Al Qaeda operates in Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yeme, Indonesia.
This terrorist group, has been shielded, protected and funded by many of these governments.
How about the Taliban, an Islamic militant group, that had gained diplomatic recognition in Saudi Arabia, UAE and Pakistan. This is a group that represses rights of it's people and have been extremely violent toward women.
How about the Muslim Brotherhood who are in charge in Egypt. I understand that nearly 80% of Egypt's population is Muslim, and the other 20% is made up of Christians among other religions, but it does not makes sense that a country should be represented by a religious group.
That is as crazy as if the Westboro Baptist Church was elected to the White House...
I understand that Egypt voted them into power, but it was a mistake they will regret. Everything that they hated about Mubarak, will come back in the form of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Ah, 'Al Qaeda' and support. Alright, thats cool. Sure go ahead, keep getting your facts from the extremely superficial media
Al Qaeda for starters, is a very general name that americans found very catchy and decided to use it to label ALL terrorists
Second, terrorist activity is virtually unheard of in saudi arabia (really fucking realistic that america's greatest ally in the region is gonna support the group), UAE, Egypt and rest of the arab world. Oh, except for Syria, where the 'freedom fighters' that are worshipped by Americans now may not be linked to Al Qaeda, but they are a group of very violent religious fundamentalists who will destabilise the entire region. And theyre getting united states funding. Why? Because Bashar Al Assad may be a bastard, but hes a bastard who stands in the way of America interests in the region.
Second, the muslim brotherhood is absolutely nothing like al qaeda, which like i said, is just a concept thought up and exagrreated by american leaders so they turn it into an actual 'war' instead of facing what it really is: a group of loosely associated wackjobs that society hates and for some reason have been grouped together. So many organisations have been grouped together its ridiculous. Take the group Hezbollah in Lebanon. who are NOTHING like Al Qaeda. However not too long ago i heard the two were 'linked' by the US media. Which is absurd since actual Al Qaeda terrorist groups mostly spend their time killing Shi'ite sect muslims. Every day in iraq, its these shi'ite sect muslims that get blown up every day. Infact, im relatively sure both the Americans and Saudi Arabian governments may help fund that, because shi'ite muslims are so hated in the region due to their association with Iran
Its the simplest rule of all, America does care who the fuck you are or what your regime does, they will support you until all is lost. The only condition is, you have to play 'ball'. Some countries dont.
The muslim brotherhood is their choice, they democratically chose them, they exorcised your 'holy' democracy that Americans like jerking off to. I may not agree with it. You may not agree with it. But fuck, our opinion means nothing here. Their choice, nobody else's. Until either they decide to be American allies again, in which case America will have nno problem endorsing them. Or, they may decide not to play with America, in which case America will label them tyrants and may try to depose them. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it
Oh, and btw, you forgot another major historical ally that provided the Taliban with arms, missiles, money and everything they need to fight wars. United States of America