Jones vs Morgan - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Sundance Kid
 
CamillePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 9,706
CamillePunk 27501 - 28000CamillePunk 27501 - 28000CamillePunk 27501 - 28000CamillePunk 27501 - 28000CamillePunk 27501 - 28000CamillePunk 27501 - 28000CamillePunk 27501 - 28000CamillePunk 27501 - 28000CamillePunk 27501 - 28000CamillePunk 27501 - 28000CamillePunk 27501 - 28000
Default Re: Jones vs Morgan

The questions Piers wanted Jones to answer were completely irrelevant to the topic. What do the amount of gun homicides in the UK vs the US or the weapon used in the last two mass shootings have to do with the issue of gun control? Comparing the US and the UK is an apples and oranges comparison.

The UK's populace has been historically disarmed by the ruling class. It's NEVER had a gun culture, so why would it surprise anyone that it has less gun homicides? It still has a much higher crime rate, and the citizens can't defend themselves. 50% of UK home burglaries occur when the homeowner is home. This is compared to 8% in the US, where there has been a gun culture since the founding of the country and guns have always been legal and prevalent. Think about that. Not to mention the fact that in the US, violent crime is LOWER in places where there is less gun control, and the citizens are armed. Just think about the fact that every public shooting in the US in the last 50 years or so save ONE occurred at a gun free zone. It's the disarming of citizens, which leads to a sense of safety for criminals, that allows these tragedies to occur.

The fact the same type of rifle was used at the last two public shootings means we need to ban semi-automatic rifles? Even though they account for a tiny fraction of the gun violence? How is that a solution at all? It's just an unnecessary restriction of our freedoms.

Alex Jones made most of these points in the interview, but he went about it the wrong way. He came off as a raving madman, which he sort of is when he goes into his conspiracy theory shit. That's how Alex Jones is though, and the Piers Morgan show knew that going in, and it's exactly what they were counting on. This isn't about having a debate about the issue (if it was then Piers Morgan would have done that with the last guy, instead of simply shouting ad hominem attacks at him), it's about making the other side look crazy. Which they succeeded at, even though the reverse is true.
__________________

WATCH COMMUNITY!
No gods, no rulers.
CamillePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Base
 
Jupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Don't fuck up the Base
Posts: 645
Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Jones vs Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillePunk View Post
The questions Piers wanted Jones to answer were completely irrelevant to the topic. What do the amount of gun homicides in the UK vs the US or the weapon used in the last two mass shootings have to do with the issue of gun control? Comparing the US and the UK is an apples and oranges comparison.

The UK's populace has been historically disarmed by the ruling class. It's NEVER had a gun culture, so why would it surprise anyone that it has less gun homicides? It still has a much higher crime rate, and the citizens can't defend themselves. 50% of UK home burglaries occur when the homeowner is home. This is compared to 8% in the US, where there has been a gun culture since the founding of the country and guns have always been legal and prevalent. Think about that. Not to mention the fact that in the US, violent crime is LOWER in places where there is less gun control, and the citizens are armed. Just think about the fact that every public shooting in the US in the last 50 years or so save ONE occurred at a gun free zone. It's the disarming of citizens, which leads to a sense of safety for criminals, that allows these tragedies to occur.

The fact the same type of rifle was used at the last two public shootings means we need to ban semi-automatic rifles? Even though they account for a tiny fraction of the gun violence? How is that a solution at all? It's just an unnecessary restriction of our freedoms.

Alex Jones made most of these points in the interview, but he went about it the wrong way. He came off as a raving madman, which he sort of is when he goes into his conspiracy theory shit. That's how Alex Jones is though, and the Piers Morgan show knew that going in, and it's exactly what they were counting on. This isn't about having a debate about the issue (if it was then Piers Morgan would have done that with the last guy, instead of simply shouting ad hominem attacks at him), it's about making the other side look crazy. Which they succeeded at, even though the reverse is true.
idk if Piers wanted to start off general and then get more specific to sort of introduce and engage the audience? Idk if Piers had a point after his questions were answered but we'll never know, answer the goddamn questions. don't give me this 'the questions were irrelevant'. answer them then make your point.
__________________
Quote:
'But she's legal because of sheep years right?'-How Woolcock couldn't grasp the law
WF Vice
Jupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,199
Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Jones vs Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not-Jupes View Post
do you have aids of the brain? where do i say i have the answers? all i say is that the guy completely avoids these points which, if you watch the video, he does. pretty our gun crimes come from gangs and if I'm honest, let them kill one another. still we never have maniacs coming into schools w/fucking semi automatics and killing children. why do citizens need semi automatics again?
No, I have AISPP, also known as Acquired Immune Stupid Post Proficiency. I'm immune to the garbage (it's so hard for pro gun boys to defend our crime stats LOLOMFGBBQ!!) that you posted and responded in kind. You said it was hard for people to defend British gun crime stats, acting like it was the be all, end all to the gun crime debate. I posted that it was not, and was nowhere near supportive of the actual point you were trying to make.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Base
 
Jupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Don't fuck up the Base
Posts: 645
Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Jones vs Morgan

i said it was hard b/c it's a solid statistic really. i said it was hard. hard. then laughed at the fact that he chose to SHOUT over it instead of address it.

(I'm immune to stupid posts Jupes, but i can still see yours which i'm insinuating are stupid but mustn't be b/c I can see them). Glass-shatters is it true your parents are twins? reply back xxx
__________________
Quote:
'But she's legal because of sheep years right?'-How Woolcock couldn't grasp the law
WF Vice
Jupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,199
Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Jones vs Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not-Jupes View Post
i said it was hard b/c it's a solid statistic really. i said it was hard. hard. then laughed at the fact that he chose to SHOUT over it instead of address it.

(I'm immune to stupid posts Jupes, but i can still see yours which i'm insinuating are stupid but mustn't be b/c I can see them). Glass-shatters is it true your parents are twins? reply back xxx
My apologies on the misunderstanding, might want to word it better. Why would it be hard for "pro gun boys" to refute statistics if you're now claiming that you meant it as a "hard" statistic? Take a proper English course or twenty and get back to me.

And read what I said again. Do you even know what immune means? Meaning that I was resistant your garbage, not that I ignored it. English classes, son. Is it true that you always resort to petty, sophomoric e-insults when you get your ass handed to you in an Internet debate? Sorry to break your heart. Reply back xxx.


Last edited by Glass Shatters : 01-08-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Base
 
Jupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Don't fuck up the Base
Posts: 645
Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000Jupes 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Jones vs Morgan

Glass Shatters are you Alex jones? reply back xxx
__________________
Quote:
'But she's legal because of sheep years right?'-How Woolcock couldn't grasp the law
WF Vice
Jupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Just so.
 
Moto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 684
Moto 501 - 1000Moto 501 - 1000Moto 501 - 1000Moto 501 - 1000Moto 501 - 1000Moto 501 - 1000
Default Re: Jones vs Morgan

If Alex Jones spoke (not yell) his opinions, he'd be much more effective.
__________________
Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,970
Chi Town Punk wants to be bannedChi Town Punk wants to be bannedChi Town Punk wants to be bannedChi Town Punk wants to be banned
Default Re: Jones vs Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto View Post
If Alex Jones spoke (not yell) his opinions, he'd be much more effective.
but you gotta admit he's one hell of a promo.
Chi Town Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,910
truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500truk83 2001 - 2500
Default Re: Jones vs Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillePunk View Post
The questions Piers wanted Jones to answer were completely irrelevant to the topic. What do the amount of gun homicides in the UK vs the US or the weapon used in the last two mass shootings have to do with the issue of gun control? Comparing the US and the UK is an apples and oranges comparison.

The UK's populace has been historically disarmed by the ruling class. It's NEVER had a gun culture, so why would it surprise anyone that it has less gun homicides? It still has a much higher crime rate, and the citizens can't defend themselves. 50% of UK home burglaries occur when the homeowner is home. This is compared to 8% in the US, where there has been a gun culture since the founding of the country and guns have always been legal and prevalent. Think about that. Not to mention the fact that in the US, violent crime is LOWER in places where there is less gun control, and the citizens are armed. Just think about the fact that every public shooting in the US in the last 50 years or so save ONE occurred at a gun free zone. It's the disarming of citizens, which leads to a sense of safety for criminals, that allows these tragedies to occur.

The fact the same type of rifle was used at the last two public shootings means we need to ban semi-automatic rifles? Even though they account for a tiny fraction of the gun violence? How is that a solution at all? It's just an unnecessary restriction of our freedoms.

Alex Jones made most of these points in the interview, but he went about it the wrong way. He came off as a raving madman, which he sort of is when he goes into his conspiracy theory shit. That's how Alex Jones is though, and the Piers Morgan show knew that going in, and it's exactly what they were counting on. This isn't about having a debate about the issue (if it was then Piers Morgan would have done that with the last guy, instead of simply shouting ad hominem attacks at him), it's about making the other side look crazy. Which they succeeded at, even though the reverse is true.
Where did this come from? Well said person. Glad to see many of us are still using logic today. Great points all through. Could not have said it any better.
truk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 682
TheRainKing 251 - 500TheRainKing 251 - 500TheRainKing 251 - 500TheRainKing 251 - 500
Default Re: Jones vs Morgan

It's funny when people call Alex Jones a nutjob without having researched any of the stuff he talks about. These people are the very definition of sheep. Believe everything the media tells and do as your told.
TheRainKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios