Fourteen year old strangles new born - Page 8 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 10-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #71 (permalink)
Turn Out The Lights
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sleeping
Posts: 18,152
Rush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

I'm sorry, but a) do you not consider giving birth in a bathroom as a great length to go to hide a pregnancy? and b) do you not consider a teenage pregnancy to be a complicated issue? jesus christ

As far as leniency goes, yeah being raped could maybe knock a bit off her lengthy jail sentence. It doesn't excuse the fact she murdered her baby. Thinking of a hypothetical situation to make this girl appear in a better light is ridiculous. She likely wasn't raped, she deserves no sympathy here and the fact you're conceiving scenarios in which she's a victim is utterly ridiculous.
__________________

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #72 (permalink)
#24
 
LUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 64 days
Posts: 18,961
LUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF BallotLUCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

lol @ anyone suggesting that a 14 year old wouldn't know better. just because she isn't an adult yet doesn't mean she wasn't well aware of the situation at hand. you're defending a murderer simply because she's underage and could have been raped(she likely wasn't). Do you know how ridiculous you sound?
__________________


LUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #73 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
I'm sorry, but a) do you not consider giving birth in a bathroom as a great length to go to hide a pregnancy? and b) do you not consider a teenage pregnancy to be a complicated issue? jesus christ
Uh, I actually asked YOU to think about her method of giving birth because it was so primitive and barbaric. It is going to great lengths, but it is NOT going to great lengths to HIDE the pregnancy as you claim. It should be so damn obvious to any parent in the history of the world if their daughter is carrying a newborn in them at 6-9 months. I mean, think about how big those "baggy" clothes would have to be to hide a baby on her small frame. You'd have to take a shirt off of Rick Ross.

If I had a daughter, I'd like to think that I'd be a good enough and involved parent to recognize a full term pregnancy.

Quote:
As far as leniency goes, yeah being raped could maybe knock a bit off her lengthy jail sentence. It doesn't excuse the fact she murdered her baby. Thinking of a hypothetical situation to make this girl appear in a better light is ridiculous. She likely wasn't raped, she deserves no sympathy here and the fact you're conceiving scenarios in which she's a victim is utterly ridiculous.
It sure doesn't. She needs to be punished and make her realize that there are consequences for her actions. I'm just saying to all the people who want her tried as an adult or to kill her or whatever that 14 years old is a long, long way from adult level thinking. If she had taken this to an abortion clinic 4 months ago it would've been perfectly legal and the fetus just as alive as it was when she strangled him.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #74 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,437
Karma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
Basically what you're saying is that you condone murder
Yeh that's exactly what I said, I love murder especially on newborn babies, I can't get enough of it.

/sarcasm what a ridiculous way to put words in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
lol @ anyone suggesting that a 14 year old wouldn't know better. just because she isn't an adult yet doesn't mean she wasn't well aware of the situation at hand. you're defending a murderer simply because she's underage and could have been raped(she likely wasn't). Do you know how ridiculous you sound?
You seem pretty ignorant, you have no idea about the circumstances surrounding the event and you say 'she likely wasn't' raped even though she very well could've been.

An attempt to understand what is actually going on is much better than just simply condemning somebody, always. I probably wouldn't be doing that if everybody wasn't so obsessed with the death penalty, she should be punished because she has done something terribly wrong but at only 14 she definitely deserves a second chance.
Karma101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #75 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
The Mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Paris, Illinois
Posts: 943
The Mercenary The Mercenary The Mercenary
Default Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

Absolutely sick! How much longer until we implement a mandatory eugenics program so stupid people cant breed? There are people in this world who just need to be sterilized for the good of the world.
The Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #76 (permalink)
Turn Out The Lights
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sleeping
Posts: 18,152
Rush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassBreaks View Post
Uh, I actually asked YOU to think about her method of giving birth because it was so primitive and barbaric. It is going to great lengths, but it is NOT going to great lengths to HIDE the pregnancy as you claim.
Having a baby in your bathroom is not going to great lengths to hide being pregnant? Are you having a laugh mate?

Quote:
It should be so damn obvious to any parent in the history of the world if their daughter is carrying a newborn in them at 6-9 months. I mean, think about how big those "baggy" clothes would have to be to hide a baby on her small frame. You'd have to take a shirt off of Rick Ross.

If I had a daughter, I'd like to think that I'd be a good enough and involved parent to recognize a full term pregnancy.
As i mentioned earlier, there are lots of documented cases where mothers have failed to realise they're pregnant. Hell, there's even a TV show about it. Just because you associate a pregnancy with someone having a massive stomach doesn't always make it so. There have been studies doneon it, and while it is only an estimate one study has it as 1 in 7225 at the time of birth. That is far more common than you would think.

Quote:
It sure doesn't. She needs to be punished and make her realize that there are consequences for her actions. I'm just saying to all the people who want her tried as an adult or to kill her or whatever that 14 years old is a long, long way from adult level thinking. If she had taken this to an abortion clinic 4 months ago it would've been perfectly legal and the fetus just as alive as it was when she strangled him.
You can't have the death penalty on a minor for one, and anyone calling for it here is also an idiot. She is being tried as an adult and i have absolutely no problems with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma101 View Post
Yeh that's exactly what I said, I love murder especially on newborn babies, I can't get enough of it.

/sarcasm what a ridiculous way to put words in my mouth.
to quote you on this...

Quote:
I don't think anybody else here has been in the same situation as her therefore we don't know what we would've done.
which is basically saying, "dont judge her on this murder, if you haven't been in this situation then you can't judge" which is utterly ridiculous. Do you judge Hitler? Pol Pot? various African dictators who got their power via a coup? various massacres like Columbine, Norway, or Aurora? Now OBVIOUSLY these are very much extreme examples and before you point it out, murdering this baby isn't anything close to Hitler et al. However, going by your flawed logic, we weren't in the same situation as them, so we can't judge them for their atrocities.
__________________

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #77 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,198
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
Having a baby in your bathroom is not going to great lengths to hide being pregnant? Are you having a laugh mate?
In her childish mind it might be, but to any sane parent it should have never, ever gotten to that point. It should've been obvious is the only point that I'm trying to make here. There is no excuse for her killing the little boy, don't get confused. I'm all for some sort of punishment. I just don't think she needs to be held to adult standards when she isn't one. I put more of the blame on the parents than her.

Quote:
As i mentioned earlier, there are lots of documented cases where mothers have failed to realise they're pregnant. Hell, there's even a TV show about it. Just because you associate a pregnancy with someone having a massive stomach doesn't always make it so.
The police report says she weighs 100 pounds sans child. Assuming she gave birth to an average sized baby at 7-8 pounds, that is pretty close to 1/10th of her body weight without the child concentrated on her stomach.

I just cannot expect a 14 year old to be mature about the situation. As I said, she needs to be incarcerated and realize that there are consequences for her disdainful actions. She more than likely needs some sort of a mental health program in her life at this point. Her life is already ruined at 14 as her picture and name are plastered on every major news program and website.

Quote:
There have been studies doneon it, and while it is only an estimate one study has it as 1 in 7225 at the time of birth. That is far more common than you would think.
There have been reports that are saying that she didn't know she was pregnant. I think that it's a bunch of bullshit and she knew damn well that she was pregnant or she would not have gone to the measures that she wound up taking. They said that she was treated at a hospital for a miscarriage and that she flushed the child down the toilet...I mean, is that any more humane than what she did? Where were the police then? Only because she put the child in a shoebox in her room (again, in her mind outsmarting her parents, but any adult in their right mind would have known beforehand) did the police decide to take action.

Quote:
You can't have the death penalty on a minor for one, and anyone calling for it here is also an idiot. She is being tried as an adult and i have absolutely no problems with that.
Agreed on the death penalty thing. This little girl isn't Casey Anthony by a long shot. I don't think the adult charges will stick once she gets on the stand.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #78 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,437
Karma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new hereKarma101 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
which is basically saying, "dont judge her on this murder, if you haven't been in this situation then you can't judge" which is utterly ridiculous. Do you judge Hitler? Pol Pot? various African dictators who got their power via a coup? various massacres like Columbine, Norway, or Aurora? Now OBVIOUSLY these are very much extreme examples and before you point it out, murdering this baby isn't anything close to Hitler et al. However, going by your flawed logic, we weren't in the same situation as them, so we can't judge them for their atrocities.
First of all, not judging =/= condoning.

As for the rest of your post all the atrocities mentioned don't come to mind as a 'spur of the moment' type of action, they were committed over time and were planned whereas the case with this girl doesn't seem like that at all, I doubt she planned to do this at all, it's just one thing on top of another that has resulted in a desperate action, at least that's how this story comes across to me. Not to mention some of the things you mentioned were committed by mentally insane individuals, whereas there is nothing to suggest this 14 year old girl is mentally insane.

Of course this is a lot to do with how I interpret the situation, I don't think the causes of murder are black and white like you seem to think it is.
Karma101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #79 (permalink)
Turn Out The Lights
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sleeping
Posts: 18,152
Rush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

As for whether she knew is debatable, my point is that it is possible for pregancies to go unnoticed by those around you.

Now Karma101, if she knew she was pregnant then she had, lets say 7 months to think about what to do. 7 months to talk to someone about it. 7 months to cone up with a rational plan that didnt involve murder.

If she truely didnt know she was pregnant then she would have come forward to her parents feeling ill with cramps etc associated with going through labour. That shit is painful, if you didnt know you were pregnant then you'd head straight to hospital in a panic.
__________________

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #80 (permalink)
Turn Out The Lights
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sleeping
Posts: 18,152
Rush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: Fourteen year old strangles new born

As for whether she knew is debatable, my point is that it is possible for pregancies to go unnoticed by those around you.

Now Karma101, if she knew she was pregnant then she had, lets say 7 months to think about what to do. 7 months to talk to someone about it. 7 months to cone up with a rational plan that didnt involve murder.

If she truely didnt know she was pregnant then she would have come forward to her parents feeling ill with cramps etc associated with going through labour. That shit is painful, if you didnt know you were pregnant then you'd head straight to hospital in a panic.
__________________

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios