agendas have distorted the interpretation of the religious books to spread hatred and intolerance. Those people who claim to be religious but hate a group of people for something that they're born with are not OK. Those people don't have good intentions.

For the guy in the story, did he honestly think that his letter would magically make them straight? It was a waste of time and they're probably used to religious nutjobs chastising them so it's not like his actions were any different.
Some claim some psychopaths are born that way, is that ok to you? should we not hate them for killing pepole?
or do you believe that's all choice? if you think its a choice huh amazing how the things you want to be "right" are not choices in this case and the ones you want to be wrong are not... wonder if threes a reason for that?


Again THERE IS NO PROOF EITHER WAY that being gay is something your born with, the top scientist in the world can not prove it yet, they believe they find something that MAY cause it, but hence they say MAY, its still a theory

Any "proof" you have is not enough for science to say that it is or not a choice and so its not a fact yet.

you may believe it is not a choice, but that is not proven yet.


As for what he expected, he wanted to warn them, like you might warn someone who drinks all the time and drives, or smokes, again YOU may not find this as bad as being gay, but he did,

He was caring for these people like you would if you found out your sibling was drinking and driving.

Is it right? thats above my pay grade, but the REASON he did it is what matters here, he did not do it cause he hate them, he did not do it cause he wanted to burn in hell

he wants them to be SAVED form hell, he ddnt want them in hell, he dont want their lifes to be ruined.*


*Of course it may all be a masrade and he wants them to and he did it to insult them but we can in no way say that what he DID as fact, we cant know what he felt when he wrote it, but it dont show someone hating them it showed someone writing a letter to someone who dose the big time drugs begging them to change their ways before its to late
it showed someone writing a letter to their brother who cuts him self all the time beggin him to stop

would it have any affect? not likely, but same for drug users, do you know what the rate of those who stop before they die is for some of those drugs? dose it mean we should not try to help them? of course not, we should try becuse if we save ONE of them then its worth it.



Tell me, would you say if he had wrote that to someone who was doing heroin, I know you dont think they are the same thing, but to him THEY ARE
its not about what you would do, its about WHY he did it, he felt it was as bad as heroin, I would never say someone doing that was bad (if done right)

They may be misguided but the point is they cared, not hate them, not want them dead, not wanting their life ruined.

Last edited by Rayfu : 01-18-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Rayfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #117 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,938
kobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayfu View Post

Again THERE IS NO PROOF EITHER WAY that being gay is something your born with, the top scientist in the world can not prove it yet, they believe they find something that MAY cause it, but hence they say MAY, its still a theory
On the flip side, did any of us choose to be straight? No. We were just born to be attracted to women. We never made a conscious effort.


Quote:
Any "proof" you have is not enough for science to say that it is or not a choice and so its not a fact yet.
It's been seen in other species of animals and this has been going on with humans since the Roman Empire.


Quote:
As for what he expected, he wanted to warn them, like you might warn someone who drinks all the time and drives, or smokes
I never heard of someone getting lung cancer for being gay or killing someone in a car accident while being under the influence of gay.


Quote:
He was caring for these people like you would if you found out your sibling was drinking and driving.


Quote:
Is it right? thats above my pay grade, but the REASON he did it is what matters here, he did not do it cause he hate them, he did not do it cause he wanted to burn in hell

he wants them to be SAVED form hell, he ddnt want them in hell, he dont want their lifes to be ruined.*
Hell is a metaphor in The Bible. There isn't actually a place where people burn for eternity. There are people living in Hell right now on Earth. It's all about perception.


Quote:
*Of course it may all be a masrade and he wants them to and he did it to insult them but we can in no way say that what he DID as fact, we cant know what he felt when he wrote it, but it dont show someone hating them it showed someone writing a letter to someone who dose the big time drugs begging them to change their ways before its to late
it showed someone writing a letter to their brother who cuts him self all the time beggin him to stop
You're all over the place with this one.

Quote:
would it have any affect? not likely, but same for drug users, do you know what the rate of those who stop before they die is for some of those drugs? dose it mean we should not try to help them? of course not, we should try becuse if we save ONE of them then its worth it.
Why do you keep making ridiculous comparisons for homosexuality by acting like it's a destructive behavior that ruins lives?
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #118 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: like a bitch
Posts: 2,959
Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu
Default Re: Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage

Quote:
On the flip side, did any of us choose to be straight? No. We were just born to be attracted to women. We never made a conscious effort.
Just becuse you where "born" that way dont mean you cant pick later, I was born a guy, people change that all the time

I dont know if its a choice or not, but just because you did not make an effort don't mean you cant make an effort to chnage, it just means you did not

Quote:
It's been seen in other species of animals and this has been going on with humans since the Roman Empire.
And being a boy\girl has been for ever, still people choice to chnage it\wish to\make an effort.




Quote:
I never heard of someone getting lung cancer for being gay or killing someone in a car accident while being under the influence of gay.
No you have not, but he belives it dose these things, he may be wrong, but he dont think he is (like you dont) and it dont stop form you making choices based on what you belive why cant he?








Quote:
Hell is a metaphor in The Bible. There isn't actually a place where people burn for eternity. There are people living in Hell right now on Earth. It's all about perception.
Many Christians belive its a real place, even if it IS not real, he also talked about HERE in this life and ruining it.
and your right its about perception, his perception is that its wrong and that it causes problems, problems he feels these pepole should be warned about and try to safe them.





Quote:

Why do you keep making ridiculous comparisons for homosexuality by acting like it's a destructive behavior that ruins lives?
Because the guy's whole letter was about it doing just that? he believes it DOSE ruin lifes

I've said a billion times it may not, but he believes it dose

Just like you belive hatting gays is wrong, and you act on your belief, he acts on his


Also please awnser my question, if psychopaths are born that way is it okay for them to kill? (my point being that just becuse your born with somehting dont make it ok, dont mean being gay is wrong either)

Last edited by Rayfu : 01-18-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Rayfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #119 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Asenath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,439
Asenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more seriousAsenath needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage

__________________
Ainsi sera, groigne qui groigne.

Asenath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #120 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,938
kobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Controversial letter to lesbian couple sparks outrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayfu View Post
Also please awnser my question, if psychopaths are born that way is it okay for them to kill? (my point being that just becuse your born with somehting dont make it ok, dont mean being gay is wrong either)
Why are you comparing a mentally ill person who kills people to a gay person? It's obviously not OK for them to kill people. It's wrong and it's against the law.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios