Originally Posted by Uerfer
So I've been prescribed to wear eyes glasses for near-sightedness for the first time by my doctor. Any advice is appreciated.
I have three important questions to those who wear glasses,
1. Does using glasses worsen the near sightedness condition overtime?
2. Does using them make your eyes/brain dependent on them forever?
3. Contacts are a better option? any benefits other than obvious ones?
1. Your eyes may continue getting worse but it has nothing to do with glasses. Your eyes don't fully develop and stop changing until your 25. So yeah, they may continue to get worse or they may not, but it has to do with genetics, not the glasses themselves.
2. ??? You gotta use them so you have standard vision, so I guess you are dependent on them. idk, this question doesn't make any sense.
3. They both have their flaws so it's whatever you like.